Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 48 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-13-2019, 03:21 PM   #1176
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
the acuity tps is good, shouldn't have issues with it
Thanks for the affirmation! I was losing my shit this morning trying to drive and not get rear ended. Swapped cars during lunch.

Sensor should be here by Wed. Will report if my issue is resolved.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2019, 12:30 PM   #1177
Luna
Tuna Luna

Luna is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Thanks for the affirmation! I was losing my shit this morning trying to drive and not get rear ended. Swapped cars during lunch.

Yeah x2 on acuity. Also, It didnít cross my mind about the problem you were having possibly relating to tps. It happened to me awhile back and the car would do just that. My bad, I just havenít driven the car in so long that I forgot I went through that similar problem. Once I switched it, car ran fine. Hope thatís what is causing the problem so it can be fixed
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:58 AM   #1178
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna View Post
Quote:

Yeah x2 on acuity. Also, It didn’t cross my mind about the problem you were having possibly relating to tps. It happened to me awhile back and the car would do just that. My bad, I just haven’t driven the car in so long that I forgot I went through that similar problem. Once I switched it, car ran fine. Hope that’s what is causing the problem so it can be fixed<a href="http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/thumb.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Thumbs Up" ></a>
Lol, no worries! Got the new TPS and took my TB out this morning. Going to get it maxbored and reinstall. Fingers crossed it resolves my problem!

Old 05-21-2019, 02:16 PM   #1179
crackerjack
+ Displacement

crackerjack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
acuity TPS

Quote:
Lol, no worries! Got the new TPS and took my TB out this morning. Going to get it maxbored and reinstall. Fingers crossed it resolves my problem!
Acuity TPS is a one of the best upgrade you can do to an aging Car. I have it too.

I just want to mention that you don't need the adjustment harness as you have K-pro.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #1180
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
Quote:
Acuity TPS is a one of the best upgrade you can do to an aging Car. I have it too.

I just want to mention that you don't need the adjustment harness as you have K-pro.
Ah, too late. Wish I would have known that prior too, but oh well. TB is out for service and should be back by next week. Will keep everyone posted if it resolves the issue.
Old 05-27-2019, 09:23 AM   #1181
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
In Orlando with the family for a wedding and some Disney time. At 98-100 deg F, it's hotter than hell down here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #1182
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
In Orlando with the family for a wedding and some Disney time. At 98-100 deg F, it's hotter than hell down here.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Welcome to Orlando! Sounds accurate lol... My wife was just saying earlier that she feels bad for anyone at theme parks today.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:30 PM   #1183
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Just got my TB back from Maxbore. Will install tomorrow and see if my issue is resolved. My OEM TB was bored the 65mm vs the stock 62mm.
Old 06-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #1184
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Just got my TB back from Maxbore. Will install tomorrow and see if my issue is resolved. My OEM TB was bored the 65mm vs the stock 62mm.
Update... Looks like my bucking/stalling issue has been resolved. I believe the TPS was the issue. Need to update my tune as I noticed some knock. Temp has drastically changed since the last time I drove my car.

U may have asked this already, but do you guys have a summer tune and a winter tune? I noticed I usually complete my tune when temps are cooler (Jan -mid 50s-60s), and now summer I'm seeing 90-100*. Need to build a summer tune now the car is driveable again.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:28 PM   #1185
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Only one tune - works well with Chicago's extreme temperature range.
Old 06-03-2019, 03:47 AM   #1186
Luna
Tuna Luna

Same here, just one tune all year. But i do notice it when It does get hotter since I also did my tune when it was cooler.
Old 06-03-2019, 09:36 AM   #1187
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Only one tune - works well with Chicago's extreme temperature range.
Quote:
Same here, just one tune all year. But i do notice it when It does get hotter since I also did my tune when it was cooler.
Thanks for the replies. I've always done one tune as well, but I think I need to adjust slightly and have a summer tune. Yesterday, highs was upper 90s and my temps hit IAT - 180s* and ECT - 213* w/ AC on.

Took the car into work today and datalogged. Didn't see any knock but was ambient temp was 70s driving in.
Old 06-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #1188
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
I had a nice time last week visiting the Orlando area. It was sunny everyday and I didnít have to fight the mosquitoes like we have in the Chicago area. With ambient temperature close to 100 F degrees, plus high humidity, that unbearable climate must be stealing around 40 hp from your poor engineís output.
Old 06-09-2019, 08:54 PM   #1189
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
I had a nice time last week visiting the Orlando area. It was sunny everyday and I didn’t have to fight the mosquitoes like we have in the Chicago area. With ambient temperature close to 100 F degrees, plus high humidity, that unbearable climate must be stealing around 40 hp from your poor engine’s output.
Yessir! You just missed love bug season cause those things were everywhere until 2 weeks ago. Complete 180 today from last weekend. Went from no rain for weeks to torrential downpours. Needed the rain, so I'm not complaining.

Yes, you can tell the car feels different in the summer. I tweaked my tune last week without meth injection, but still need to dial in when spraying. Didn't realize boring the TB a few MMS would adjust the tune as much as it did. Car does feel whole again being able to drive without worrying about it bucking.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:38 AM   #1190
Luna
Tuna Luna

Anyone else have trouble contacting Jose at mercracing? Wanted to purchase the manifold for the jrsc along with the aftercooler core, but he never seems to respond back. Now I’m actually just thinking of going back to NA for now and then do a simple turbo setup later since my factory jrsc manifold is a complete loss with cracks in it.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:16 AM   #1191
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Anyone else have trouble contacting Jose at mercracing? Wanted to purchase the manifold for the jrsc along with the aftercooler core, but he never seems to respond back. Now I’m actually just thinking of going back to NA for now and then do a simple turbo setup later since my factory jrsc manifold is a complete loss with cracks in it.
I haven't contacted him recently. I know he's active on IG and FB. Tried to catch him there? I recall he had one jrsc manifold available at least a month ago. That is the one downfall of a one man business. Can be hard to track down based on his/her priorities.

How's the car coming along otherwise?
Old 06-10-2019, 10:12 AM   #1192
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
I haven't contacted him recently. I know he's active on IG and FB. Tried to catch him there? I recall he had one jrsc manifold available at least a month ago. That is the one downfall of a one man business. Can be hard to track down based on his/her priorities.

FB, IG, or email. I don't think he is on here very much anymore.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 04:26 AM   #1193
Luna
Tuna Luna

Quote:

Yeah I tried Ig since I donít have fb.

The car is moving along, almost ready to spray the bay and then put everything back in. Iím pretty excited. Hopefully I can remember how everything goes back together haha :scared:

If you still have my number, shoot me a text. Posting pics here is a mission itself lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Yup, he actually replied back yesterday morning, few hours later if anything after my post that the best place to contact him is through email. So if anyone here told him about my post, thanks!

Iíll be contacting him to get things squared Away!
Old 06-11-2019, 06:00 AM   #1194
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I tried Ig since I don’t have fb.

The car is moving along, almost ready to spray the bay and then put everything back in. I’m pretty excited. Hopefully I can remember how everything goes back together haha :scared:

If you still have my number, shoot me a text. Posting pics here is a mission itself lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Yup, he actually replied back yesterday morning, few hours later if anything after my post that the best place to contact him is through email. So if anyone here told him about my post, thanks!

I’ll be contacting him to get things squared Away!
Nice! Glad to see you got him!
Old 06-11-2019, 10:06 AM   #1195
crackerjack
+ Displacement

crackerjack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Merc Racing

wow, Jose responded. He is usually very busy and I usually spoke with someone else
by email.

Anyways, Up here in Canada, I used to have two tune, one for winter and one for Summer.

I have since combine both tune to one. The trick was to make sure you do your air temperature calculation after you finished tuning and adjust accordingly to the temperature of the day.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #1196
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
wow, Jose responded. He is usually very busy and I usually spoke with someone else
by email.

Anyways, Up here in Canada, I used to have two tune, one for winter and one for Summer.

I have since combine both tune to one. The trick was to make sure you do your air temperature calculation after you finished tuning and adjust accordingly to the temperature of the day.
Good to know! Will update how it pans out for me. Tweaking now for the higher IAT and ECTs exhibited here in Central FL.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #1197
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Completely random... After almost 2 years of not using my remote, I finally changed the battery and it works! Passenger door actuator needs to be replaced, but driver side wasn't functioning properly, so I never bothered changing remote the battery.

Key FOB for the MDX went out so I decided to get new batteries for that and the RSX as well and boom, it worked. Little things sometimes make a big difference lol
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #1198
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more