Turbo *Chat* Crank the Boost & Turn'er Loose - Page 39 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Turbo RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-24-2019, 05:31 AM   #951
Jeff122886
Fully Boosted

Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore
Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore
Got the Viper tuned the other day, not bad for all N/A and we ran out of fuel from 5.2-6.2K so we werent able to touch any timing events at all. Need larger injectors and should be over 600
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynochart.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	879.5 KB
ID:	549513  
ABP Crew Member #30 636whp, 502trq on C16
Boost Slut Krew Member #7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My 04 PPG & Turbocharged ABP RSX-S
My Twinscroll Full Race 8374 EFR Build Thread
Jeff122886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2019, 06:47 AM   #952
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Thats a nice smooth curve you got there. Unfortunately since you are NA you are no longer welcome round these parts lol.

Last edited by Turpid Porpoise; 05-24-2019 at 09:17 AM..
Turpid Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 09:53 AM   #953
Jeff122886
Fully Boosted

Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore
Jeff122886 Golden Rep Whore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
Thats a nice smooth curve you got there. Unfortunately since you are NA you are no longer welcome round these parts lol.
i see the you did
ABP Crew Member #30 636whp, 502trq on C16
Boost Slut Krew Member #7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
My 04 PPG & Turbocharged ABP RSX-S
My Twinscroll Full Race 8374 EFR Build Thread
Jeff122886 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #954
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
Quote:
After all that talk about an NSX you are considering a CTR?

Also, "Good BYE RSX World" lol

CTR Fits two kid seats. . .
But they literally sold it the morning I was going over there.

So I think I'll just stick with the Durango RT.
Adulting at its best.
Hauls my kids and Dogs
Old 05-27-2019, 10:57 AM   #955
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with
kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Getting there....took it out on the road the other day! Everything ran great! No real bugs. Got to clean up vtec crossover and a/f, but for first time on the road in 7-8 months...not bad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190524_144901.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	549567  
Old 05-31-2019, 06:12 AM   #956
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by kracker View Post
Getting there....took it out on the road the other day! Everything ran great! No real bugs. Got to clean up vtec crossover and a/f, but for first time on the road in 7-8 months...not bad.
Thats awesome man, those coils look great. I finally got the basemap for my subie so I’ll be testing this weekend in prep for my dyno next week
Old 06-01-2019, 08:32 AM   #957
b005t3drsx
S372

b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Quote:
Hey its looking good. Do you still do transmission work? I need to get mine rebuilt and don't really care to tackle it. You interested?

Also what did you use to paint your brake stuff with? I'm looking to do mine.
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,"Wow ---- What a ride!!!"--
b005t3drsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #958
kracker
Still tuning....

kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with kracker is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by b005t3drsx View Post
Hey its looking good. Do you still do transmission work? I need to get mine rebuilt and don't really care to tackle it. You interested?

Also what did you use to paint your brake stuff with? I'm looking to do mine.
Wtf u up to?

Lil bit of transmission work still, been implementing some projects across the southeast as of late, lol. Let me know what you needing done though...

I used por-15 brake paint. Pulled em off, prepped, sanded, and primered. Then painted. Used a hobby sprayer to coat instead of brush, a lot smoother finish.
Old 06-01-2019, 03:19 PM   #959
b005t3drsx
S372

b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx b005t3drsx is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Quote:
Wtf u up to?

Lil bit of transmission work still, been implementing some projects across the southeast as of late, lol. Let me know what you needing done though...

I used por-15 brake paint. Pulled em off, prepped, sanded, and primered. Then painted. Used a hobby sprayer to coat instead of brush, a lot smoother finish.
lol just trying to get my shit done. Left my old job after 7 years and started a new one for a company in Utah but I work remotely for. I'm loving it but it's keeping me busy.

Hit me up sometime we can catch up. Stop by the house and I can show you what's going on lol.
--Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely, in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming,"Wow ---- What a ride!!!"--
Old 06-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #960
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by b005t3drsx View Post
lol just trying to get my shit done. Left my old job after 7 years and started a new one for a company in Utah but I work remotely for. I'm loving it but it's keeping me busy.

Hit me up sometime we can catch up. Stop by the house and I can show you what's going on lol.
Same here. My plant shut down, so I'm working in Anderson, bit some remote work in AL. Busy as ever. Lol

I'll swing by one day with the car and catch up...check your shit out.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #961
b005t3drsx
S372

Quote:
Same here. My plant shut down, so I'm working in Anderson, bit some remote work in AL. Busy as ever. Lol

I'll swing by one day with the car and catch up...check your shit out.
Damn that sucks to hear. I'm glad you found some work to keep you busy. Swing by anytime.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:48 PM   #962
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Well I dropped the subie off for a “pre dyno inspection” today along with an alignment and AC recharge. Itll be put on the dyno between Wed-Fri of next week and I can’t f’ing wait
Old 06-10-2019, 10:09 AM   #963
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Fucking low compression in 2 cylinders on the subie during the pre dyno inspection. I just can't catch a break with that pile of shit.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:11 AM   #964
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Fucking low compression in 2 cylinders on the subie during the pre dyno inspection. I just can't catch a break with that pile of shit.
Subie gonna subie.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #965
02s2knick
Master Member

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
With your new engine?
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #966
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
Fuuuuuuu....random questions. What your piston to wall clearance? They gap rings n all that shit for ya at the builder? Sleeved?
Old 06-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #967
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
With your new engine?
Yup.

Quote:
Fuuuuuuu....random questions. What your piston to wall clearance? They gap rings n all that shit for ya at the builder? Sleeved?
Not positive but I'll ask the next time I talk to them. It was all built and assembled by IAG Performance in MD who are at the top of the Subaru food chain. No sleeves, brand new OEM case halves.

Cliff notes of what has happened:

Summer 2018 - Spun rod bearing on 72K mile OEM longblock on the dyno
2 Months Later - IAG Stage 2 shortblock installed, heads completely machined and reconditioned
November 2018 - Made 409whp at IAG but had valve float so drove straight home and pulled motor back out. GSC Springs, GSC +1mm valves, guides, seals, valve job, vapor hone, resurface, TIC Adjustable idler pulleys, ATI balancer installed and long block reassembled by IAG.
May 2019 - Work completed by IAG and motor picked up and I installed it.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #968
02s2knick
Master Member

02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02s2knick is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

Quote:
Not positive but I'll ask the next time I talk to them. It was all built and assembled by IAG Performance in MD who are at the top of the Subaru food chain. No sleeves, brand new OEM case halves.

2 Months Later - IAG Stage 2 shortblock installed, heads completely machined and reconditioned
November 2018 - Made 409whp at IAG but had valve float so drove straight home and pulled motor back out. GSC Springs, GSC +1mm valves, guides, seals, valve job, vapor hone, resurface, TIC Adjustable idler pulleys, ATI balancer installed and long block reassembled by IAG.
Makes me want to never own a Subaru even more. Always seemed like it was difficult to make that engine reliable.
99 Camry - (totaled) plate&6 screws in my forearm
02Rsx-s -- sold!
02 S2k-- sold
02s2knick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:00 PM   #969
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02s2knick View Post
Makes me want to never own a Subaru even more. Always seemed like it was difficult to make that engine reliable.
It's no Honda but what I'm going through is well beyond the typical experience. Usually guys spin a rod bearing or crack a ringland, replace the short block and have years of fun. My car has bad juju that needs to be cleansed. The most frustrating part is that when it was running it is an absolute blast on the track and I was finishing at the top of my class every event.

Last edited by Turpid Porpoise; 06-10-2019 at 02:03 PM..
Turpid Porpoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #970
kracker
Still tuning....

Quote:
Yup.

Jew break it in like a man or do the 3 oil changes every 100 miles? This last motor I just built I broke it in like it owed me money. Started up and idled up to temp, then took it on the road and was at a few pounds boost with less than 10 miles on it. Honestly, I think that's the way to go. Did conventional oil for first few changes
Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 AM   #971
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
Jew break it in like a man or do the 3 oil changes every 100 miles? This last motor I just built I broke it in like it owed me money. Started up and idled up to temp, then took it on the road and was at a few pounds boost with less than 10 miles on it. Honestly, I think that's the way to go. Did conventional oil for first few changes
IAG gave me very detailed break in instructions to ensure that it would be covered under their warranty. It uses Motul 10w-40 break in oil changed at 50, 250, 500, 1000 and 2000 miles before I switch to a standard synthetic oil. The funny thing is that the compression test was perfect when they did it prior to the dyno that showed I had valve float. I'm seriously wondering if what they thought was valve float on the dyno was actually my engine losing compression. The only difference between then and now is the built valvetrain and cleaned up heads.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:25 AM   #972
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
My last motor had almost 20lbs of boost shoved down its throat within 10 miles as well.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 AM   #973
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Thats how I broke in my forged LS2 but I followed their procedure for the Subie for this exact reason
Old Today, 08:59 AM   #974
DC5nv
sapnu puas

DC5nv gets around and is known
DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known DC5nv gets around and is known
DC5nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:52 AM   #975
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam