Alexís 05 VBP - Page 11 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-26-2019, 10:57 PM   #251
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This is the last you will see of this crx as itís time to let her go. I paid off my Honda Accord to finish the Loan early, paid off my credit cards, and have been focusing on getting my credit in line. In turn I still have my paintball gear and AC machine to pay off (3k by November or I get a heavy penalty cuz I used a same as cash option on PayPal credit, bastards!) so here it is it was fun, but have buyers lined up to come buy it ! Anyways I will be able to get back to my RSX damn Hardrace bushings have been on order since March. I really donít want to do anything until there in , as I will change almost all the suspension components once they arrive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2019, 11:45 AM   #252
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
that was a clean CRX!
congrats on paying off the debt
Old 06-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #253
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
that was a clean CRX!
congrats on paying off the debt

Thanks!! If Iím lucky maybe no one will buy it I really thought about selling the RSX to make this my real project car. I have never done an engine swap, and this seems like it would have been the most fun car to do it. After all I have the space and equipment , just not the funds

Old 06-28-2019, 12:19 AM   #254
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Car turned out very nice! Where do you have it listed?
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 12:48 AM   #255
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by troye View Post
Car turned out very nice! Where do you have it listed?

Offerup and craigslist

Old 09-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #256
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

So itís been over 5 months since I ordered the Hardrace LCA bushings. They finally arrived. Go the buddy club extended RCA ball joints , hard race LCA bushings, Reverse tie rod ends, and hotchkis front sway bar links installed. Lowered front about another inch , donít want to worry too much about bumps and dips cuz they are crazy over here. Alignment in a week or so. Will report back on how the change feels.

Old 09-04-2019, 02:49 PM   #257
jaymesbry

jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post

So itís been over 5 months since I ordered the Hardrace LCA bushings. They finally arrived. Go the buddy club extended RCA ball joints , hard race LCA bushings, Reverse tie rod ends, and hotchkis front sway bar links installed. Lowered front about another inch , donít want to worry too much about bumps and dips cuz they are crazy over here. Alignment in a week or so. Will report back on how the change feels.

Nice! Yea I was thinking of replacing most the bushings.. I was wondering if i was going to try it on my own or just pay y'all.. hahha
jaymesbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #258
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Just cruise to the shop and do the work yourself and you can use the 20 ton press. Bring beer and ......

Old 09-09-2019, 03:40 PM   #259
jaymesbry

jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaymesbry is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Just cruise to the shop and do the work yourself and you can use the 20 ton press. Bring beer and ......

hahah i dunno i got traumatized on bushing after it took all day to do my friends 350z last month.

But we'll see. Soon enough.. hahha and you know me ill bring the goodies when i drop by.

Hopefully we can all have a little meet one of these days. need more motivation to fix my car. hah
jaymesbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #260
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

I had to have my buddy take my control arms to his shop and torch them out with a big shop torch. The angle at which it need to be pressed out canít be done with a 20ton for one side of it. I would do the same if I were you. Other than that the rest of it went pretty easy

Old 09-09-2019, 05:15 PM   #261
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I took a sawzall and made a slot in the bushing so it pushed put pretty easy. A press works, but it takes so long and frustration to line it all up. The cut method with a hammer and socket knocked it right out.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:31 PM   #262
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko16 View Post
I took a sawzall and made a slot in the bushing so it pushed put pretty easy. A press works, but it takes so long and frustration to line it all up. The cut method with a hammer and socket knocked it right out.

I have specialized rings meant for pressing out different diameter bushings and stuff from years of saving parts to efficiently use a shop press. But uhh, yeah shop torch is end all beat all. We have a guy whoís so skilled with a torch he can literally adjust the torch to hit exactly what he needs to and smack it off

Old 09-10-2019, 08:07 PM   #263
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
I have specialized rings meant for pressing out different diameter bushings and stuff from years of saving parts to efficiently use a shop press. But uhh, yeah shop torch is end all beat all. We have a guy whoís so skilled with a torch he can literally adjust the torch to hit exactly what he needs to and smack it off

No skill here, I just got it so the rubber melted out of the center so I could get the saw in.
Old 09-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #264
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

*Update* suspension is night and day difference!! Final alignment was done and it is sweeeeet !! All the suspension work definitely was worth it. If you get coilovers, definitely replace any worn suspension components to get the maximum benefit. I have no bump steer, I had no sloppiness , everything is nice and tight , cornering feels good. I got the ride height dropped down too right before the alignment Iíll post a pic tomorrow!!

Old 09-14-2019, 01:09 AM   #265
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

I had the bro truck stance going for too long ( my front end was way higher than rear)
This is as low as I would like to be(thank god) I hit this disgusting pothole in a busted ass parking lot that would have destroyed me if I was any lower. I wonít be touching my suspension for a long time. Time to install my minty steering wheel I picked up however I do believe some 10mm wheel spacers are in order