Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection

84K views 1K replies 52 participants last post by  nats007 
#1 ·
New chat gents... Post up!

Leaving BWI to MCO :weeeeeeeeee:

#1,079 ·
Nice! I'm glad we don't have emissions in FL. Can't imagine having to uninstall/reinstall the race header every year as I heard some folks have to deal with the catalytic converter requirement.

#1,081 ·
finally getting tuned for meth after owning AIS/prometh kit for over 3 years LOL. Derek@IMW has done a great job with the car so far. loving these IATs now
Aww yeah! Post up the results... Interested to see how it turns out. What's your IATs looking like pre & post meth injection? Also what's your AIS setup?

I just made another batch of DIY boost juice using HEET + Distilled water.

#1,088 ·
Last weekend I drove the RSX to a local car meet. I’m a car enthusiast but I hate to say for the first time after looking at a dozen late 60s - early 80s muscle cars I started to get bored - “been there, done that”. So I popped the hood on the RSX to show off the engine mods and also demonstrated on the laptop the programming capabilities of the ECU. I think a few onlookers were dazzled by the potential hp that a well built 4 cylinder engine can generate with today's technology. Hopefully few of them will want to crossover to the tuner side.

#1,089 ·
That's awesome! Never thought about bringing a laptop to a car meet before... I agree, it's been years since I've done one and it's the same old scene. At the last one, I actually had my kid's car seats in and people were shocked the RSX had the latch mounts in the rear hatch.

I want to get back into autox.... Temps are my biggest enemy, so I'll probably only run in fall/winter time.

#1,095 · (Edited)
40F this morning in SC, heading to the track in a few hours http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/transport017.gif
Aww yeah! How was it bro?

got a question.
Are tensioner brackets from merc racing the same for both JRSC and CTSC? Can I use Merc Racing bracket for CTSC on a JRSC unit?
For the tensioner bracket, I'm 90% sure they should be interchangeable. Best to get confirmation from Jmercado prior too as recommended in post above.

#1,094 · (Edited)
Not sure on the bracket, if he has a designation between the two probably best to ask him directly, don't see why they wouldn't be the same really though... If you get his adjustable tensioner system, then yes that will work on either.

#1,099 ·
CMC and radiator

Well, after 334000 KM, the CMC finally died, 2 of the 3 bolts that hold the
triangular plate broke and fluid leaked out.
Luckily, i have a 05 civic CMC on standby. slight mod to the exit nut that screws the
hard line into and it worked.

The week before that, the cooling fan/Denso unit came off the center metal piece and
punch a hole in the rad. Had to limp home and ordered a replacement. Rad also have
the same millage as above. if I would have detected the fan earlier, my OE denso
rad can probably go another 300000 KM. LOL

#1,101 ·
Well, after 334000 KM, the CMC finally died, 2 of the 3 bolts that hold the
triangular plate broke and fluid leaked out.
Luckily, i have a 05 civic CMC on standby. slight mod to the exit nut that screws the
hard line into and it worked.

The week before that, the cooling fan/Denso unit came off the center metal piece and
punch a hole in the rad. Had to limp home and ordered a replacement. Rad also have
the same millage as above. if I would have detected the fan earlier, my OE denso
rad can probably go another 300000 KM. LOL
Original OEM? That's impressive. I've replaced my CMC and CSC about 6-7 years ago now (~130,000 miles). Also replaced my OEM radiator a few years back with a mishimoto.

You got some miles on your car! How's the blower holding up? I need to service mine in the very near future.

#1,103 ·
Yeah, both are original as in when the car rolled out of Acura.

Blower is chumming along. I changed out blower oil at around 200000KM with GM supercharger oil.

car currently have 334000 km for body and engine at 85000km. I do a lot preventive maintenance with the car like new grease for the rear wheel bearing, hall effect TPS, E-brake cable boot maintenance...etc

I am in the process of putting parts together for a Twin charge setup slowly.
:fistbump:

#1,104 · (Edited)
Yeah, both are original as in when the car rolled out of Acura.

Blower is chumming along. I changed out blower oil at around 200000KM with GM supercharger oil.

car currently have 334000 km for body and engine at 85000km. I do a lot preventive maintenance with the car like new grease for the rear wheel bearing, hall effect TPS, E-brake cable boot maintenance...etc

I am in the process of putting parts together for a Twin charge setup slowly.

Original OEM? That's impressive. I've replaced my CMC and CSC about 6-7 years ago now (~130,000 miles). Also replaced my OEM radiator a few years back with a mishimoto.

You got some miles on your car! How's the blower holding up? I need to service mine in the very near future.
Nice! Only a oil change to the blower. As I got my JRSC used in 2011, I'm not sure how many miles was on it before. I was told 20,000 miles. I've since put about about another 30-40,000 miles on it. I was thinking to do a rebuild for safety measures with new bearings, seals, and oil change. Nothing fancy, just the essentials.

My RSX needs some TLC. Engine is in great shape, but rest of the body and suspension needs attention.

Also, twin charge would be great!!! Going 1320, 1900, or bigger????

#1,109 ·
hey guys, i recently acquired a ct engineering supercharger kit for my rsx. I am missing some important pieces such as the alternator relocation bracket as well as the manifold support bracket for the blower. Does anyone have any ideas how i can get a hold of these things, or if anyone currently running the kit get those cnc fabricated, i would compensate. thank you

#1,114 ·
Happy New year Gents....

Quick question... background first. The past 2 times I drove the RSX, I've had a few brief issues where I could not get into 1st gear. Today, I was stopped and the car would not go into gear. I tried 1st a couple times, and then reverse. The car grinded to get into reverse. It finally went into reverse and then I attempted 1st, no go, tried 2nd and it hesitated, but finally went it. I then tried to shift into first, and when it went into 1st, the car stalled. The whole time, I had the clutch was pressed fully to the floor.

I turned the car completely off, car back in neutral and restarted the car. Attempted 1st gear again and car stalled, but I slipped into neutral before it cut off. I was able to shift into 2nd gear to move off. I ended up driving using home 2nd (to move from stop lights) thru 6th gears. After 15 mins, I was able to use 1st gear again, and car shifted fine.

So, to the question. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm thinking my CMC and CSC may be failing. I installed a new Exedy stage 1 organic clutch with my k24 swap and my previous CC stage 1.5 clutch had plenty of life left. The CMC does not show any leaks, and I didn't see any by the CSC. Will inspect both today. I'm hoping the clutch hasn't failed...

#1,116 ·
No dragging on the clutch. Issue is sporadic at best. Car was fully warmed up when it happened both times. I think the CSC is showing signs of failing after discussing the issue with my pops. I moved the car today and it shifted with zero issues into all gears.

#1,117 ·
So, took the RSX to work today. As I was driving home, lost pressure in the clutch and couldn't go into gear. I pumped the clutch pedal to rebuild pressure. This tells me CMC is failing. Currently running OEM (second one after 1st one failed), but recall I should get the 01-04 Civic CMC as it was a better design. Been a while and need to do some homework.

#1,118 ·
So, took the RSX to work today. As I was driving home, lost pressure in the clutch and couldn't go into gear. I pumped the clutch pedal to rebuild pressure. This tells me CMC is failing. Currently running OEM (second one after 1st one failed), but recall I should get the 01-04 Civic CMC as it was a better design. Been a while and need to do some homework.
I was just about to suggest this. Sounds like they are both on their way out

#1,122 ·
Toying with the idea of reinstalling the rear seat, rear sub speaker, spare tire, and jack/tool pack - just to make the car whole again.

Spare tire/wheel (28.6 lbs)
Stock jack (2.8 lbs)
Stock rear sub speaker (6.8 lbs)
Plastic interior trim on deck-lid (4.3 lbs)
Type S rear seat (28.0 lbs)
Total weight gain 70.5 lbs

I’ll will gain just under a 10th of a second in a quarter mile but the old RSX-S running on E85 will still outperform many of the newer hot hatches.

#1,128 ·
Forreal, it's been quiet. RSX has been parked primarily until I can change the CMC, so I just been driving the beater. MDX died on me this weekend while I was out of town. Had to replace battery and alternator to get back home with a 4 hour drive. Still have some kinks to work out before I head out of the country on Wednesday.

#1,129 ·
Having the standard cold weather in the Chicago area but my RSX-S is tucked away in a nice heated building. This weekend I went to the Chicago Auto Show to keep up to date with the latest and greatest. Displayed in the Acura section was the latest NSX with an original one parked next to it. They also had a Civic-R that you could sit in. You know when Honda let loose their engineers to do their thing they can design a pretty good drivers car - NSX, S2K, RSX-S/Integra-R, Civic-R

#1,132 ·
Saw both the new NSX and CTR back in Oct 2018. Love both, but doubt I'd own the CTR. Loved sitting in it though.

Outside of my RSX, I'm leaning to the G70 for my next car in a few years. I'll keep the RSX for sure and get rid of the Mazda3. With that, just ordered a new CMC to replace next weekend. Also, plan to due an oil change, clutch fluid change as well. Found a shop they will rebuild my blower if I source the parts, so starting to research that for a summer project. Any recommendations?

Thinking I read oil change, new bearings, and couplers... I haven't opened and I had it since 2012 and I probably have about 40-50k on it with no service done.

#1,130 ·
Curious if anyone has had success adding a ep3 JRSC to a k20a2? I only ask cause I want to get rid of the k20a3 lump I've had in it and swap it with either a k20a or k20a2 w/6 speed trans. Thinking of adding the jmercado manifold that would allow for some aftercooling as well.

#1,134 · (Edited)
Yes, would love the 3.3T, but I want a 6MT, so will opt for the 2.0T 6MT instead. Love manuals and plan on keeping this tradition alive lol. Wish the 3.3T G70 came with a MT option, but understand why it doesn't.

A turbo upgrade would be nice on the MK7. I really like the Golf R, but I don't have much experience with VW.

#1,141 ·
That's true! Got it all done. New EM1 CMC is in, bled, and fresh oil change and oil filter. Took longer than expected, but satisfied I can take my RSX out again.

Perfect timing cause the beater needs an oil change and in desperate need of new tires.