Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Considering going from DC5 to S2k....

Tags
dc5 s2k
11K views 139 replies 37 participants last post by  Snitches 
#1 ·
I've been doing my research on doing the switch from RSX Type S to S2000, and I think I'm almost there.
I have a couple questions for you all, hopefully you can help me out with.

1. To anyone who went from RSX ----> S2k.... opinions? comments? regrets?

2. Is there a complete list of all the differences between AP1 and AP2? I know a few things from reading here and on s2ki, but I know there are more differences..

3. Are the headlights and tailights all interchangable throughout the model years?

Also, I've found 2 different s2k's that seem like good deals.
I'm mainly looking to get out of my DC5 and into the s2k for as little money as possible, so it looks like AP1 will probably be my best bet.

1- 2001 Red w/ 40k miles, ~$15,500 w/ my trade

2- 2003 Black w/ 55k miles, ~$17k w/ my trade

I havent started negotiating yet, so I could probably get the prices down a little bit. Do these seem like theyre in the right ballpark? Or should I keep looking?

See less See more
#121 ·
^ yes 03 and up s2k's have the tan interior option, IIRC... It may have been offered for the 2002 MY, but I'm not certain? I've seen custom tan interiors in Berlina Black and New Formula Red s2k's before, which look STUNNING by the way, but nothing from the factory other than Grand Prix White, well for the US market anyways...

#133 ·
I've been restraining myself, but believe it or not, my girlfriend is actually pushing me to get an s2000 so that we can have something fun to cruise around in when I accompany her on business trips as I sometimes do. She's a big Honda fan so I get mean looks when I suggest any other sports car... I love this girl, haha.

Anyways, she's getting a new Civic in a few months and has offered to let me use her '96 civic coupe while I sell the RSX and look for a good s2000. As much as I love the RSX, I think I'd be a dolt not to go for this.

I'm trying to decide if I should revert back to stock before putting the car up for sale or if I should leave everything and offer to revert/include the original parts. Maybe I should just revert the i/h & K-pro but leave the stereo system w/ stealth install subs?

#137 ·
My s/o and I test drove a few cars this weekend.

'08 and '09 Civic Si- The shifter/clutch was simply amazing. I had way more fun driving this car than I expected I would. I seriously hope she picks this to replace her '96 Civic.

07(?) Civic Hybrid - I knew about the CVT before we got in but it was still very odd not to feel the normal lurches and shifts of a conventional transmission. Not really interested but we thought we'd try it out.

'03 350Z - This one was an automatic- bummer. It wore its weight well around the turns but what I didn't like was that while it would go fast, the only way I could tell was by the speedometer. It just didn't give me the sensation of speed- maybe because being in the cabin felt like being in a submarine. Don't get me wrong, I still walked away thinking it was a very nice car.

'06 S2000 - Getting into this car again was a very bad idea- now I'm just getting more impatient about selling my car and switching over. Being in a number of different cars on the same day really reinforced how much I enjoy everything about the interior and the energetic communication from the engine when getting into the upper rpms.

The switch is still a couple of months out though :( . Next weekend we're going out for another batch of test drives. I'm hoping to find an ap1 to try since I will likely end up in one of those due to them being a bit cheaper than the ap2s.

#138 ·
There should be nothing to ever consider. S2000 10000%. Once i test drove it there was no way I could ever go back to my big winged wrong wheel drive RSX type S. Even though I loved it...The S2K stock handled better than my track prepared RSX and my 350z and my buddies E36 M3 and better than my DA integra and DC2 integra and my buddies Subaru WRX wagon....

#139 ·
It is a great car, especially through the twists. While straight line performance is lacking, that isn't what this was built for. It is really an engineering marvel in terms of what the objective was and how they met it.

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.