Mugen High Performance Airbox Review - Page 19 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > JDM Only RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #451
eskribble
Cole me on the panny sty.

eskribble is on a distinguished road eskribble is on a distinguished road
Mine touches. doesn't bother me. It did leave a smudge mark on the intake which isn't a big deal to me. I wouldn't take off the hood liner for an intake IMO.
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #452
Bullit
:lurk:

Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bullit is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytefury View Post
Hey guys, I apologize to post on just an old post, but can't seem to find the answer to my question anywhere so I figured this would be the best thread to post on.

I just installed my Mugen Intake today and I absolutely love it. I just have a quick question for you all. When I close the hood the top right corner of my Mugen box just barely touches the hood insolation liner. Has anyone else noticed this? I am planning on probably just removing the liner tomorrow because I don't want it to damage the box, or just cut part of it so that it doesn't rub.

Anyway, I just wanted to run this by you guys before I made my decision. Let me know! I assume the hood liner really doesn't matter too much anyway...
Yeah same here, I just let it rub. It's not really hurting anything. The box might get some marks on it, but it won't do any damage to it.

'05 NBP Base Auto
, She may not be Fast or Furious, but she sure is sexy... GIGGITY GIGGITY GOO
'92 Toyota Hilux 191k miles and back for more, built like a f*ckin' tank
'12 Nissan 370Z, Here we go again
Bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #453
wytefury

wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx wytefury is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I appreciate the responses. I was just curious about how everyone felt about the scratches and stuff. I'm not a fan of scratching such an expensive piece but, the top of my box is scuffed in one little corner now anyway from just having it there for like 2 days so at this point I am just going to leave the insulator.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #454
mischiefalex

mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mischiefalex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i never really noticed any rubbing when my box was installed that's strange..
mischiefalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #455
dc5luis
Master N00b Member

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Anybody have a problem with the intake hitting the brake booster?
dc5luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #456
SSSlim

SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SSSlim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You've probably got the RHD box. No issues fitting my airbox
SSSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:00 AM   #457
dc5luis
Master N00b Member

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Little snug but got it fitting good. Love it!
Old 04-13-2016, 12:49 PM   #458
firemang
Orange Member

firemang is a name not to mess with
firemang is a name not to mess with firemang is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5luis View Post
Anybody have a problem with the intake hitting the brake booster?
Mines fits just fine.
firemang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:49 AM   #459
athfdrizzle

athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
bump thread.

does anyone have a box they are willing to sell?
athfdrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #460
InZain08

InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx InZain08 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
^^in for used box as well.
InZain08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:50 PM   #461
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Has anyone had problems with theirs rubbing against the brake master cylinder reservoir? I had to shave the outer layer off that corner of the top half of the box, and elongate the holes in the mounts to slide the whole thing forward to actually be able to screw the top down. I'm still getting a vibration in my pedals. Contemplating shaving that lip off the reservoir where it touches, but im not sure if thats solid all the way in.

It's in an auto, btw. I could very well be imagining things because "hey, shiny new part," but it does feel less pathetic below 4k .

Last edited by CyborgGT; 08-17-2017 at 09:55 PM..
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:33 PM   #462
dc5luis
Master N00b Member

Garage
Yeah I had the same problem when I had mine. It was rubbing against the booster and than vibrate heavily.

I didn't tighten it down using the OEM mounting points like the stock airbox. I left it unscrewed and just use a shorter hose to connect to the valve cover. Tighten that one and it helped pull it away from the booster. It was no longer was touching the booster.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #463
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
It just wasn't happening, so I put the stock box back in. I'm thinking mine is the wrong box, somehow. Are there two different versions for the ITR or is mine maybe for a Civic? It would fit just fine in a RHD DC5, I'm sure of it, but look at the outer shape of mine:

And compare it to InZain08's:

His doesn't have the same top-right corner where mine is hitting the bmc.

Last edited by CyborgGT; 09-01-2017 at 09:17 PM..
CyborgGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:44 PM   #464
dc5luis
Master N00b Member

Garage
There's actually like 2-3 models of the intake. The very first one I purchased from King back in '08 was specifically made for the RSX. Than there's the Type R and EP3 ones.

InZain08's is most likely the EP3 one as it has the shorter corner since the engine bay are smaller in the Civics.

Type R's are bigger cause it has more room with the CMC and BMC on the LHD side.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:55 PM   #465
athfdrizzle

athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx athfdrizzle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
There's actually like 2-3 models of the intake. The very first one I purchased from King back in '08 was specifically made for the RSX. Than there's the Type R and EP3 ones.

InZain08's is most likely the EP3 one as it has the shorter corner since the engine bay are smaller in the Civics.

Type R's are bigger cause it has more room with the CMC and BMC on the LHD side.
I believe that person has the EP3/Type R one. Only difference for those vehicles I think is the snorkel. It is definitely bigger, the most current one available has the cutout corner.

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...nd-mini-review
athfdrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:45 PM   #466
Sadukar09

Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Well, I'm about a month away from a Type R one being shipped to me, so I'll report back with what's up.
Sadukar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 01:26 AM   #467
CyborgGT
Master Member

The one with or without the corner? My bigger box came with instructions for the ITR.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:31 PM   #468
Sadukar09

Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

Without the corner.

Last edited by Sadukar09; 01-17-2018 at 01:42 PM..
Old 01-17-2018, 03:15 PM   #469
CyborgGT
Master Member

Lucky. I've still got to get around to cutting and re-fiberglassing mine to fit. Brand new, though? Where'd you source it?
Old 01-17-2018, 03:29 PM   #470
Sadukar09

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyborgGT View Post
Lucky. I've still got to get around to cutting and re-fiberglassing mine to fit. Brand new, though? Where'd you source it?
They still make them brand new in Japan.

Your box would probably fit my car.

Integra Type R has the fluid reservoir on the other side.

I think box with the corner cut is made for the RSX, and eventually Mugen didn't bother making two types of boxes anymore since this fits my car anyway.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:02 PM   #471
Sadukar09

Quote:

So after all these years, I finally found why.

There are two models of the airbox for the DC5.
17200-XK5-K0S0
17200-XK5-K0S0-B2

Any of the ones that "don't fit" and are more square are the first part number, designed for the DC5 ITR 01-04. It will fit 04-06 refresh, but will not fit LHD models without trimming.

When the refresh came out, Mugen shaved off the corner for LHD cars, and called it the B2.
Both were sold for a short time before the first part number was discontinued.

B2 will fit on all cars, LHD or RHD.
Old 02-25-2019, 06:53 PM   #472
freddyrsx

freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Unhappy help me pleasee!!!

Hello JayDM-'06 I have problems with the brake reserve bottle, the top cover of the CAI hits it, you had this problem?:choca los puños:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cai 3.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	548555   Click image for larger version

Name:	cai 1.jpeg
Views:	26
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	548557  
freddyrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 06:55 PM   #473
freddyrsx

freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx freddyrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hello JayDM-'06 I have problems with the brake reserve bottle, the top cover of the CAI hits it, you had this problem?

https://mega.nz/#!N8JBhIYa

https://mega.nz/#!VoRDXaZT
Old 02-26-2019, 01:30 PM   #474
freddyrsx

hi mennn!!!

Did you have problems with the brake fluid reserve tank?
the top cover of my CAI hits the tank ....

https://mega.nz/#!VoRDXaZT