RSX fog lights with Led bulbs - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Lighting RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-12-2019, 10:43 PM   #1
Axix23
:)

Axix23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Lightbulb RSX fog lights with Led bulbs

After like 13 years of having 35w Retro-Solution brand HID's in my fogs, I got tired of them flickering at times and especially the passenger side not firing up at times. Another thing is if you forget to turn your fogs off, when you press to lock your car and unlock them, the fogs will come on and kill your HID ballasts.

I believe the issue is there isn't enough juice going to the ballasts with my stock fog light wiring. The fog lights also don't turn on unless the car is started.

I finally swapped them out to some GP Thunder Leds. I had some good experience with these Leds in different fog lights. They aren't as blue I thought they would be. I wish they were more of the 4300k look as I hate the 6k look. I guess I am just old school.

As of now, I am still using 4300k HID's for my lowbeams as I still have yet to see aftermarket Leds in headlights that shine out worth a damn. Same set of HIDs in my lowbeams since 2005. lol

I will have some output photos soon.

Yanked the HID's out.

FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....

Last edited by Axix23; 01-12-2019 at 10:47 PM..
Axix23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I run LED fogs as well. The lack of a ballast is so much easier.
Cons: Your car can blow up

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
Cons: Your car can blow up
"Beating a Dead Horse Crew " Member #1
G3min1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #3
rizz
Master Member

rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rizz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
op do you use retro-solutions hid for your headlights?....14 years problem free is a must buy....
also where did you get you led fog bulbs?.....
rizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #4
Axix23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizz View Post
op do you use retro-solutions hid for your headlights?....14 years problem free is a must buy....
also where did you get you led fog bulbs?.....
Yes, I am running Digital Brand HID ballasts/bulbs from retro-solution on all of my vehicles. I run the Night Vision brand on all my foglights. Or used to on the RSX. As far as the led bulbs, I am running these: http://www.gp-thunder.net/index.php/

retro-solutions also has some very similar high quality leds that I am running in my Toyota's DRL/highbeams.
FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....
Old 01-20-2019, 09:24 AM   #5
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
try hikaris ultra LED bulbs. They have been my go to for low beam and they are bright as fuck. HIDs feel out dated to me and had too much issues with HIDS. Went with LEDs and never went back
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #6
Axix23

I never had issues with my HIDs in my lowbeams since 2005 of owning the RSX. And from the reviews of https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/hikari-led.541258. Those LEDs are no better than most aftermarket LEDs out there. They look bright but donít throw much light output distance vs HIDS. Maybe oneday they will but not right now.

The main reason that I was having issues with my fog light HIDS was bc I wasnít getting enough current from my crappy eBay fog light harness. And also when you hit the unlock door button on your remote, you can now leave your fogs on bc they come on instantly and not have to worry about killing your HID ballasts.