Front knuckle question - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-14-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
avinad
Master Member

avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx avinad is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Front knuckle question

Hey whatís up.

Long story short sold my old car with itr brembo setup all around. Bought the car back with oem knuckles and lca.

My question is...Is there anyway to tell if I have 02-04 or 05-06 knuckles. I need to replace a wheel bearing but Iím gonna replace the ball joints and control arms with itr arms.

So I just want to be sure before I start ordering parts. I only found a few letters and numbers on the knuckle itself but nothing like a part number.

Thanks
avinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2019, 11:11 PM   #2
Salaswas

Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Salaswas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Shows the same part number for 2004 and 2005

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...ke-type-s-scat

https://www.acuraoemparts.com/auto-p...ke-type-s-scat
Broke college kid #132
Salaswas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:04 PM   #3
chunktwo
i eat f00d

chunktwo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
if i recall - you can look at the front LCA and balljoints..

the 05-06 type-S had "larger" taper on the balljoints compared to the 02-04.

there is a bit of a discussion in this thread:
https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=696702

you may be able to find more with a more detailed search.
chunktwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2019, 10:15 AM   #4
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I believe the only difference is the base and Type S. Other than that any year will be ok
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:35 AM   #5
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrooster808 View Post
I believe the only difference is the base and Type S. Other than that any year will be ok
05-06 Type S has larger ball joints. There's multiple threads on here stating this.
mfarmakas17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:46 PM   #6
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
05-06 Type S has larger ball joints. There's multiple threads on here stating this.
Ok boss
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote