Oh my lord - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #26
CrispiRSX

CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
http://i64.tinypic.com/241qqgj.png

Guys I just found this after some more inspection.

Could this be the catalyst? That's a pretty huge vaccuum leak.

It is the Crank Case Breather Hose D:
CrispiRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2019, 05:32 PM   #27
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That pic is up on your valve cover so not the same issue as that vents pressure. The idle is a sign of intake leak. But the big issue to me is if the short harmed your ECM.

As for the mechanic, it's easy to test an alternator. You just check the voltage, and mechanics are notorious for screwing people over.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:39 PM   #28
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispiRSX View Post
I made the mistake of running a defouler, thinking that it was what I needed, somehow the defouler got bumped and then cause it to do a 180 and the wires unded up sizzling on the heatshield and shorting out. That was completely my own fault.

What you're saying is that he mis-diagnosed my alternator? I don't want to stand up for someone who might be screwing me by anymeans.. I did have 5 codes before I went in there, and when I got the new alternator 4 codes cleared and I just got the one P1163 Code back.

I wont touch the cat, next thing i'm going to do is go after the intake and see if everything is A-Ok there.

Also, would it have been possible for the short to mess with the other 02 sensor? I noticed the wires cross in the diagram.

Yea it doesnt seem like it has anything to do with the cat. And Yes a short to the O2 could cause the ECU to bring up multiple codes
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2019, 02:22 AM   #29
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

dustyboner is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
you mechanic should have hook up a scanner and graphed the o2 voltage to make sure it was switching correctly before saying it was fixed.
RSX fog light install guide

watch him play with his meat
dustyboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:27 PM   #30
DCF1VER

DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustyboner View Post
you mechanic should have hook up a scanner and graphed the o2 voltage to make sure it was switching correctly before saying it was fixed.
Rear O2s very rarely "switch". The transient events are slower and more infrequent than front oxygen sensors, it would be hard to judge if the rear O2 is fixed based on "switching".

OP if you are still having a problem,I suggest Chapman Auto Repair. They are very expensive,but are guaranteed to fix your vehicle properly.

Last edited by DCF1VER; 02-11-2019 at 01:32 PM..
DCF1VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:44 PM   #31
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCF1VER View Post
Rear O2s very rarely "switch". The transient events are slower and more infrequent than front oxygen sensors, it would be hard to judge if the rear O2 is fixed based on "switching".
True, but he said he was getting a P1163 DTC which is
Air Fuel Ratio (A/F) Sensor (Sensor 1) Slow Response

Old 02-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #32
DCF1VER

DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DCF1VER is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
In that case, monitoring voltage for "switching" from an AF sensor would be completely useless.

The transient values are measured in current, not voltage. AF sensors are extremely accurate and typically sit at a target of 2v-3v(depending on manufacturer) and never deviate from that value unless there is an unusual situation. When they do "switch" the movements are measured in current.

Some scan tools display the current value(in mA), but many do not.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:54 PM   #33
dustyboner
Vaginal Lubrication Tech

Quote:
In that case, monitoring voltage for "switching" from an AF sensor would be completely useless.

The transient values are measured in current, not voltage. AF sensors are extremely accurate and typically sit at a target of 2v-3v(depending on manufacturer) and never deviate from that value unless there is an unusual situation. When they do "switch" the movements are measured in current.

Sorry, my dumbass was thinking O2 sensor instead of AFR sensor.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:16 PM   #34
DCF1VER

Quote:
Sorry, my dumbass was thinking O2 sensor instead of AFR sensor.

Nothing dumb about it,brother. We all learn one way or the other.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:39 PM   #35
CrispiRSX

CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CrispiRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Okay, so after resetting the code.. I've driven 120 miles and it hasn't came back and the car is OKAY. Doesn't feel like it's fully there, but no code.

I just had a full tank tho and 120 Miles later i'm sitting on E.

I don't think I should be going through a full tank like that..

I drive about 15 miles to and from work everyday and by the end of the week i'm usually empty.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #36
CrispiRSX

Quote:

I sealed up the leak by the Crank Case Breather, could that have been the reason for the slow response?
Old 02-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #37
CrispiRSX

I've answered my own problem as 2 the Air/Fuel ratio.

I'm almost certain that huge vacuum leak was what caused that and after doing some research on Failing Crankcase Breather it says "A decrease in engine performance is another symptom of a potential problem with the crankcase vent filter. If the filter becomes clogged and causes any vacuum leaks, this may cause a decrease in engine performance due to the disturbance in the air-fuel ratio."

As for the fuel, is that pretty normal? Getting 10Mpg, google says I should be getting 27. Nice joke..
Old 02-12-2019, 09:30 PM   #38
marko16

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I cry when I don't get 30.
Old 02-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #39
xDC5

xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm averaging 27mpg with wider wheels and tires......I used to get about 30mpg on stocks.
xDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 06:21 PM   #40
CrispiRSX

Quote:

OP if you are still having a problem,I suggest Chapman Auto Repair. They are very expensive,but are guaranteed to fix your vehicle properly.
Hey man, thank you very much for recommending these guys.

They helped me fix everything up.

It was a bad cat this whole time, and the smell was my vtec solenoid gasket leaking oil.