Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

OG's '03 ABP Type-S Progress/Showoff Thread **11/22- Now For Sale**

7K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  OG Wagon 
#1 · (Edited)
Update 11/22: Car is now for sale.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=843682

I purchased this '03 ABP Type-S locally from another CRSX member back in November, 2011.

Current Mod and Work-Done List

Engine:
K20A2
Performance Valve springs installed by previous owner
Fresh 6-speed Tranny (rebuilt directly after purchased by me, shifts like butter, no grinds)
Mugen High Performance Airbox
Hard Race Shifter Bushings
SS Clutch Line
Custom VC painted Wrinkle ABP
Spark Plug Cover painted hi-heat silver
Odyssey PC680 swap; mounted on modified OEM battery tray (w/ OEM winter battery and OEM mount)
Tucked: Fuse Box, throttle cables, fuel injector connector harness, windshield washer reservoir tank

Exterior:
Genuine OEM Honda A-Spec kit (full)
DIY Black-out Headlights (lenses restored)
Metal Rear Wiper-delete plug (painted gloss black)
iS front/rear "H" badges
Acura badging removed; OEM "Integra" badge added in rear
"H" emblem-swap on A-Spec Wheels Center Caps (OEM Accord "H" emblems used)
WeatherTech Window Visors (low-tint version for OEM look)
OEM Honda Sunroof visor
Spider Fog Light kit w/ Nokya Hyper Yellow H11 bulbs
6K H1 HID kit
Front Grille Painted ABP
Diffuser section f A-spec rear bumper painted flat black
Red-out film on taillights

Interior:
'05-06 RSX Base-model black cloth seat swap (front and rear)
Corsport Black "H" steering wheel emblem/sticker
Type-s Style shift knob; DIY blue-stitched w/ blue painted letters
DIY blue faux-suede door inserts, headliner, and privacy cover
DIY blue-stiching seats
Gooseneck Iphone Mount to passenger seat-bolt
Strut King Pedals/Dead-Pedal set
Pioneer AVIC-D3 with GPS and Ipod Connect cord

Suspension/Brakes:
Energy Suspension Master Bushing Kit
H&R lowering spring kit
Ingalls Rear Camber Kit
SS Brake Lines F/R
PJDM Front Rotors

Wheels/Tires:
17" OEM A-Spec Rims
Continental ExtremeContact DWS Tires

Pictures:

Current Pics; update 8/9:

When I purchased the car in November of 2011:

...first Photoshoot:

And after the shoot, I put back on my favorite add-on thus far :thumbsup:

Future Plans
- PJDM Battery relocation w/ Odyssey battery
- Misc tuck and cosmetic work in engine bay
- Hondata ECU Re-Flash
- Coil-overs (drop about another 1")
- Performance Exhaust
- S2000 cluster
- DVD/Navi unit
- Push button start
- OEM floor illumination kit (swapped to red)

Hope you guys like it. I'm open to all opinions, good or bad.

Thanks for looking, Dan

See less See more
#34 ·
Thanks bro. Yeah, the cloth seats are nice man. My favorite mod so far. Looking forward to getting the stitching done and seeing the interior come into completion this summer.

Urking me that I can't find this thread locally. I'll have to order some tomorrow I guess.

#35 · (Edited)
Update: 7/2012

A lot of interior work has been done this summer. Preparing for Import Alliance in NC in two weeks.

Swapped out the red theme in the interior to an all-blue theme, inspired by my buddies Lexus iF.
- DIY blue carpet and floor mats (w/ dark blue heel pads)
- blue faux-suede door inserts, headliner, and privacy cover
- painted black with SEM paint: A-Pillars, sun visors, headliner plastics
- DIY stitching to the interior (still need to finish front seats)
- blue-stiched Alcantra shift boot and e-brake cover (Lightning Auto Customs)
- Strut King Pedals set
- WeatherTech window visors (low-tint version)

Recent pic from Cars & Coffee in charlotte.

Some other crappy pics of the interior. Need a good shoot soon, but you get the idea:

Some of my recent DIY posts I made as I updated stuff:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=826479&highlight=
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=829556&highlight=
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=828840&highlight=

Finishing these up before IA (I hope):

- Tuck: Fuel Injector harness; Fuse Box; Cruise Control Line
- Trade existing VC for a Wrinkle Blue cover (LMK if you have one!)
- Mugen Oil and Rad caps (ebay special; teacher budget)
- Install Mugen Intake (on way, not a replica; even teacher's splurge occasionally)
- PJDM batter and relocation? well see, money is tight, but want to bad!
- Finish up DIY blue stitching in interior for seats (and possibly the steering wheel).

#37 ·
Thanks! It was a crap-ton of work. Nice to be done with that phase now and on to something different.

Working like a dog on the engine bay this week, preparing for IA in NC this weekend:

- Wrinkle ABP valve cover. Came out...interesting. We'll see how it looks installed.
- Odyssey PC680 mounted in the stock location. Modified OEM battery tray a good bit.
- Fuse Box Relocation (Driver side bumper)
- Windshield Washer Reservoir Tank relocation (Passengers side bumper).
- Mugen Intake
- Mugen Strut Tower Bar (if trade deal goes through with CRSX member coming to IA).
- Mugen socks, Oil Cap
- Silver anodized washers and allen bolts throughout.

Excited to share "before" and "after" pics of the bay. Things are coming along real nice. Just a lot of hours.

#40 · (Edited)
Thanks so much. The interior matches very nicely, but its not quite as dark as the ABP. That's fine by me though, as I was hoping to match the carpet color (ITR) more than the exterior. All in all, I think it flows very well. I recommend the Joann's faux suede. It's great stuff, and I think it has more of an OEM look than real suede. Takes glue well (no bleed through) and stretches great around curves/contours.

The valve cover is interesting, because I typically only see wrinkle painted VC's with a flat finish. Adding in the mettalic of the ABP has made for some cool dynamics. The sun hits it and it lights up in a really unique way. Hard to explain.

Hopefully finishing up the bay today. Wife needs her van back, ha!

Car looks clean man!
:bow:

#41 · (Edited)
Update 8/9:

Got the bay done just in time for the IA Summer Meet here in NC. Had a great time checking out the show on Saturday. Lots of rides. Felt like my car was the only care there that wasn't hellaflush/hellalow. But, hey, I am 30, so I suppose I could expect to stick out a bit.

New stuff: Mugen Airbox, Socks, Oil Cap (ebay rep), Silver Anodized washers/bolts, Odyssey PC680 on modified OEM battery tray (painted wrinkle black) w/ new battery cables, and lastly switched up my VC to a new look. Did a wrinkle black finish, them sprayed that with ABP. Came out pretty sweet I think. Due to the mettalic in the paint, gives it a neat effect as it reflects light in multi-angles.

Also tucked the fuse box under the LH bumper, and relocated/extended wiring of the H20 reservoir to RH bumper. Also got new fender liners, mine were beat. Finally, tucked the fuel injector connector harness, and the cruise control throttle cable.

Also, got an AVIC-D3 from a guy here on the forums. Sourced a pretty beat up dash kit at a local Salvage yard. Sanded it down and painted it with SEM bumper coater (only paint I had laying around). Turned out OK until I can find a cleaner dash kit.

Pics of my RSX at IA:

"New" bay:

Navi:

Also saw my other two builds there. New owners brought them, which was a really neat surprise. '86 CRX Si in the lot. And my first major build: an '87 Wagovan got some coverage in a booth, awesome! Both owners really haven't changed a thing about them, which was kind of gratifying as well.

New Owner Chase w/ the '87 Wagovan:

Pics of some other RSX's I saw during my stroll around:

This one looked a lot like mine:

...and my personal favorite RSX I saw that day. Owner was a very cool dude. Forgot your name already, but nice to meet you!

...and I've never been a fan of the whole JDM-boy sticker fad, but I was seriously tempted to get this Sparta sticker. Just too pimp.

That's all for now. BETTER SHOOT COMING SOON. Sorry for the poor (Iphone 4s) pics.

Future plans for the rest of 2012 (in this order):
- Mugen Front Strut Bar
- Bluetooth kit for Avic-D3
- Titanium Interior Trim
- S2000 cluster swap
:awwyea:

Peace, Dan

#44 ·
Thanks bro! Yeah, hard to compete. Car was tough man. Looked even better in person, trust me.

Hey bro, how low are you. I want to do the exact same height. Do you have any camber wear
I have the H&R spring kit installed. I'd say about a 2 finger gap at all corners. No camber wear so far since getting new tires this past November. Funny though, my car looked like a 4x4 at the show. EVERYONE is slamming nowadays.

It's a nice kit, a bit bumpy at times, but overall pretty smooth. I really would not want to go much lower for daily driving, with the aspec lip being as low as it is currently.

#46 ·
I seen your rsx at IA. I have the same lip kit and it was all still black then. Seeing all the other rsx's with the lip kit painted made me get mine painted two weeks after IA lol

#49 ·
Thanks dude! Actually, I'm on H&R lowering springs. They ride pretty decent, and the height is good for day-to-day driving. No scrapes, can't complain.

I've thought about getting some nice coils down the line though, just so I could get it a bit lower for shows, etc...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.