HELP - Head Unit noise when cold (Video) - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Car Audio, Security, & Electronics RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-29-2019, 10:38 PM   #1
yaggs

yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
HELP - Head Unit noise when cold (Video)

https://youtu.be/IzloPLxC7Q0

Head unit is the only audio upgrade. I do have the stock amp connected with the metra harness. HU works great otherwise. Need some help guys, I feel like I've tried all of the typical solutions. This only happens when the temperature is below 60 degrees F. Noise goes away after it has been on for a few minutes. Noise is independent of RPM, source, and volume. Temperature seems to be the only factor.

Alpine UTE-62BT

TIA everyone

Last edited by yaggs; 01-29-2019 at 10:41 PM..
yaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2019, 11:47 PM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That sounds like alternator whine to me. If memory serves me right, it’s possibly due to a bad ground.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 04:08 PM   #3
yaggs

yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx yaggs is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
That sounds like alternator whine to me. If memory serves me right, itís possibly due to a bad ground.
but this is completely independent from RPM, it makes the same noises no matter what the engine speed. I always thought alternator whine changed frequency based on RPM? LMK if I'm wrong. I've also changed grounds from the harness to the location directly behind head unit with no change. Also grounded the under seat amp to same ground as HU (on a different occasion) with no change. Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:56 PM   #4
yaggs

bump... this problem is so annoying
Old 03-03-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
yaggs