Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

05-06 RSX-S Front lower ball joint replacement

35K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Gavincalhoon98 
#1 · (Edited)
Wadup fellas, I wanted to share with you all a ball joint replacement part number that I hope will help all of you for when you replace your ball joints. After ordering tons of ball joints and comparing I finally found them and they're identical to the AC Delco 45D2206. Now, I bought these from my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store for about $16 each. I believe the AC Delco ones go for $40 each. It's a huge difference in price and quicker to get your hands on.
This is only for the 05-06 RSX type s

Follow this Diy for installation: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=876265

Part# MasterPro K9817 Ball Joint

Here is the side by side comparison, look carefully, you will notice the (Left) aftermarket one will look a lot higher but if you look carefully the bottom of the aftermarket has that metal ring that makes it stick out more and makes it look higher but they're pretty close in height.

Here is a picture with it installed. They fit in there perfectly.

Overall, hope this helps everyone instead of having to wait a couple days for your ball joints to arrive in the mail. Thanks for looking. :thumbsup:

See less See more
#9 ·
I need to replace two sets. That's nearly a fucking grand right there. No issues then? Doesn't matter if they are aftermarket either? I mean for that price who fucking cares right?! OEM can be the best but you'd have to buy several aftermarket ones to even catch up.

#14 ·
Wow this thread was a life saver. I was trying to find a ball joint for my 05 rsx.... NONE OF THEM fit, acura told me i had to purchase the whole knuckle... for $302 per side. Just to top it off they were all on back order till August!!!
This part number saved me. My parts guy at APC was even shook.
Thank you !!!!!

#15 ·
Wadup fellas, I wanted to share with you all a ball joint replacement part number that I hope will help all of you for when you replace your ball joints. After ordering tons of ball joints and comparing I finally found them and they're identical to the AC Delco 45D2206. Now, I bought these from my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store for about $16 each. I believe the AC Delco ones go for $40 each. It's a huge difference in price and quicker to get your hands on.
This is only for the 05-06 RSX type s

Follow this Diy for installation: DIY: BB6 Prelude Ball Joint Install in 05-06 RSX Type-S

Part# MasterPro K9817 Ball Joint

Here is the side by side comparison, look carefully, you will notice the (Left) aftermarket one will look a lot higher but if you look carefully the bottom of the aftermarket has that metal ring that makes it stick out more and makes it look higher but they're pretty close in height.

Here is a picture with it installed. They fit in there perfectly.

Overall, hope this helps everyone instead of having to wait a couple days for your ball joints to arrive in the mail. Thanks for looking. 👍
HUGE help brotha!! Thank you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.