Spare Tire Well Removal Weight Reduction? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
phantom90333
Still A New Member

phantom90333 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Spare Tire Well Removal Weight Reduction?

Has anyone cut out the spare tire well? It sits between the frame rails so they wouldn't be touched. That probably weighs a good 70 pounds. I wanna frame out the hole and lay sheet metal overtop and possibly run a diffuser in the space created witha bumper cutout. Just curious if anyone has done this and any problems I may run into.

Axle nuts = broken tools
phantom90333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2015, 10:19 PM   #2
tabKola

tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tabKola might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Biggest issue is that the rear subframe is welded to it although it might only be the back half.
tabKola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabKola View Post
Biggest issue is that the rear subframe is welded to it although it might only be the back half.

This is true I am sure only 20lbs will come out... I had to do that since I had to make a fuel tank outside the chassis my AWD project.

Much of the back portion is covered just for a uniform look however its not cut due to the subframe.
57trim is offline   Reply With Quote