Converting the RSX to RWD. - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-14-2014, 09:52 PM   #76
aphan
Master Member

aphan has disabled reputation
didnt read through the thread , but how you thought of using the s2k tranny? theres already available k>f tranny plates
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #77
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphan View Post
didnt read through the thread , but how you thought of using the s2k tranny? theres already available k>f tranny plates
I haven't heard many good things about those transmissions. i'm sure if you dump a bunch of money onto it they'll hold... but I want an automatic anyways.
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 05:57 AM   #78
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by 57trim View Post
Yea man that thing is aweeeeeesome.... I wish but i got a good ol RBC lol.

Anyways, I was a mechanic for a decade or so... and did a lot of research before i started. Also, did my car in segments so i could drive it.
1. gas tank
2. rear mounted with knuckles
3. front trans with a tcase and modd subframe
4. driveshaft.

I am a student waiting on my masters to start I am going to school for a Physician Assistant here at University or South Florida, but also married with 2 kids which limit time.

Juans swap might have less moving parts but it requires much more measuring, fabbing, removing of the inside, subframe, mounting rear, and a fuel cell, most likely a cage and rear suspension.
I would be suprised to see it completed this summer..... !!!

My stuff was all bolt on for the most part. I am still working on my car wagon shaft coming with DSS axles so the thing stay together.
We will meet at a local event I am sure lol, a feature. would be cool just picked me up a CF hood lol by the time he is done i will have a fuel cell and a built engine... lol (jk on the engine)

Good luck bro and taking easy once you cut the shit its not turning back so make sure you measure twice and stop and then measure twice more then cut. lol
Thank you bro. I am sure we will meet up when my bucket is done...
Yeah... I know about the cutting haha... we will be careful ... cut in small increments lol.

You should build the motor and turn that bish up lol

Old 12-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #79
Alberex
Master Member

Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Alberex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looks awesome
Old 12-22-2014, 06:37 AM   #80
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Thank you sir.
Old 12-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #81
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Flex plate, custom starter and K-series to SBC Th400/th350/Power Glide plates purchased
Awaiting them to arrive next week so that i can start cutting the fire wall.

Last edited by JUANonJUAN; 12-26-2014 at 01:50 PM..
Old 12-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #82
Xander
Stupid Long Manatees

Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though
I dig this
Old 12-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #83
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

You gonna dig the digs the car will do
Old 12-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #84
Xander
Stupid Long Manatees

Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though
I guarantee that I will do so
Old 01-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #85
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
DEEEEG! Hard son..... lol I can't wait for Jim to get the aluminum in so he can finish my shit!!!

Got spare axles like whoa!!!
57trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #86
monjarassi
RealTalk

monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start monjarassi has a clean start
Good stuff

PTE 6266 turbo EP3 built motor

speedlab.net for all your tuning needs!!

**1st Ep3 with K2nd billet shifter box**
monjarassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #87
White_02

White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own White_02 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Lookin' good

Just noticed the S2 trans part up top. They only hold about 400whp before they tend to break something, plus the gearing would be too close/short I'm assuming. Much better choices out there, such as the route you're going.
White_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #88
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

^ for what I'm going for, yes. I need something with a few gears, long as gears, automatic, and bullet proof lol
Old 01-05-2015, 06:24 AM   #89
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Most of the sound deadening is out of the car

I gotta remove some by the rear seats (or where they used to be, years ago lol) and in the trunk.
I'm waiting for the adapter plates to come in the mail.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #90
57trim

57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 57trim is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Excitement...!!!!
Old 01-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #91
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUANonJUAN View Post
Most of the sound deadening is out of the car

I gotta remove some by the rear seats (or where they used to be, years ago lol) and in the trunk.
I'm waiting for the adapter plates to come in the mail.
Looks like yours didn't come up so easily. When I hit mine with a rubber mallet after 30 seconds of dry ice it pretty much popped out in huge chunks with very little residue.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:32 AM   #92
Xander
Stupid Long Manatees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
Looks like yours didn't come up so easily. When I hit mine with a rubber mallet after 30 seconds of dry ice it pretty much popped out in huge chunks with very little residue.
I'm hoping so hard that this is the case with mine
Old 01-06-2015, 07:49 AM   #93
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
The driver side shown on the picture, no.
The passenger side yes, came out way easier and it way bigger chunks. The area by the pedals that kind of goes up on an angle was the worse part... kind of a PITA lol
This weekend i'm going to do the back seats and trunk... hopefully they aren't too complicated.
I used 12lbs of dry ice for the 2 front areas... i'm probably going to get the same about for the rear.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:51 AM   #94
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start Turpid Porpoise has a clean start
Quote:
The driver side shown on the picture, no.
The passenger side yes, came out way easier and it way bigger chunks. The area by the pedals that kind of goes up on an angle was the worse part... kind of a PITA lol
This weekend i'm going to do the back seats and trunk... hopefully they aren't too complicated.
I used 12lbs of dry ice for the 2 front areas... i'm probably going to get the same about for the rear.
The trunk was by far the easiest part of my removal. It all came out in huge chunks and I just moved the ice from the upper portion into the spare tire well as the the sound dampening came up.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #95
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

Next thing to delete are the wipers motor and wipers itself.
Debating keeping the radio and speakers... it's kind of the only thing that keeps me sane while driving this thing lol
Old 01-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #96
Turpid Porpoise
Shazaam

Quote:
Next thing to delete are the wipers motor and wipers itself.
Debating keeping the radio and speakers... it's kind of the only thing that keeps me sane while driving this thing lol
When I was still building mine I pulled the rear speakers and wires and just left the door speakers in. I figured it would be good enough while still saving a little bit of weight.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #97
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

That's a possibility.
Old 01-13-2015, 11:06 AM   #98
57trim

How is that cutting?? lol Keep me in mind about what I need lol. Save me a lot of trouble.

Thanks
Old 01-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #99
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

I just got the plates last night... gonna take some pics tonight.
Taking the car to my buddy's shop this weekend and might start cutting already.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:13 PM   #100
STREET ETHNICS
Sleepers Crew!

STREET ETHNICS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Damn, good shit man. Looks good so far.

2002 wrx wagon= Freshly rebuilt and rolling hard.

Last edited by STREET ETHNICS; 01-18-2015 at 06:47 AM..
STREET ETHNICS is offline   Reply With Quote