AWD convert - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-16-2009, 09:56 PM   #101
tweek_boii

tweek_boii is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
K20A2, do it
tweek_boii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #102
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I might have a local source that has what I need. I am going to call tomorrow and maybe take a look to see the condition.
K20A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 PM   #103
tweek_boii

Hey in your sig did you meant member :P

Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 PM   #104
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
lol, thanks
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #105
tweek_boii

xP No problem. In for any updates you can provide. Good luck!!
Old 06-16-2009, 11:20 PM   #106
Creepy Chris
Too much drama

Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList Creepy Chris needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Not sure if I should be shocked or not that Chris has taken this thread this far...
Creepy Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #107
emc430
RIP 02' FPR Base

emc430 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
in for any updates. i really wanna see an awd rsx.
emc430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #108
RsxJai
Master Member

RsxJai is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post
I wouldn't want to use a CRV, I want to use the Element because it is the closest design to the RSX. The rear subframe would be a petty easy install into the RSX, just some cutting and welding.

Random and far fetched, but wasn't the Honda Stream, which had a hand in designing the EP3 which is very similar to DC5, 4wd too? Or at least they were siblings or something I think. I say far fetched cause it was never made available in the U.S. and 7 seater, but still. Wiki says it was designed like Civics but extended a 100mm for the 3rd row of seats and it does look similar to a EP3 front end wise.
RsxJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:23 AM   #109
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

it might have been, I don't know a whole lot about the Japan based cars.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #110
SiLkk
whatuknowaboutthat

SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top
SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top SiLkk is not even half way to the top
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc430 View Post
i really wanna see an awd rsx.

RSX = the sexoRz

RSX + awd =

Goodluck Chris, I hope this really turns into something.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #111
killertofupanda

killertofupanda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RsxJai View Post
Random and far fetched, but wasn't the Honda Stream, which had a hand in designing the EP3 which is very similar to DC5, 4wd too? Or at least they were siblings or something I think. I say far fetched cause it was never made available in the U.S. and 7 seater, but still. Wiki says it was designed like Civics but extended a 100mm for the 3rd row of seats and it does look similar to a EP3 front end wise.
yes, you are correct. the cr-v, element, civic, integra, and stream all share the same chassis platform. one other note, even the accord was offered as an 4wd trim.

anyhow, i looked under the cr-v. the subframe have the same mounting points, but i still need to do further measurements for the trapezoid sides to see how far apart the front and rear are.

Last edited by killertofupanda; 06-17-2009 at 02:46 PM..
killertofupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:46 PM   #112
Xqzrt
Master Member

Xqzrt is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
So should I subscribe to this or is Chris gonna be making his own thread? I really wanna keep up with this.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #113
Nemo128

Nemo128 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Me too. I'd drop money on a conversion that I knew would work.

Why the heck didn't Honda give it a front double wishbone so people would stfu about the struts...
Old 06-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #114
rsxer63
Low Flying Whore Ron

rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Why not just do a dual motor... one for rhe front and a second for the rear? Someone did it years ago on a VW Scirocco.

RIP Brenda J Aguilar 1964-2002,
rsxer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 06:53 PM   #115
killertofupanda

killertofupanda is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
a two motors setup is too heavy to be worth it, ruining handling for the sake of awd. plus, a person going this route would destroy the structural integrity of the chassis in the rear after doing lots of cutting and welding. the 2nd motor would require custom fabricating the rear suspension. it would be much cheaper and more reasonable to use honda's 4wd drivetrain on the rsx, so that it is more parts that are straight bolt on than doing NASA level of eningeering for custom fabricated everything.
killertofupanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:26 AM   #116
Axix23
:)

Axix23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
maybe in a year, you could sell it as a Clubrsx AWD RSX conversion kit.. $15,000 kit price from clubrsx.. Haha With instructions..
FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....
Axix23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #117
smokeynyc

smokeynyc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'd buy the AWD kit instead of a new car if it works out lol. You better turbo that shit if it works out, I can't imagine how a stock K20 will put down enough power to really utilize the AWD.

Last edited by smokeynyc; 06-18-2009 at 01:19 AM..
smokeynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:07 PM   #118
JUANonJUAN
El Azul Turd0

JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList JUANonJUAN needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
I can so see CRSX banking off a project like this
2014 ZX14R - Stock for now
2014 Mustang 5.0 8.5@165 / 1.28 60ft
JUANonJUAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #119
Nemo128

K20A, you want to find those components you mentioned locally, or can they be transported?
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #120
DC5JMU
You slut.

DC5JMU is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I wnat teh AWD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarba View Post
man fuck all u fake ass bitches if u aint gonna help go suck a dick .. theres no such thing as v tec fluid fags

My Filthy Whore http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=607323
DC5JMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:34 PM   #121
Nino
11.88 @ 120 mph

Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Nino must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxer63 View Post
Why not just do a dual motor... one for rhe front and a second for the rear? Someone did it years ago on a VW Scirocco.
it was done to an Accord in Popular Mechanics in the 80's
Boost Slut Krew Member #6
My Build Show-Off DIY Carputer Fuel Return Setup
09 Space Gray M3
Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:37 PM   #122
Nemo128

Probably asking for a lot, but if we can retain 6spd manual with the AWD setup, I'd be sold.

Screw the naysayers, some people just really LOVE the RSX, myself included. That's why I'm on my 3rd one when I could afford something way more expensive.
Old 06-18-2009, 12:43 PM   #123
DC5JMU
You slut.

DC5JMU is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo128 View Post
Probably asking for a lot, but if we can retain 6spd manual with the AWD setup, I'd be sold.

Screw the naysayers, some people just really LOVE the RSX, myself included. That's why I'm on my 3rd one when I could afford something way more expensive.
Baller.
I want to see this happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarba View Post
man fuck all u fake ass bitches if u aint gonna help go suck a dick .. theres no such thing as v tec fluid fags

My Filthy Whore http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=607323
DC5JMU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #124
Nemo128

Not enough cars nowadays take a minimalist approach to the interiors. Big gaudy plastics everywhere and more plush surfaces than I'd have in my house.

What about front suspension and axle from the Civic Si to get wishbone? LOL
Old 06-18-2009, 05:15 PM   #125
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

Quote:
K20A, you want to find those components you mentioned locally, or can they be transported?
I haven't had time to call, I was welding all day yesterday and working on a customer car all day today.

Quote:

It will be able to keep the 6-speed without a problem.

Quote:
Not enough cars nowadays take a minimalist approach to the interiors. Big gaudy plastics everywhere and more plush surfaces than I'd have in my house.

What about front suspension and axle from the Civic Si to get wishbone? LOL
No need, the RSX suspension is just fine, you just have to know how to set it up.