Polishing PRB mani - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > Welding, Fabrication, & Tools
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
ehrkeith

ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Polishing PRB mani

Thought I'd get some opinions on the best way to go about polishing my extra PRB manifold. Thought since I'm broke right now and I've had it laying around it will be something to do. Right now I've been polishing it with an orbital sander with 80, and 320 grit. Some parts with a dremel and some knockoff sanding things for it. I plan on using rubbing compound or polishing compound once I get it shiny and remove all the pits.

I can't really seem to get all the pits in the metal out even with the 80 grit sand paper.

Has anyone else done this?
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #2
2010 admin

Have you tried a flap wheel with that coarse grit?
Old 08-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
ehrkeith

ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ehrkeith is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sorry if I sound stupid, but what is a flap wheel? Is it some sort of attachment for a drill?

Do you have a link to one on amazon or something so I can see what it looks like?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Andymsr1
K24 is best

Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Andymsr1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DAFE1H0...rds=flap+wheel
DD - Xterra 4WD
Andymsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #5
ehrkeith

Appreciate it, I get paid friday so I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #6
Dee See Five

Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dee See Five is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehrkeith View Post
Thought I'd get some opinions on the best way to go about polishing my extra PRB manifold. Thought since I'm broke right now and I've had it laying around it will be something to do. Right now I've been polishing it with an orbital sander with 80, and 320 grit. Some parts with a dremel and some knockoff sanding things for it. I plan on using rubbing compound or polishing compound once I get it shiny and remove all the pits.

I can't really seem to get all the pits in the metal out even with the 80 grit sand paper.

Has anyone else done this?
I had the same problem on a turbo, Use a wire wheel on a drill and then polish it will come out perfect
Dee See Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 11:43 PM   #7
MaRv.1
Master Member

MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx MaRv.1 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I'm gonna try that flap wheel. I'm so lazy with this. I know someone who polished his by hand.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...183&highlight=
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #8
LBCtype-S
dc5_marvin

LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LBCtype-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dammm they reaLLLY REALLLY LOVE THEIR CAR
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
WEASE1977
Its a honda thing

WEASE1977 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
An orbital sander is not the way forward. you need to sand in the same direction for best results and keep changing the sand paper for a finer paper to get best results. Get some buffing products and cotton reels for your dremel to polish it up afterwards..... PS took me around a month of constant sanding to get a good effect

Revhard Stage 1 Kit - RBC - RC 750's - Kpro - Walbro - FPR - BDL Fuel Rail - BC FI Cams -
WEASE1977 is offline   Reply With Quote