Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Are you Serious???

Tags
serious
1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  troye 
#1 ·
My engine idles at 500 RPM warmed up with no load. So I just checked the troubleshooting guide in the Service Manual. What a pain in the @#*. I'm probably just venting because even though I dont really mind working on the car, I have to learn something new almost daily, I just finished my valve adjustment this morning, and because I am really a stickler about my vehicles. You take care of them and they will take care of you. But today is one of those days I miss a plain ole carburetor. And yes, I have read the forum and will try to reset the ECM Idle circuit first, then pull the IACV for cleaning and on and on until I slay the dragon. Some people play video games. I look for things to fix on my cars. LOL. SICK!
Paul

#3 ·
No lights. No codes. Just low idle. My cruise control is acting wonky too. But I haven't done the research on that to know if the two could be related. I read somewhere on the forum that the CC is vacuum controlled. Maybe. Maybe not. Ill dig into it when I have time. All I know is that she is running sweeeet! LOL.
Paul

#5 ·
i got rid of that shit long time ago... you should do the same and save 10 pounds of weight.

cruise control is NOT vacuum controlled.

here is a pic of the CC actuator without the cable attached. its all electronic

#7 ·
I understand guys. CC is not for everyone. And even though its not necessary, I like everything on my cars to work as the OEM intends. But I also enjoy the mental challenge of diagnosing and making it work again. Just like the low rpm. When I have time, that too shall be repaired.
Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.