Track *Chat* Part III - Page 18 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #426
Snakeratchis

Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Firstly I think you guys are confused, raising my car is only going to make my tie rod angles even WORSE amplifying the problem tenfold. it has to do with the steering arm being lower than original, so I cannot raise my car and use stock tie rod ends its simply not an option
Snakeratchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2018, 03:55 PM   #427
DC5_KR
El Barto

DC5_KR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeratchis View Post
So I 100% agree with you guys and j originally had the car about 1.5 inches higher, but the problem was alot worse,lowering it actually helped. My guess is Becuase the bracket where the tie rod goes into the coilover is STRAIGHT as opposed to angled up 2 inches. I assumed that seeker did this to account for the disastrous steering angles that everyone would get when lowering the chassis. If you run at stock ride height with the 2 inch lower straight arm design the steering angles are extremely off! (that's why I lowered it all the way) I'm currently on 255/40/17 Pirelli trofeo r in the front and 225/45/17 in the back. I've also tried a square setup. Spring rates are 12k F 16k R at the firmest setting in the back and softest in the front. Alignment is at - 1.6 front camber - 1.2 rear and 0 toe. Ive read all about the macpherson suspension but everyone seems to have a different opinion. Some say it's not the steering angles but the angles between the steering and the lower control arm. Others say to use roll center adjusters to eliminate the lower control arm angle, others say to use the steering rack spacer, others say to buy the steering rack slider, others say replace the front bushing, I don't see it being the bushing because with stock type r shocks and springs the car rotates and handled like a dream. Im going to try the tegiwa rack raiser and see if it makes a difference, but am I comparing the steering angles to be parallel to the ground? Or parallel to the lca. I need to know this so I know which way I should put the steering rack spacer and whether I should raise or lower the car to correct that angle.
I donít normally give out much info on DC5 setups but Iíll help you out a bit here. First of all the Springs are rates are way too soft for R-Comp Tire. My only fear with the shocks you have is that they wonít be able to handle the higher rates you need. The tiny rear sway bar is not going to help you either look into a ASR bar. Also look into runnning some caster plates, DaVinci tie rods and roll center adjusters . This car needs all the help it could get suspension wise. I got mine driving really close to the feeling of driving a DC2 but is barely streetable took a lot of time and suspension improvements.
http://www.facebook.com/CircuitDreamsByJwRacing
DC5_KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:45 PM   #428
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeratchis View Post
Firstly I think you guys are confused, raising my car is only going to make my tie rod angles even WORSE amplifying the problem tenfold. it has to do with the steering arm being lower than original, so I cannot raise my car and use stock tie rod ends its simply not an option
thats why we said to go back to stock tie rods
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #429
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Dropping a Dc5 past 1/2 inch = bad handling.

I talked to a Honda race team last month that still raced a DC5, he told me they had to use 2000 pound springs in the rear, add a ton of caster and a ton a - camber.

No matter how you slice it, the DC5 front suspension setup will always hold that car back.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:57 PM   #430
hbjai
Zenki

hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
since we are talking about steering arm angle on the RSX.
Mines are very close to level with the ground with tiny bit of angling upward.
-But when I turn the steering wheel one rotation to either side, the inside tire steering arm becomes perfectly level, while the outside get a slightly higher angle and vise versa.
-Is that normal? I feel like it is causing my steering wheel more willing to return to neutral position, and tramlining alot more than before(or is it Bumpsteer?)
(AMR coils, 0857 steering bracket, todd plate and adjustable inner tie rod, BC RCA. Car has 3 fingers or 2 inches wheel gap.)
hbjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 02:29 AM   #431
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Sorry, I've been gone. Haven't been posting cause I aint got shit to post about. At a 12/16 spread, I'd be willing to bet those rates are actually biased towards the front. That is not enough of a spread to make the suspension rear biased and is probably worse than the stock suspension f/r bias. Also, without pictures I can't comment on the tie rod angle thing. Also also, the steering on my car felt dead as shit with 0 toe front. I also recommend toe out in the back.

As far as DC5 vs DC2 goes, if it's one or the other, I'd much rather have the DC5. Kinda regret selling mine for this DB8 until I need to put my kid in the back. Then I'm pretty damn happy I now have 4 doors. I still stand by the DC5 being the better car. 1v1 me bro.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 07-04-2018 at 02:32 AM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 01:09 PM   #432
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
Sorry, I've been gone. Haven't been posting cause I aint got shit to post about. At a 12/16 spread, I'd be willing to bet those rates are actually biased towards the front. That is not enough of a spread to make the suspension rear biased and is probably worse than the stock suspension f/r bias. Also, without pictures I can't comment on the tie rod angle thing. Also also, the steering on my car felt dead as shit with 0 toe front. I also recommend toe out in the back.

As far as DC5 vs DC2 goes, if it's one or the other, I'd much rather have the DC5. Kinda regret selling mine for this DB8 until I need to put my kid in the back. Then I'm pretty damn happy I now have 4 doors. I still stand by the DC5 being the better car. 1v1 me bro.
if I ever get a DC2, you're on!

but on a track... not autox or gymkhana
Old 07-06-2018, 07:28 PM   #433
Snakeratchis

Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Snakeratchis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sorry just double checked. The springs on my car are 12k front and 18k rear, after the steering spacer, the car feels much better, now I just feel like I need roll center adjusters, and to replace the front lca bushing which is cracking and probably contributing to whatever is left of the suspension travel. I definately agree with a few of you guys, it was 37 degrees at Mosport on Monday when I went lapping, and grip levels were insane! At that point I can definitely see a benefit to running a huge competition sway bar in the back, and putting a front sway back in maybe I'll take the one from my mom's 04 civic 😂
Snakeratchis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:34 PM   #434
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
if I ever get a DC2, you're on!

but on a track... not autox or gymkhana
Might be getting my hands on a K24A2. Friend of mine is leaving and has an Odyssey Absolute he has no desire to try to sell.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:59 AM   #435
hbjai
Zenki

hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx hbjai is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
is the jdm k24a2 from the Odyssey the same as the one from jdm accord type s?
hbjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #436
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbjai View Post
is the jdm k24a2 from the Odyssey the same as the one from jdm accord type s?
Probably depends on whether or not it's the RB1 or RB2 Odyssey.

My friend's is an RB1 so I am guessing it's the same engine set up as the early model TSX.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:01 PM   #437
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
No one would buy my car so I put it back together and drove the balls off her this weekend leaking oil out of the valve cover, filling up catch, junk power steering rack, at track eyeball alignment, full send.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKfIK37glZk
Instagram:JordanBryantDc5
Jordan Dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #438
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Dc5 View Post
No one would buy my car so I put it back together and drove the balls off her this weekend leaking oil out of the valve cover, filling up catch, junk power steering rack, at track eyeball alignment, full send.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKfIK37glZk
did anything happen to the STi or just wanted to take the RSX out again? do you have a build thread on the STi anywhere?
Old 07-17-2018, 09:01 PM   #439
warmmilk
Fat Free

I joined the ARS-R club! with custom black permanent marker washers

definitely more comfortable than the First-R, lumber support is a bit better... as in there's actually something there... I sit at about the same height in it despite the thinner butt cushion, and I still have to take it out for track so that my helmet doesn't rub on the roof. overall happy with the switch.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:30 PM   #440
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jordan Dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
did anything happen to the STi or just wanted to take the RSX out again? do you have a build thread on the STi anywhere?
Putting it up for sale probably and starting another build from scratch over the winter. I realized how much I enjoy and better I understand the cars and its issue if I am the one who completely put it together. What the hell am I going to do all winter here with both race cars already working? lol
Old 07-17-2018, 11:41 PM   #441
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Putting it up for sale probably and starting another build from scratch over the winter. I realized how much I enjoy and better I understand the cars and its issue if I am the one who completely put it together. What the hell am I going to do all winter here with both race cars already working? lol
haha, I see... in that case, you should get an Evo instead
Old 07-17-2018, 11:58 PM   #442
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
haha, I see... in that case, you should get an Evo instead
I would have rather had one. Lol

Bmw E46, Corvette c5/c6 zo6 I am thinking.
Old 07-18-2018, 02:09 PM   #443
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
I would have rather had one. Lol

Bmw E46, Corvette c5/c6 zo6 I am thinking.
oh I see, I thought you were planning on another STi... out of these choices my vote goes to the Z06. personally I'd go for the C5, but depending on what the goals are, the C6 may be a better choice. if you get the C6, make sure to either get a 2011+ or get buy LG's dry sump track fix (which gm more or less copied for the 2011+)

as a current BMW owner, I recommend staying away from them if older than a few years... unless you go back to the early 90's and older
Old 07-19-2018, 12:30 AM   #444
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
I joined the ARS-R club! with custom black permanent marker washers

definitely more comfortable than the First-R, lumber support is a bit better... as in there's actually something there... I sit at about the same height in it despite the thinner butt cushion, and I still have to take it out for track so that my helmet doesn't rub on the roof. overall happy with the switch.
How tall are you? I'm 5'11 ish and I struggle to see over the dash when I use the PCI non slider type seat rail.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #445
Jordan Dc5
Green Bastard.

Quote:
oh I see, I thought you were planning on another STi... out of these choices my vote goes to the Z06. personally I'd go for the C5, but depending on what the goals are, the C6 may be a better choice. if you get the C6, make sure to either get a 2011+ or get buy LG's dry sump track fix (which gm more or less copied for the 2011+)

as a current BMW owner, I recommend staying away from them if older than a few years... unless you go back to the early 90's and older
Yeah I am going to do some heavy heavy research before I buy another car. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:16 PM   #446
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
How tall are you? I'm 5'11 ish and I struggle to see over the dash when I use the PCI non slider type seat rail.
I'm 6'0, but keep in mind this is in a Miata, not an RSX. even though there are 3 more slots on the bracket I can't go any lower cause the bottom of the seat hits the floor.
Old 07-19-2018, 06:57 PM   #447
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Yeah I am going to do some heavy heavy research before I buy another car. Thanks for the advice.
anytime, I'm always game for potential track car discussions