BEST header for CTSC - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #26
SafetyMan
Work Safe, Home Safe

SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SafetyMan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hytech SC application was 10 hp / 10 tq over a vibrant RH application.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #27
blazinrsx329
cracker jack box driver

blazinrsx329 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
interesting...link for more information?
Old 11-10-2009, 04:45 PM   #28
So Fly
No Longer Blown...

So Fly is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmanj View Post
is the obx good quality
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-'S'paz View Post
i can't imagine... cheap metal cheap welds
TK-421 runs the OBX one with his k24 frank build, might wanna hit him up

Design-wise, it's pretty dang close to the CTRH, and I can't say enough good things about that RH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
The Vibrant is JRRH replica isn't it? The JRRH has never been known to be a great SCer RH. The primaries are very short and also small in diameter. I'd imagine that most RH's would net 10whp/wtq gains over that specific header.
All Motor Crew #20
So Fly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #29
Yahoo
☆☆☆

Yahoo is a rep WHORE
Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE Yahoo is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafetyMan View Post
I hope you are not talking about the one with the high-flow cat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koreo View Post
FBGM

Yahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:10 PM   #30
blazinrsx329
cracker jack box driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Fly View Post
TK-421 runs the OBX one with his k24 frank build, might wanna hit him up

Design-wise, it's pretty dang close to the CTRH, and I can't say enough good things about that RH

The Vibrant is JRRH replica isn't it? The JRRH has never been known to be a great SCer RH. The primaries are very short and also small in diameter. I'd imagine that most RH's would net 10whp/wtq gains over that specific header.
i remember an ssr vs jrrh dyno somewhere dont remember if it was na or supercharged but the mid range gains were awesome. i searched for the cheapest ssr i could find and picked it up. noticed some slight gains over the toda header i was using as well.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:45 PM   #31
So Fly
No Longer Blown...

So Fly is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinrsx329 View Post
i remember an ssr vs jrrh dyno somewhere dont remember if it was na or supercharged but the mid range gains were awesome. i searched for the cheapest ssr i could find and picked it up. noticed some slight gains over the toda header i was using as well.
Yeah that old JRRH has weak mid-range, I used to have that RH lol
All Motor Crew #20
So Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #32
renrab
above status quo

renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though renrab is cool, not as cool as some though
I would love to know what makes Hytech better than SSR

Their is quality and their is quantity, generally speaking one is usually slightly sacrificed for the other.

You get what you pay for, period the end.

I would take my SSR 4-1 over a kidd racing any day.

This is partly because I believe highly in quality and things being hand made.

Each to their own
renrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:56 AM   #33
blazinrsx329
cracker jack box driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by renrab View Post
I would love to know what makes Hytech better than SSR

Their is quality and their is quantity, generally speaking one is usually slightly sacrificed for the other.

You get what you pay for, period the end.

I would take my SSR 4-1 over a kidd racing any day.

This is partly because I believe highly in quality and things being hand made.

Each to their own
i dont have any back to back dynos comparing the headers and im not knocking ssr its whats on my car currently but when i spoke with danny about choosing a header design he told me to stick to go with 4-2-1 and that the headers he designed where for 260hp all motor applications.

hytech uses anti reversion champers. not sure exactly how much this helps performance but it is an intersting addition to a custom header. hytech exhaust has been making custom header designs for racing teams for years its there specialty if you want the highest quality hand made custom exhaust i think hytechs the way to go if u have 1300 to spend.

"The chamber was originally developed by Jim Feuling in the early 80’s, he did emissions for Ford and GM. I had the chance to meet Jim. I updated the original design. Reversion is the secondary pressure wave that travels back up the primary pipes and enters into the cylinder on valve overlap. As this pressure wave travels back up the pipe, it brings with it all the residual gases still left in the pipe. This is what contaminates the fresh intake charge. Enter in stepped headers and Anti-Reversion chambers, placed at strategic locations in the primary pipes. These methods are employed to tune the arrival of the exhaust wave and to diminish the effects of the high pressure in the pipes. The results are higher volumetric efficiency and more power with increased throttle response and a stronger air vacuum."

Last edited by blazinrsx329; 11-11-2009 at 03:00 AM..
blazinrsx329 is offline   Reply With Quote