The End All Rim Painting DIY Thread - Page 39 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 PM   #951
sexy_honda_2007

sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sexy_honda_2007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze87 View Post
Painted rims is cool and all, until you need new tires and the machine chips them, it's more economical to have them powder coated
If they're done right they won't chip. Mine have been through every weather condition and tires changes numerous times. No one issue.
sexy_honda_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2014, 06:49 PM   #952
OSrsxS

OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OSrsxS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze87 View Post
Painted rims is cool and all, until you need new tires and the machine chips them, it's more economical to have them powder coated
Baking wheels at too high of a temperature can cause the alloy to become brittle. It is not a good idea to powder coat wheels, especially if you aren't 100% sure what your wheels are made of. Most places that powdercoat do their baking at a certain temp, and probably won't worry about the wheels specific makeup. I wouldn't recommend powder coating wheels, just paint them. I painted mine before I had tires mounted and there weren't any chips after. Take your wheels somewhere that knows how to mount tires properly and you won't have any chipping issues.
OSrsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:53 PM   #953
nathanm100

nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nathanm100 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have some 5zigen fn01r-c's and they have some kind of clear coat and it chipped off so what should I do

Old 04-18-2014, 12:39 AM   #954
S.T.A.R.S.

S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx S.T.A.R.S. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i have a question: i'm looking at some second gen typeS rims and the owner spray painted them white... if i use a paint stripper will it damage the Oem finish? thanks
Mobile Car Detailer (Lodi/Stockton/Sac area)
wash,clay,wax, tires/rims 80$ flat Message me #49erautodetailing
S.T.A.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #955
blaze87

blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blaze87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.T.A.R.S. View Post
i have a question: i'm looking at some second gen typeS rims and the owner spray painted them white... if i use a paint stripper will it damage the Oem finish? thanks
The oem finish is paint, so yes.
blaze87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 PM   #956
Dc5_Tyler
Type Slow

Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_Tyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
question, I have already sanded my wheels. I'm going to be using primer, should I use black or grey primer? I'm trying to go with a really bright white. And when painting the white, do I let it dry then add the 5 coats of clear? Or do I add clear while the white is still drying? help!
Dc5_Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #957
stockdriver

stockdriver is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You don't want to put any clear on until the white is dry. You want to use a Grey primer black would just be harder to cover imo. Patience is needed if you want it to turn out good. Thin coats!!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #958
ashurjames

ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ashurjames is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i am sure this has been asked but wat kind of spray paint did u use
ashurjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:12 AM   #959
satya

satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx satya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I figure id do this cord so nobody has to inquire questions to any further extent...if there is nothing i did ‘nt reply feel free to inquire an ill be pleased to lend a hand u out..i did like 10 sets of rims before now cuz once everybody liked me we go silly an did a lot of them. PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE
satya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:07 AM   #960
teejnus

teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx teejnus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
all the pics are gone...
teejnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:23 PM   #961
Maro510
Papicocacola

Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Maro510 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
this ^

IG | @omarsx510
Maro510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:34 PM   #962
Hyliannightmare
New to K series

Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Hyliannightmare is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejnus View Post
all the pics are gone...
Photobucket really messed up allot of forums
Hyliannightmare is offline   Reply With Quote