DC5-R Brembo Pistons - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
mtado06

mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
DC5-R Brembo Pistons

Hey all,

I have a set of Brembos from a DC5 Type R. I am in the process of rebuilding them and need to order new seals, boots, etc. I need to know what size diameter to get the rebuild kit, and I can't take the piston out at the moment to measure it.

Someone here once said they were 32/36mm, but I found these two sites with the OEM Brembo seal kits from Honda and they both say it's 36/40mm. Here are the two sites:

http://y.2-d.jp/blog/cowboy/2012/09/28/

http://happoya.jp/?pid=33552081

I know the Honda part number for the Brembo seal kit is 01463-S6M-J51.

Does anyone know definitively what size the pistons are on these Brembos?

Also, probably a dumb question, but assuming I find the piston size, should the seal kit be for the same size or should they be bigger and account for some spacing?
mtado06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
mtado06

mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mtado06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ok, so I finally had some time to disassemble the calipers and took the pistons to get measured. For anyone else interested the piston sizes on the DC5 Type R front Brembo calipers are 40mm for the larger, and 36mm for the smaller piston.

Additionally I ended up purchasing a new seal/boot kit for my Brembos from StopTech. They (seals/boots) are interchangeable with Brembos.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
FLEXdc5

FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I am doing the same. And can not find a rebuild kit for them anywhere!!! And you said you found a kit from Stoptech? did you order them or did you call and order them? If so do you have the link or the phone number?
FLEXdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 11:12 PM   #4
mtado06

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXdc5 View Post
I am doing the same. And can not find a rebuild kit for them anywhere!!! And you said you found a kit from Stoptech? did you order them or did you call and order them? If so do you have the link or the phone number?
The guys at Street Lightz got them for me. Call them up, and make sure you tell them the correct sizes, listed above.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
FLEXdc5

FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLEXdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
how much did they cost you?
and do you have there number?
Old 11-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #6
FLEXdc5

also do you know the size for the rear brembos? or they the same as the stock?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
mtado06

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEXdc5 View Post
also do you know the size for the rear brembos? or they the same as the stock?
http://www.streetlightz.com/

Rear is same as USDM
Old 11-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #8
FLEXdc5

Thats what I was thinking.
I am also going to try my local Honda dealer tomorrow because I get a discount through them from my shop.
Old 11-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #9
javiipod

javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx javiipod is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey bro,

the 36mm/40mm from Stoptech works well or not?

I find on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36mm-40mm-St...tTwB~z&vxp=mtr

I need for dc5 brembo calipers. Not sure is work like Genuine honda.
javiipod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 10:29 PM   #10
Sadukar09

Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by javiipod View Post
Hey bro,

the 36mm/40mm from Stoptech works well or not?

I find on ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/36mm-40mm-St...tTwB~z&vxp=mtr

I need for dc5 brembo calipers. Not sure is work like Genuine honda.
Why don't you buy OEM?

http://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlis...ig=B&fig1=2201

https://www.amayama.com/en/search?q=01463-S6M-J51+
^$15 USD cheaper, and I have used them twice with great service.
Sadukar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #11
Mavyb73

Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mavyb73 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Any other place to buy them
Mavyb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:58 AM   #12
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
It should be the same caliper for the 350Z and Subaru STI Brembos.

Edit: WRX STi Brembo uses 44/40 front pistons and 36mm rear pistons.

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 09-19-2016 at 10:04 AM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 04:02 PM   #13
EG6RSX
New Old BB6

EG6RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Anybody know the piston legnth? I scratched one of the 36mm pistons pulling it and need to order a replacement. ��
EG6RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:39 AM   #14
Rsx1206
NvUS East Coast

Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Hey Guys. Bringing this thread back to see if I can get a simple answer. Is there supposed to be a flat seal that goes between the two halves of the caliper (for the hole the transfers brake fluid between halves)? I'm getting some seepage from between the two halves. I know some brembo sets do but no sure if the dc5r ones use them.

Last edited by Rsx1206; 02-07-2019 at 07:41 AM..
Rsx1206 is offline   Reply With Quote