AUTO to MANUAL (K20A3) 6-SPEED Transmission swap - Page 8 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #176
typeflex
Master Member

typeflex is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I didnt read this in the op's initial post.

Are the automatic and manual subframes the same?
typeflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2018, 10:22 PM   #177
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by typeflex View Post
I didnt read this in the op's initial post.

Are the automatic and manual subframes the same?
I believe they are, but they have different part numbers. You shouldnít have to swap sub frames though for a tranny swap. The other threads on here never mentioned having to replace it. Itís the tranny mounting rail you have to worry about.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=543224
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 11:29 PM   #178
jessepesc

jessepesc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
doing this now...can anyone tell me how they put the top bolt into the firewall for clutch pedal...i know there are two from the CMC but there is also one on the top of pedal assembly...do i tap a hole with threads and put the new bolt in? how did everyone else do it?
jessepesc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #179
Dgalandie

Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessepesc View Post
doing this now...can anyone tell me how they put the top bolt into the firewall for clutch pedal...i know there are two from the CMC but there is also one on the top of pedal assembly...do i tap a hole with threads and put the new bolt in? how did everyone else do it?
There is 3 holes to drill for your clutch pedal install. One large hole for the actual cylinder. Then two smaller holes to actually bolt the cylinder in place. The master cylinder bolts up to the other side to hold everything in place.
Dgalandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #180
EP3A2
Master Member

EP3A2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgalandie View Post
There is 3 holes to drill for your clutch pedal install. One large hole for the actual cylinder. Then two smaller holes to actually bolt the cylinder in place. The master cylinder bolts up to the other side to hold everything in place.
I tried messaging you but it say's you can't get responses for some reason. Anyways, So yea, my swap was pretty straight forward (with all the necessary parts). I put a k24a2 in it btw.

One issue I had when it was fully installed was that it would not start, not getting fuel. I had to rig up the power wire to the fuel pumps and custom make a plug for the chassis/floor harness. Other than that, it was good.

I'm using kpro at the moment. Also, my car is currently down, skipped timing. Still unsure of what is gonna happen next.

Lemme know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks
Old 02-08-2019, 12:01 PM   #181
Dgalandie

Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dgalandie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by EP3A2 View Post
I tried messaging you but it say's you can't get responses for some reason. Anyways, So yea, my swap was pretty straight forward (with all the necessary parts). I put a k24a2 in it btw.

One issue I had when it was fully installed was that it would not start, not getting fuel. I had to rig up the power wire to the fuel pumps and custom make a plug for the chassis/floor harness. Other than that, it was good.

I'm using kpro at the moment. Also, my car is currently down, skipped timing. Still unsure of what is gonna happen next.

Lemme know if you have any specific questions.

Thanks
Thanks for the reply, I will look into my message settings. Did you use stock 02 type s wiring harness? I have my premium auto fully converted to type s. It is at the mechanics shop and i wanted to put in a kpro or any ecu software to allow the mechanic to finish up without having the car towed. I swapped motor, full interior including the type s dash. My transmission is however from an 05-06 so still have to fix my vss signal on top of everything else.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:35 PM   #182
EP3A2
Master Member

EP3A2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, I will look into my message settings. Did you use stock 02 type s wiring harness? I have my premium auto fully converted to type s. It is at the mechanics shop and i wanted to put in a kpro or any ecu software to allow the mechanic to finish up without having the car towed. I swapped motor, full interior including the type s dash. My transmission is however from an 05-06 so still have to fix my vss signal on top of everything else.
What are you gonna use for the VSS signal? I used the Dakota Converter for my 08 si trans. I used all 02 Type S wiring harnesses. Definitely get that Kpro, it will help make the process easier so you don't have to get the dealer involved like I did for my first swap.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #183
ryaano18
Wiring is <3

ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
With just the CMC bolts to the pedal, itís not secure enough imo. The auto firewall does not have a mount position for the third pedal. What I did was weld a mounting tab and ran and a bolt and but to secure it to the chassis
ryaano18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:55 PM   #184
Dgalandie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EP3A2 View Post
What are you gonna use for the VSS signal? I used the Dakota Converter for my 08 si trans. I used all 02 Type S wiring harnesses. Definitely get that Kpro, it will help make the process easier so you don't have to get the dealer involved like I did for my first swap.
I heard nothing but positive for Dakota Digital so will be going that route also. Its also the cheapest option I could find- which I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post
With just the CMC bolts to the pedal, itís not secure enough imo. The auto firewall does not have a mount position for the third pedal. What I did was weld a mounting tab and ran and a bolt and but to secure it to the chassis
The auto firewall is identical to any it just doesn't have the holes drilled.. I just did this all last week
Old 02-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #185
ryaano18
Wiring is <3

ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryaano18 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

The auto firewall is identical to any it just doesn't have the holes drilled.. I just did this all last week
It is only identical to where the CMC mount is machined but not drilled. There is no top mounting bracket for the 3rd bolt hole on the clutch pedal to bolt to though, only the 2 side holes on the pedal which is not sufficient enough over time, especially for those with high pressure clutches
Old 02-08-2019, 07:50 PM   #186
jessepesc

Quote:
It is only identical to where the CMC mount is machined but not drilled. There is no top mounting bracket for the 3rd bolt hole on the clutch pedal to bolt to though, only the 2 side holes on the pedal which is not sufficient enough over time, especially for those with high pressure clutches
yes thats why i was asking what others did i guess i will find i way to secure the pedal with all bolts...i wonder if i can cut a small hole into the top side of firewall and run the bolt straight through top on clutch pedal assembly to a nut on the top side of firewall...
Old 02-08-2019, 07:52 PM   #187
jessepesc

Quote:
you didnt notice the hole in the top of the clutch pedal assembly? the factory mounting points are cmc and the top to the firewall...
Old 02-09-2019, 01:38 AM   #188
ryaano18
Wiring is <3

Quote:
you didnt notice the hole in the top of the clutch pedal assembly? the factory mounting points are cmc and the top to the firewall...
yea I was agreeing with you lol

in a couple posts above I mentioned that I welded a mounting bracket and then put a nut and bolt to mount. But my dash is also gutted so it was not hard to do it. Another option to avoid welding would be to drill a hole through the firewall, use a pop rivet (m6x1.0 thread should do the trick) and then put a thick spacer/standoff between the gap of the pedal and firewall and viola
Old 02-09-2019, 06:53 PM   #189
jessepesc

Quote:
yea I was agreeing with you lol

in a couple posts above I mentioned that I welded a mounting bracket and then put a nut and bolt to mount. But my dash is also gutted so it was not hard to do it. Another option to avoid welding would be to drill a hole through the firewall, use a pop rivet (m6x1.0 thread should do the trick) and then put a thick spacer/standoff between the gap of the pedal and firewall and viola
yeah no doubt man my dash is out right now too so im gunna fab something up for sure.