D.I.Y. Shorty Header Install with pics - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #26
Wek Sos
Super Master Member

Wek Sos gets around and is known
Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known Wek Sos gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.situ View Post
How much was the gasket?
ive used my same gasket on 2 different test pipes, and 2 different downpipes and it still works perfect. as long as its not visibly destroyed or mangled you should be able to re use it.
2000 Audi S4-Sold
2000 Honda S2000-Sold
2003 Acura RSX Type S-Sold
Wek Sos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 03:40 PM   #27
Gamerdude1360
You know what it is

Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gamerdude1360 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I just bought another OEM one.

I am a little worried about the way it all bolted down. There seems to be no slack now from the downpipe to the exhaust like there used to be. It looks as though the connection to the header holds more of the tension than the rubber hangar on the downpipe. Is this safe/ok?
Gamerdude1360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
De Moonlight

De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx De Moonlight is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerdude1360 View Post
Yep. Got mine today, just waiting on the new donut gasket. I was a little disappointed to find no new header to block gasket came with it. I wonder if I should replace the bolts and nuts also.
Just did this install myself. I would highly recommend replacing the spring bolts and the gasket by the down pipe especially if you have 02-04 a few more years of wear and tear. Other than that great right up.

a question I did have was what should you use to replace the stock heat shield? won't it get to hot?

Other than that great right up!
De Moonlight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-05-2011, 10:41 PM   #29
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by De Moonlight View Post
Just did this install myself. I would highly recommend replacing the spring bolts and the gasket by the down pipe especially if you have 02-04 a few more years of wear and tear. Other than that great right up.

a question I did have was what should you use to replace the stock heat shield? won't it get to hot?

Other than that great right up!
You don't need a heat shield.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #30
ebvillas

ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
For anyone with the DC Shorty Header, were you able to screw into the third hole on the header flange that meets up with the cat? The spring bolt holes lined up fine, but the bracket for the third hole is about half an inch off...
ebvillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:29 AM   #31
Gnomeaga

Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yea I screwed it in but it effected the rest of my exhaust, it was hitting the frame of the car so I had to make adjustments
Gnomeaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #32
ebvillas

ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ebvillas is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm having the same problem as Gnomeaga. Most times when I start the car I hear a metal clanging sound. I've isolated the problem to the stock muffler area. Any ideas on how to fix this?
ebvillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #33
Gnomeaga

Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Gnomeaga is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I didn't hang the exhaust from the the stock hangers, I sorta ghetto rigged it so I didn't hear it hitting, I'm going to switch the header for a full race header, I had the money but I got a deal on a seibin cf Hood that I couldn't pass up
Gnomeaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:33 PM   #34
dan84

dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dan84 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
anyone know if changing the header will it still pass smog test?

Last edited by dan84; 01-31-2012 at 02:38 PM..
dan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #35
Luis28
LowKeyDC5

Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Luis28 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamerdude1360 View Post
Yep. Got mine today, just waiting on the new donut gasket. I was a little disappointed to find no new header to block gasket came with it. I wonder if I should replace the bolts and nuts also.
dude where did you buy your gasket at???....its hard to find one...let me know asap
Luis28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #36
iThinkImJoey
CRSX Seen better days

iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore iThinkImJoey is a hardcore rep whore
Garage
how many pounds should I torque the Spring bolts to?
Old 05-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #37
noorizer

noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx noorizer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
too bad the pictures aren't up anymore.
noorizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 03:12 PM   #38
boogaloot

boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx boogaloot is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by noorizer View Post
too bad the pictures aren't up anymore.
ya do we have updated pics for this?
boogaloot is offline   Reply With Quote