*Chat* Coilovers and Suspensions, Discuss and Ask All Related Questions in Here - Page 9 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-13-2016, 04:14 PM   #201
Domo209

Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Domo209 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
was wondering which struts fit skunk2 coilover sleeves besides the stocks. i was looking to get some koni yellows but not 100% sure theyre gonna fit. thanks in advance
Domo209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #202
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Kind of a suspension story. What do you all do for alignments? I'm lowered and barely get on the alignment rack as it is, but i'm about to add a front lip which will definitely screw that up. Do i just remove my front bumper every time I need an alignment?
Cons: Your car can blow up

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
"Beating a Dead Horse Crew " Member #1
G3min1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #203
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
lol how low are you? I'm in SoCal so there's a bunch of alignment shops that can handle lowered cars going up the rack with wooden planks. Or I just know some of my dirt nasty low friends take off their bumper

Pham's 6spd Base | IG: peterrpham
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2017, 02:45 PM   #204
G3min1
Curious Gooner

G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road G3min1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
I have about a one to two finger gap all the way around. but I have no clue how far i am from the ground. As for alignment shops are you talking about places like firestone, etc. or actual custom shops?

Supercharger Pros: You get that distinctive supercharger whine going down the street.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:52 AM   #205
gabo_s13
Cone Killer

gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3min1 View Post
Kind of a suspension story. What do you all do for alignments? I'm lowered and barely get on the alignment rack as it is, but i'm about to add a front lip which will definitely screw that up. Do i just remove my front bumper every time I need an alignment?
Try finding a shop that has a rack that's flush to the ground. I'm at 1 finger gap with the sti v-lip and had no problems getting the car on the rack.
facebook.com/gnphotography08
gabo_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:48 AM   #206
G3min1
Curious Gooner

Garage
Yeah that's the problem haha finding a gap. When i was in Nashville (bigger city) I found a old shot where I just drove straight on, and the person working was in the ground. But since then I have not found a shop that has a set up like that one.

Old 03-03-2017, 07:26 PM   #207
Joseee

Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joseee is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Hey guys, I'm new to the club I've been having my rsx for a while now and I've been thinking about coilovers. Tein coilovers doesn't seem bad. Any others I could check out?
I want a smooth ride. I have a stock body and I wanna know if a 3" drop will look good on it.
It's an rsx 2002.
Thank you!!
Joseee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:57 AM   #208
dc5newbie

dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5newbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Are there such things as kw v3 for the RSX?
dc5newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:15 PM   #209
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseee View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to the club I've been having my rsx for a while now and I've been thinking about coilovers. Tein coilovers doesn't seem bad. Any others I could check out?
I want a smooth ride. I have a stock body and I wanna know if a 3" drop will look good on it.
It's an rsx 2002.
Thank you!!
been using ksports for years, does the job very well. you can look into those, but if you can i would say get tein...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5newbie View Post
Are there such things as kw v3 for the RSX?
doesn't look like there is one on their website
Zombie Eradication Team Member #27

HASK Infamous Anime Crew Viet Crew CRSX Mod Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by White_02
I'm surprised you even drink coffee

With it being black and all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
AzianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #210
Shorty15c4

Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Shorty15c4 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Does any one have any pictures of the rear lower control arms by Kseries installed on their RSX? They look great in the picture but they look too dark, not sure if you'll be able to notice them while under the car.

They got one review on kseriesparts but of course no pictures.

Kseries LCA

Thanks,
Old 04-06-2018, 11:29 PM   #211
kraven

kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kraven is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
are pillow mounts interchangeable? I think I have a faulty pillow bearing in my right top mount. I am planning to replace my top mounts. The problem is I do not know the brand of my coilovers. Can I use any mounts to replace the broken one?
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:43 AM   #212
TRedel

TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRedel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Anyone have experience with two way adjustable coilovers? Megan spec RS, BC ER, D2 GT.
TRedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #213
WADEWADE

WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Tein

Hey guys what are the differences between the tein basis and the tein advanced coilovers?
WADEWADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 02:32 PM   #214
AzianK
Modelrator

AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList AzianK needs to visit eHarmony.com or at least the hook up section on CraigsList
Quote:
Originally Posted by WADEWADE View Post
Hey guys what are the differences between the tein basis and the tein advanced coilovers?
16 way damping adjustments

Quote:

Quote:
khoa would throw the whole viet crew into oncoming traffic if a white girl asked him to.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:25 PM   #215
WADEWADE

WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx WADEWADE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
is that worth the extra money?
WADEWADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #216
AzianK
Modelrator

Quote:
it is up to you buddy. are you the type to have something and just use it or going to be messing with the damping quite often to get the advanced? most people use it right out of the box which are set to about the middle and they say it feels just fine. now you may want to have it more one way or another so you could adjust it (more than once) to get it just right.

if i were to get one, i would go for the street advanced just in case i want to change something down the road. it also doesn't seem to be a huge difference in price...

with the advanced, setting it to 0 would be the stiffest and 16 would be softest. you get the ability to set it anywhere between for that feel you want.

totally up to you man

Quote:

Quote:
Old 06-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #217
AzianK
Modelrator

Quote:
now if i were to truly buy a tein product, i would go for a mono tube design and pillowball mounts. you don't have to use your used top hats since they come with new ones when you get the coilovers

if you want to know what mono tube is, read here for tons of info

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1021346

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-14-2019, 03:12 PM   #218
gpbruner

gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx gpbruner is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What’s up everyone. I just got some used Broadway Static 500s and the rears didn’t come with upper mounts. I’m wondering if I can use my oem upper mounts? I have an 04 type s and the guy I bought them from had an 05-06.
gpbruner is offline   Reply With Quote