Exhaust questions - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-18-2019, 11:19 PM   #1
laurensisk0

laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Exhaust questions

Okay so I might sound confusing but I got a few questions to ask. First off I have a 04 base RSX, when I bought the car the exhaust pipe had a hole in it for the 2nd O2 sensor. I do not have a catalytic converter. Well my exhaust is broke and I need help on what to buy. So my question is... What do i need to buy in order to still pass inspection in NC... What exhaust? Because every exhaust Ive seen on Google doesnt have a hole in the pipe for my 2nd 02 sensor and I NEED that!
laurensisk0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2019, 11:44 PM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Every exhaust system you’re looking at doesn’t have a sensor bung because it doesn’t go there. The secondary is placed immediately after the cat. You can get a test pipe (if you’re running a factory or short header), or a race header in place of the cat. If you need to have the secondary installed, I’m assuming that means emissions inspection as well. If that is the case, you need a cat. You’d have to check your county and state laws to know for sure.

I don’t recommend getting a race header if you don’t have a tuneable ecu.

Last edited by mfarmakas17; 09-18-2019 at 11:46 PM..
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What exactly is your current exhaust setup? I can't tell if you're saying you have a stock exhaust system that's missing some pieces, or it's an aftermarket system with a test pipe/cat delete. Are you wanting a performance exhaust at the same time, or is getting the system back to stock functionality your only concern? Because I just ordered a new direct-fit cat for my stock exhaust system that will have the bungs for both O2 sensors:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-53583

There are a couple gaskets you also have to buy separately for it, if you click on the Applications tab in the link.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
laurensisk0

laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laurensisk0 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
When I bought the car it had a short header, test pipe with the holes and the rest of the exhaust. Im really just looking for what exhaust is going to fit along with the test pipe. I was considering getting a race header and an exhaust from kseries.com because my exhaust sounds like shit anyways..so my question now is will a type s exhaust fit on my base? I'm going to be doing some mods on my base even though it won't make it as good as the type s.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
laurensisk0

I don't have a cat and don't plan on getting one either. I just dont want to buy seperate pieces ( test pipe and exhaust) for them not to fit.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:02 PM   #6
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
If you want any Type S-specific aftermarket exhaust parts, then the whole system has to be converted to Type S spec. It's all the same, as far as bolting up to the head and the routing out to the bumper exit. The difference is only in the pipe diameter. So if you want a cat-back that's for a Type S, you would need a header and test pipe that are also for a Type S. It's all Base, or all Type S, mix-matching doesn't work without custom fab work.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:09 PM   #7
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You need to find out what you have currently, or just get a whole new setup. The Type S has a larger selection to choose from.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote