The Ohio Chat, It will be cold again before this closes - Page 26 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > REGIONAL RSX > United States RSX > Mid West
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-02-2019, 09:14 PM   #626
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by InitialDougie View Post
get her in there Rick, love to see you AXing the RSX!
Sat was rough... I'm still way over-driving the car. Last in my class lol, but there was only a 30 person turnout soooo the only people showing up were total regulars, only for in D and 2 of the 4 are typically 3-4 seconds ahead of everyone else.

However since there was only 4 cars, I still earn 4th place points for the season which will be a nice bump. lmao
TheRickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2019, 08:06 AM   #627
yoon
ジェームズ

yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by piller View Post
Sorry. I looked into it. Itís the cb1000r. It has a lot of customization from factory and you can get it as a naked or a cafe. What kind of bike do you have yoon? I checked out the mt07 mt09 as well as a couple others when I picked up my first
VT1100
MT-07
Grom

none of them have any protection from the wind. however the grom doesn't go fast enough to matter so...lol
yoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 06:54 AM   #628
theporschephile
Master Member

theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member theporschephile is a glorious c-rsx member
morning folks
theporschephile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 07:49 AM   #629
yoon
ジェームズ

yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though yoon is cool, not as cool as some though
almost 2 weeks of no posts. figured the thread had just gone away lol
Old 09-16-2019, 12:07 PM   #630
piller
04 NHBP-S

piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon View Post
VT1100
MT-07
Grom

none of them have any protection from the wind. however the grom doesn't go fast enough to matter so...lol
Yup. Idk why I didnít get an mt07. So many people talked so much hype about the r3 as a starter. And Iím glad I got it. I wasnít nearly to the point of dragging knee around corners. In the Houston bike group a lady that had a brand new r3 had the same issue as me and died. The brakes have no feel and sometimes they are either 0% or 100%. Add in the pen tires that are not suited for a sport bike and the wheels lock up under braking way too easily. I locked up my back tire at least 5 times with very little braking pressure. This lady who died last week locked up her front tire and it threw her down into oncoming traffic
piller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 07:36 AM   #631
yoon
ジェームズ

i think the r3 is too new, i've only heard of everyone saying to get a ninja 250 or 300 as a first bike. the weather in ohio isn't great so not too many good riding days as Texas. i've had to pull off the highway a few times because it was too cold and even wearing a few layers, i was shivering. and it's not even that cold yet but early morning ride to work can be brutal sometimes
Old 09-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #632
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Possibly running DSP at traders world Sunday. :3 Depends on how I feel when leaving Radwood in Detroit on Saturday.
TheRickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 09:44 PM   #633
piller
04 NHBP-S

piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though piller is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
i think the r3 is too new, i've only heard of everyone saying to get a ninja 250 or 300 as a first bike. the weather in ohio isn't great so not too many good riding days as Texas. i've had to pull off the highway a few times because it was too cold and even wearing a few layers, i was shivering. and it's not even that cold yet but early morning ride to work can be brutal sometimes
Yeah the r3 years are 2015-present I believe. I had a 106. The girl who died had a 19 which supposedly had some better components but the same shitty brakes and tires. The rest of the bike is super solid and tons of people here praise them as the beginner bike for the street then retire it as a track bike because itís so like and cheap to work on

I rode mine through the Texas winter here which included 40 degrees and rain a couple times. I only had a vented leather jacket and jeans and mesh vented gloves. Besides my legs freezing the worst part was the back of my neck up into my helmet surprisingly. Yeah it was cold. I put 7k miles on mine in 10 months and my commute was maybe 10 miles lol. So you could say I rode all year eveeywhere. Rain or shine

When I move back to Indy Iíll be prepared for the weather changes. But I wonít be one of the idiots trying to ride in the snow
Old 09-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #634
yoon
ジェームズ

i won't ride if it's 40 lol. i've found 55 is as low as i'll go. my commute is about an hour with traffic. i have a comfy car i can take, not going to freeze to death on purpose
Old 09-18-2019, 02:31 PM   #635
piller
04 NHBP-S

Well I rode mine even when cold because it was faster during the Houston rush hour which I was stuck in both ways. Hell I rode an hour to micro center on Black Friday with it because I was not going to get stuck on the highway in traffic. I enjoyed faulting it. I should be getting released from disability in the next couple months and I’m undecided if I want another. On one hand I miss the brotherhood of it. And the car scene has gone to shit imo. The legal meets seem to be all American car clubs. I just don’t want to die on a bike. If I don’t get another bike I’m going to start building a k20 and piecing together stuff slowly to go turbo.
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #636
yoon
ジェームズ

when you say it's faster, is it because you are splitting lanes? or just easier to weave in and out of traffic?
Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM   #637
piller
04 NHBP-S

Quote:
when you say it's faster, is it because you are splitting lanes? or just easier to weave in and out of traffic?
I never really split lanes except on 1 road in front of my house. Because the traffic would get backed up like 30 minutes to 1 stop light then it cleared after that. On the bike I could just get around cars easier rather than be stuck behind them

So the tropical storm is hitting Houston right now. I got stuck out in it with my rsx and the roads flooded. I drove it home somehow. At one point the water was over the front of my hood. When I got home I opened the hood and everything is soaked. Good thing I didnít hydrolock. But either way I have coverage for flooding
Old Today, 07:35 AM   #638
yoon
ジェームズ

the person that purchased my old sti flooded it. it sold for auction in indiana for 3200 bucks afterwards.....