Diy Shift Boot Collar/Adapter For $2.50 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-30-2014, 12:17 AM   #1
illestDan

illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx illestDan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Diy Shift Boot Collar/Adapter For $2.50

For anyone who's running a custom shift boot or any non-oem boot an can't find a collar that fits flush. Not being able to find one was driving me nuts as I assume many of you lol. I decided to come up with my own since I couldn't seem to find any I liked (Yes I am 100% sure some company out there makes a collar similar to this and maybe with some more browsing i could have found it but whatever I couldn't at the moment and like I said before it only cost me $2.50 to make ). I recently posted a few pics on facebook and many of yous showed intrest so here goes the diy on how to make one for yourself hope this helps. If you manage to refine the design drop a picture below id love to see your versions

ShiftBoot Collar-> http://s36.photobucket.com/user/iLLESTDan/library/ <-ShiftBoot Collar

Supplies Needed:
- 1 Vitamin Water Bottle
- 1 Coke Bottle
- Utility Knife/Box Cutter
- Scissors
- Gorilla glue or Equivalent
- Sand Paper Any Grit 600 and over but under 1000 (For Painting Prep)
-Choice of Paint I used Black Krylon Fusion

I had all this laying around minus the two bottles thus me only spending $2.50 on two drinks lol

Link To Step By Step
http://youtu.be/ZC3CSNcDoz8

Before painting i recomend thoroghly wet sanding with any paper from grit 600-1000 then Apply 4-5 even coats of paint.

Hope this helps!!

Any questions just ask!

Last edited by illestDan; 09-30-2014 at 12:20 AM..
illestDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
fatso666

fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looks good. What i did was to put a zip tie under the boot to make the boot always together with the knob.
(2004 to 2006) 1993 Honda Civic SI Blue
(2006 to 2008) 1994 Acura Integra DC2 White
(2009 Forever) 2003 Acura RSX Type S NHBP
fatso666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 04:17 AM   #3
tehlulz
Broke College Student

tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I just used a zip tie and some electrical tape. I'll probably get an adapter when I get a better shift knob and boot.
tehlulz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #4
Jade17.tr@gmail.co

Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jade17.tr@gmail.co is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Wondering if I can use the zip tie method on my oem shifter boot in my ep3?!
Jade17.tr@gmail.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:32 AM   #5
GraceNoah

GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I really like the information shared. . .
GraceNoah is offline   Reply With Quote