Track *Chat* Part III - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Auto X & Road Racing
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-29-2016, 10:13 PM   #76
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
You can always change the spring perches and lock collars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2016, 11:27 PM   #77
warmmilk
Fat Free

warmmilk is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
They don't bug me enough to actually spend money on it... besides, I don't even know where I'd buy something like that. Pretty sure it's something I'd need to get custom made to have all the right diameters and thread pitch. And that sounds way to expensive
warmmilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 10:51 AM   #78
ispoondc5
Spooning on you!

ispoondc5 is on a distinguished road ispoondc5 is on a distinguished road
sold

Last edited by ispoondc5; 12-06-2016 at 07:46 AM..
ispoondc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #79
Xander
Stupid Long Manatees

Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though Xander is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by elitezdc5 View Post
if anyone needs a steering hub, lmk

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1222633
I'll take it
Old 12-01-2016, 07:30 AM   #80
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Koopa Troopa might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmmilk View Post
They don't bug me enough to actually spend money on it... besides, I don't even know where I'd buy something like that. Pretty sure it's something I'd need to get custom made to have all the right diameters and thread pitch. And that sounds way to expensive
The thread pitch is typically generic. Get a pitch gauge.

http://www.hypercoils.com/mph/tech-t...ch-dimensions/
http://www.traxxion.com/Shock-Preload-Collar-Ohlins/
http://store.resuspension.com/produc...roductid=19002
https://www.afcodynapro.com/AFCO/412707502

^ not for your particular shocks, but just using as an example. Just gotta measure your stuff and you'll be able to find something better much easier.

Think in circle track terminology. They're not coilover collars, but threaded shock adjustment nuts, or coilover spring perches, threaded shock perch, coilover adjuster. Stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitezdc5 View Post
if anyone needs a steering hub, lmk

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1222633
That is one awesome seat. Now that you've had it for awhile, how are you liking it?

Last edited by Koopa Troopa; 12-01-2016 at 07:33 AM..
Koopa Troopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:39 PM   #81
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa Troopa View Post
The thread pitch is typically generic. Get a pitch gauge.

http://www.hypercoils.com/mph/tech-t...ch-dimensions/
http://www.traxxion.com/Shock-Preload-Collar-Ohlins/
http://store.resuspension.com/produc...roductid=19002
https://www.afcodynapro.com/AFCO/412707502

^ not for your particular shocks, but just using as an example. Just gotta measure your stuff and you'll be able to find something better much easier.

Think in circle track terminology. They're not coilover collars, but threaded shock adjustment nuts, or coilover spring perches, threaded shock perch, coilover adjuster. Stuff like that.

That is one awesome seat. Now that you've had it for awhile, how are you liking it?
the afco one looks promising, but doesn't look to have much of a spring seat on it, just a lock nut...

I know the hypercoil hydralic spring seat is really where its at, but it expensive and I hear it doesn't do well in dusty/dirty conditions. given that I live on a gravel road, thats pretty much out.

either way, like I said before, it doesn't bug me enough to actually spend money on it...

PS.
I'm gonna buy one of those seats for my miata, the one I have is a bit too hardcore, sucks on the street
Old 12-01-2016, 09:32 PM   #82
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

I thought you bought the OMP WRC?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #83
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
I thought you bought the OMP WRC?
I have the cheap version of the WRC, basically the WRC wrapped in cheaper material and doesn't come with a butt pad (which I bought separately. The part that sucks on the street are the side bolsters that are so tall. on the ARS they angle down to the end of the seat, on the WRC/FIRST they stay tall all the way to the end. makes long drives hard cause I can't move my legs around... so I wanna get the ARS cause it'll solve that problem... and it looks a bit nicer
Old 12-02-2016, 07:15 AM   #84
ispoondc5
Spooning on you!

ispoondc5 is on a distinguished road ispoondc5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

lol.

on long road trips, it sucks after awhile. my butt starts to hurt, feels like sitting on a rock. but on short trips if i take my car to the store, its comfy. at the track, its awesome. i didn't move or slide one bit. it held me throughout all the corners. so overall its a 9 out of 10.
ispoondc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:54 PM   #85
Copafeel87

Copafeel87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I drove my RSX with my OMP WRC 11 hours each way to Road Atlanta for Gridlife. Surprisingly, not as bad as I thought it was going to be.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:38 PM   #86
warmmilk
Fat Free

I couldn't imagine driving 11 hours in my seat... maybe its a bit easier in the RSX since there's more room in general. its pretty tight in the miata, I can't even squeeze my right leg between the steering wheel and the seat, haha (and yes, it's slightly off center to make room for the belt buckle
Old 12-02-2016, 04:10 PM   #87
Copafeel87

Quote:
I couldn't imagine driving 11 hours in my seat... maybe its a bit easier in the RSX since there's more room in general. its pretty tight in the miata, I can't even squeeze my right leg between the steering wheel and the seat, haha (and yes, it's slightly off center to make room for the belt buckle
It is definitely more comfortable than a Miata haha. I think it may even be more comfortable than my S2000 with a roll bar.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #88
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copafeel87 View Post
It is definitely more comfortable than a Miata haha. I think it may even be more comfortable than my S2000 with a roll bar.
post pics of your S2k
(I'm feeling a little lonely being the only one invading this thread with not an RSX)
Old 12-03-2016, 09:14 AM   #89
Copafeel87

Quote:
post pics of your S2k
(I'm feeling a little lonely being the only one invading this thread with not an RSX)
Ask and you shall receive

Old pic. I have since lowered the ride height a bit more.
Old 12-03-2016, 11:25 AM   #90
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
The part that sucks on the street are the side bolsters that are so tall.
That's why I sold the WRC I had and put my ARS back in the car. I hated climbing over those damn side bolsters every day.

Quote:
Hey now, I don't have an RSX

I haven't done any long road trips in my seat due to not having enough land mass locally available for a long road trip to happen, but I have done many 8-10 hour long all-nighter canyon carving sessions. Then again, I'm kinda Puerto Rican and all my Puerto Rican genes are located in my ass and hips, so I can get away with minimal cushion. Seriously, my ass would make a Miami bass video girl jealous. That's probably why I love my OMP seat so much. Before I got that seat, I thought it was impossible to have a bucket seat that could accommodate 44" hips and still fit in a Japanese car.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:38 PM   #91
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
That's why I sold the WRC I had and put my ARS back in the car. I hated climbing over those damn side bolsters every day.

Hey now, I don't have an RSX

I haven't done any long road trips in my seat due to not having enough land mass locally available for a long road trip to happen, but I have done many 8-10 hour long all-nighter canyon carving sessions. Then again, I'm kinda Puerto Rican and all my Puerto Rican genes are located in my ass and hips, so I can get away with minimal cushion. Seriously, my ass would make a Miami bass video girl jealous. That's probably why I love my OMP seat so much. Before I got that seat, I thought it was impossible to have a bucket seat that could accommodate 44" hips and still fit in a Japanese car.
Haha, now I'm picturing a Puerto Rican dude with a kardashian ass...

For me the ass and hips are fine even though I don't have a 44" kardashian ass, it's just the side bolesters that don't allow me to move my legs around enough
Old 12-03-2016, 05:39 PM   #92
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Ask and you shall receive

Old pic. I have since lowered the ride height a bit more.
Looks sweet! I wanted to get an s2k, but then I cheaped out and got a Miata..
Old 12-04-2016, 05:09 AM   #93
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Well, I'm back to being broke. Just bought three Defi gauges, 245/40/17 R1Rs, 4 rotors, and rear pads. Still have to Christmas shop, fix my car for the up coming inspection, and renew the inspection. In February I have my kid's birthday and car insurance up for renewal. Why do people like this time of the year again?

Really didn't want to buy the Defis, but if they help me save an engine, then I guess it was worth it. Dude I know just shit an oil pump so now I'm overly paranoid for no reason at all.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:20 PM   #94
Copafeel87

Quote:
Looks sweet! I wanted to get an s2k, but then I cheaped out and got a Miata..
Miata is always the answer, except for S2000.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:24 PM   #95
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
Miata is always the answer, except for S2000.
if only they had a real hard top miata or s2k...
Old 12-05-2016, 04:54 PM   #96
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Quote:
if only they had a real hard top miata or s2k...
They made Miata coupes.

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/sprea...151125002.html

But in your case, it's called an RX8.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:01 PM   #97
warmmilk
Fat Free

Quote:
They made Miata coupes.

http://www.goo-net.com/usedcar/sprea...151125002.html

But in your case, it's called an RX8.
dude! thats awesome!

if only the RX8 had a normal engine... There's a shop working on a V6 swap (out of a 5th gen camaro), if that happens I might make the switch. My suspension and brake mods will swap right over. and there are tons of them around with blown engines for really cheap
Old 12-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #98
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

May or may not red x

Old 12-10-2016, 05:58 AM   #99
Koopa Troopa
Master Member

Lame, second gear is now second neutral.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:15 AM   #100
Copafeel87

Quote:
May or may not red x

Nice new toys