Comptech Supercharger thread - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2004, 11:27 PM   #76
SiK LiL pLaYa
!!!Master Member!!!

SiK LiL pLaYa is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarobata
Though the dealer might charge alot for install, you'll probably end up saving what you lost in installation with warranty repairs plus you get the peace of mind so it seems like a good deal to me. If you install it at a shop and your engine blows you're going to regret not spending that extra couple hundred bucks on the dealer install.
if you do have it installed at the dealer, yes it would pay off with the warranty repairs. However if you do a boost upgrade that would not be covered under warranty. No one really knows how much power this kit is going to produce although everyone just like me is hoping that it will produce a lot of power. In the event that the CARB legal system does not produce a lot of power then people are obviously going to upgrade the boost on this kit hence due to this upgrade the dealer will not cover warranty. Just my thought on "warranty" subject.

www.kahlers.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2004, 11:31 PM   #77
Sane 007
My butterfly bit me

Sane 007 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
honda dosent use FI in their cars. i dont care what one dealer said. call me a dick but they're not gonna warrenty boost, hell they dont even warrenty springs.

05 G35 6MT, Invidia exhaust,Data system grill,JWT clutch/flyweel,B+M SS,Fully Debaged,RH J5 F19X8.5-R19X10.5
Old 08-12-2004, 11:33 PM   #78
SiK LiL pLaYa
!!!Master Member!!!

SiK LiL pLaYa is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Actually some dealers do deal with comptech parts. If they deal with comptech parts and you have them install it, then they will cover your car under warranty. However this does not mean that if you get it installed at one acura dealer the other one will cover warranty on it. There are a lot of acura dealers that do not deal with comptech at all. These dealers will not cover anything under warranty.

www.kahlers.com

Old 08-13-2004, 12:01 AM   #79
alphaSSmale

alphaSSmale is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
If they are just going to make a CARB legal kit then I dont see how it is going to make a whole lotta power. I mean they would have to keep the stock injectors and that is going to be the biggest power limiting factor. Of course that doesnt stop anyone from buying aftermarket injectors and using kpro
Old 08-13-2004, 01:30 AM   #80
Extreem RSX
ChemE

Extreem RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaSSmale
If they are just going to make a CARB legal kit then I dont see how it is going to make a whole lotta power. I mean they would have to keep the stock injectors and that is going to be the biggest power limiting factor. Of course that doesnt stop anyone from buying aftermarket injectors and using kpro
I'm pretty sure once it will be released it will be CARB legal and probably make some sufficient power because it won't have the stock injectors for sure. There is no way the stock injectors can handle any amount of boost very well (saying the duty cycle would probably be maxed out). The RSX is already a very low emission vehicle and even if they took off the cat it would probably still pass. The only thing you really have to worry about when your CARB laws apply in your state is the paper work and when they do the emission testing. I have talked to all the cops in my small town of 25,000 and they have no real concept of what to look for when a car isn't CARB legal in the first place. The Greddy kit is seeking CARB approval very soon and they don't use the stock fuel injectors. The biggest power limiting factor for people in California like me is the exhaust, legality, and the emission testing. Im sure their kit will pass just like Greddy's.

Last edited by Extreem RSX; 08-13-2004 at 01:32 AM..
Old 08-13-2004, 01:34 AM   #81
Hapa DC5
Master Member

Hapa DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
one dealer offered a jrsc upgrade package with their gsrs when my buddy bought his back in like 2000 they warrantied their work. a lot of honda/acura dealers jumped on the comptech dc sports bandwagon and offer those brands as aftermarket upgrades for their cars...
Old 08-13-2004, 01:37 AM   #82
alphaSSmale

alphaSSmale is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My understanding of the CARB laws is that it is illegal to install anything larger then the stock injector size but I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm?
Old 08-13-2004, 01:48 AM   #83
Extreem RSX
ChemE

Quote:
My understanding of the CARB laws is that it is illegal to install anything larger then the stock injector size but I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm?
As long as it passes CARB emission testing its legal. I can gaurantee when someone looks under the hood such as a cop they are going to notice the supercharger or turbo first rather than the injectors. Im sure they would rather hassle you over that than the injectors. Thats just me, but if they are not put throught testing they are considered illegal like you said. I know its legal because I know the EPA CARB president for the East Bay and every time I tell him what I will be doing to my car he hassles me all day about it LOL.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:09 AM   #84
Jarobata
Master Member

Jarobata is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I don't know alot about superchargers but I do know that with the JRSC you can add more power with just a new pulley which could be swapped out before looking for warranty repairs. Of course, its a tad more difficult to swap out injectors. At least in my case i'll probably stay under warranty as long as the warranty lasts and the day it expires I'll throw everything comptech has to offer into my car. I much rather have boost while I wait for my warranty to expire as long as it works out for my plans after it expires.
Mods: Comptech Icebox, ITR exhaust manifold, Greddy SP2, Kpro, Rays Engineering Gunmetal G-Games 18's wrapped in Michelin Pilot Sport SP2's, Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC Type II, Ingalls camber kit, EP3R Front Sway, debadge, Alpine CDA-9831, Alpine KCA-420i, CDT CL-61a's powered by Alpine MRV-T420, Dynamat Extreme
Old 08-13-2004, 09:30 AM   #85
conradb212
ECU Tuner

conradb212 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
I am pretty sure larger injectors are not CARB-legal. Here is the pertaining regulation: "Fuel injection systems not listed as replacement parts require an Executive Order to be legal." This is straight from the CARB rulings. And "Executive Order" means what we generally call a "Carb sticker." Here are the official CARB guidelines on aftermarket parts.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
Old 08-13-2004, 11:25 AM   #86
Extreem RSX
ChemE

Quote:
Originally Posted by conradb212
I am pretty sure larger injectors are not CARB-legal. Here is the pertaining regulation: "Fuel injection systems not listed as replacement parts require an Executive Order to be legal." This is straight from the CARB rulings. And "Executive Order" means what we generally call a "Carb sticker." Here are the official CARB guidelines on aftermarket parts.
Yeah thats what I'm saying. Its illegal if not put through the proper testing. If the kit goes through the testing and passes the parts that are included in the kit are considered legal because of the CARB verification. All the kits have to utilize the stock emission hardware, and with the RSX having such a clean burning engine the RSX should have no problem passing with a supercharger or turbocharger.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:40 PM   #87
Black Bird

Black Bird is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Well as much as I don't like it out here in Ne, I don't have emissions testing or nothing. The only thing that is really illegal is having nitrous on.

Also as said above, you can have bigger injectors than stock and still be CARB legal.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:53 PM   #88
redablazin

redablazin is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
subscribing
Old 08-13-2004, 07:55 PM   #89
Sane 007
My butterfly bit me

conradb212 do you know what they're useing for intake? the icebox, cai

05 G35 6MT, Invidia exhaust,Data system grill,JWT clutch/flyweel,B+M SS,Fully Debaged,RH J5 F19X8.5-R19X10.5
Old 08-13-2004, 08:11 PM   #90
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane 007
conradb212 do you know what they're useing for intake? the icebox, cai
The cars I saw used the Icebox. However, mine will use my AEM CAI.
Mods: Stage 3 Comptech SC, AEM CAI, Comptech street header, stock cat, modified stock injectors, Hondata K-Pro, Hondata IMG, Fujitsubo PG catback, cat, 225/45-17 Goodrich G-force Rivals on Kazera rims, Mugen SS, Quaife LSD, CT lightweight flywheel and street clutch, ACT heavy-duty pressure plate, CT rear sway/tie bar and titanium front strut brace, Type-R replica wing, CT short shifter, Auto Meter Sport Comp full-sweep boost gauge. Current results: 290 whp on DynaPack. Web: My RSX and K-Pro page. My Blog: ECU Tuning
Old 08-13-2004, 11:39 PM   #91
Bandit

Bandit is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
soooo.. whats the #s put to the ground? Im too lazy to read all the thread..
Old 08-14-2004, 01:09 PM   #92
EBP-RSX-S
1320 warrior!

EBP-RSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
NO numbers yet
Old 08-16-2004, 09:30 AM   #93
k20a2racer
don't know

k20a2racer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i wanna know how this turns out.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:12 PM   #94
tedmaneight
K-What? K-Pro...

tedmaneight is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
sitting waiting...twidleing thumbs...anxious...Hey conrad so we got about 3 weeks till install? They gunna install it and have you test it or are they gunna do all the tuning on your car? just wondering...
come see me caro: http://members.sounddomain.com/tedmaneight
Old 08-16-2004, 05:36 PM   #95
conradb212
ECU Tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmaneight
sitting waiting...twidleing thumbs...anxious...Hey conrad so we got about 3 weeks till install? They gunna install it and have you test it or are they gunna do all the tuning on your car? just wondering...
I am not sure what they have in mind. They need to calibrate their digital fuel management system, so I assume they'll want to put that in the car first. I'll want to use the K-Pro and likely we'll start out with one of the standard SC maps.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:30 PM   #96
tedmaneight
K-What? K-Pro...

tedmaneight is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
thanks
come see me caro: http://members.sounddomain.com/tedmaneight
Old 08-22-2004, 02:42 AM   #97
EBP-RSX-S
1320 warrior!

bump to the top
Old 08-22-2004, 07:51 AM   #98
EvaUnit01
Friend of Slipknot

EvaUnit01 is on a distinguished road EvaUnit01 is on a distinguished road
Good luck conrad, can you ask them about possible base model projects
Old 08-23-2004, 08:34 PM   #99
Sane 007
My butterfly bit me

does anyone have any pics of the SC on the tsx?

Old 08-24-2004, 01:21 AM   #100
EBP-RSX-S
1320 warrior!

Hey Conrad, is it that time yet lol
Closed Thread