DIY: OEM fog switch to replica harness - Page 10 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #226
BoSsMoN

BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx BoSsMoN might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
This worked great for me! I kept getting annoyed because my whole interior matched except the green rep button. On top of that it wasn't very clear if the fog lights were on or off on the rep switch.
BoSsMoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2014, 05:12 PM   #227
laserplug

laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
When you wired it does it turn on with headlights?
laserplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:02 PM   #228
Grayson

Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Grayson is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have my switched power wired to my power outlet, I can turn them on without the headlamps or city lights being on.
Grayson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #229
themayor

themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx themayor is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
would this wiring method work on an oem cruise control switch to control the fog ligts?
themayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #230
97 GSX 97
I Hate Honda's

97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 97 GSX 97 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by themayor View Post
would this wiring method work on an oem cruise control switch to control the fog ligts?
No the pin out is different.
2002 RSX Type S Laser Blue Turbo
97 GSX 97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:13 PM   #231
RecarosCostTooMuch
.♥

RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe RecarosCostTooMuch No words can describe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltstro View Post
nice DIY! figured out how to do this with 22 gauge female disconnectors. I used shrink wrap around the disconnectors to keep the them from touching metal against metal where they connect with the prongs. It is a tight fir but I got it to work. I also grounded the the 4th and 5th wire together. here is a picture!

did the same thing, wire numbers in the DIY didn't match up so we had to play around with it.
|Broke Student Crew|
|Bitch Crew|
RecarosCostTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:30 AM   #232
Rockstarblech

Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rockstarblech is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Coulnt find the info I need.

I have a 02 RSX and I installed the fogs with these connections....

Grn/Wht
Red
Blck
Red/Blck
Red/Yellow

I didn't see anyone on here having the same plug... What goes where? Lol...

I think they may be the eBay ones. Idk. They included the full harness and switch etc. The popular fogs I guess. I'm assuming you guys are talking about the 0506 fogs.
Rockstarblech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:06 AM   #233
laserplug

laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx laserplug is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quick question where did you get power for the switch and also what size fuses did you use
laserplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:51 PM   #234
fatalist07801
Whats next after K-Series

fatalist07801 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
help please

Can someone help me, sorry bring up old thread. I can't seem to get my oem switch to work with this eBay wire harness.

EBay switch, blk ground, red/yellow wire is on/off. Push in the switch it gets power. When it's not, it has no power. Both red and red/blk get constant power When car is on. How would I wire this to the own switch please help. I tried and failed numberous times.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0524151844.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	613.7 KB
ID:	475306  
fatalist07801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 05:43 PM   #235
fatalist07801
Whats next after K-Series

fatalist07801 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Anyone??? Please
fatalist07801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 01:44 PM   #236
Anti86

Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Anti86 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice thread!
Anti86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:40 PM   #237
DC5Delta

DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
need help finding a hole to drill or figure out a way for the wires coming from under the hood into the interior of my car.. Cant seem to find a place
DC5Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:29 AM   #238
shoegazer
bleep-bleep bleeeep

shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Delta View Post
need help finding a hole to drill or figure out a way for the wires coming from under the hood into the interior of my car.. Cant seem to find a place
There's a rubber grommet behind the glove box that goes through the firewall. You can poke a hole in it with a ice pick, screwdriver, coat hanger, etc. You can see it from under the hood on the passenger side firewall.
shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 11:48 PM   #239
DC5Delta

DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5Delta is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
you dont have a picture of that do you?
Old 02-13-2017, 01:04 AM   #240
shoegazer
bleep-bleep bleeeep

shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Delta View Post
you dont have a picture of that do you?
The big harness with the small yellow ring is factory. The smaller black wire is mine and delivers power to my DRLs. You can poke through the grommet/seal easily. But do it slowly and carefully. Take out the glovebox on the inside and get to it from there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170213_015332.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	527761  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:18 PM   #241
DC5Delta

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegazer View Post
The big harness with the small yellow ring is factory. The smaller black wire is mine and delivers power to my DRLs. You can poke through the grommet/seal easily. But do it slowly and carefully. Take out the glovebox on the inside and get to it from there.
So with this being done I want to just verify so I dont make any mistakes, I can still use the button to turn them on and not have them on when I have the low beams on?
Old 02-14-2017, 02:36 AM   #242
shoegazer
bleep-bleep bleeeep

No. I did this with my 'city lights'. They are the two tiny bulbs in the corner of the lenses. I wanted them on with the key; no switch. I suppose you could do the same with fogs or auxiliary lights. It just depends on how many amps they draw. You'd have to find a power source and use the correct sized wire, switch, and fuses to protect from fire.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:03 PM   #243
Dc5_is_alive

Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5_is_alive is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
bump

can someone reupload page 1 pictures
Dc5_is_alive is offline   Reply With Quote