Converting your Base Auto to Manual/Type-S/etc. *Parts list* - Page 9 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #201
dc5prime
i haz gold plated diapers

dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I would think you need the longblock with harness, the prb ecu or kpro, axles plus the stuff on minus base harness, base ecu(unless you kpro the ecu) that's just stuff off top of my head...I forgot her user name, but her name is Dee she did a complete type-s swap in her car, who btw, if you read this dee shoot me a PM lol
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=641971
dc5prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 10:05 AM   #202
dc5prime

dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey guys heads up swap may be happening sooner then expected thank god for my boys...I just picked up my boys tranny for free and he basically let me ripp all parts off his motor since his del sol got stolen...ill be making a DIY for this swap ill keep you guys posted
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-12-2010, 09:28 PM   #203
Sephitrask
Rotary Trooper

Sephitrask is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5prime View Post
Hey guys heads up swap may be happening sooner then expected thank god for my boys...I just picked up my boys tranny for free and he basically let me ripp all parts off his motor since his del sol got stolen...ill be making a DIY for this swap ill keep you guys posted
WTF????!!!! Lucky bastard.... congrats on the free stuff!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamBOM View Post
And does it explain the coolant smell? DO MY FARTS SMELL OF COOLANT?!?!?!
"The way a Rotary engine makes power is ferocious, much like having a chainsaw under your right foot."
Sephitrask is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2010, 01:26 PM   #204
rainDC5
qwerty

rainDC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by diversat View Post
On a side note, here is my mount . It bolts into the factory AUTO location. Designed in CAD and cut on the waterjet. The insert is 60A urethane. If you are doing this swap I can make you one and ship it out. Now that its in the computer its easy to make more. Let me know if you're interested.

Prototype in CAD

Final product

can you provide a little bit more details on your mount?
I currently have the Innovative 60A polyurethane street mounts I think.
How does it compare to them? like hp wise, size, etc? stress test
Just curious because I would want a uniform setup.
not that i'd be putting down 1000hp on it

Like others have said it would be nice to have an option of using your existing mount to bolt up to your fab one.
rainDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:53 PM   #205
dc5prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephitrask View Post
WTF????!!!! Lucky bastard.... congrats on the free stuff!!!
thats what i said mid may i should be done and ill put up a thread with a parts list more informational on parts and what not....because i will be swapping out dash harness also so i dont have to deal with any wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainDC5 View Post
can you provide a little bit more details on your mount?
I currently have the Innovative 60A polyurethane street mounts I think.
How does it compare to them? like hp wise, size, etc? stress test
Just curious because I would want a uniform setup.
not that i'd be putting down 1000hp on it

Like others have said it would be nice to have an option of using your existing mount to bolt up to your fab one.
i been trying to get info on these mounts also but no response...ill give them a call monday, i need this before the end of the month
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #206
Sephitrask
Rotary Trooper

Quote:
thats what i said mid may i should be done and ill put up a thread with a parts list more informational on parts and what not....because i will be swapping out dash harness also so i dont have to deal with any wiring

i been trying to get info on these mounts also but no response...ill give them a call monday, i need this before the end of the month
I did get ahold of them at one point last month, and they said they were waiting on materials... keep trying you may get through.

Quote:
"The way a Rotary engine makes power is ferocious, much like having a chainsaw under your right foot."
Old 04-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #207
dc5prime

Now I'm stuck lol... Either wait for the mount to be finalized by kaizen speed...since I still need to buy a engine harness clutchlines and clutch which I should be getting those last parts by the time the mount is complete...or get the a bracket welded next week and just complete most of the swap while waiting to get all the pieces together
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-21-2010, 03:56 PM   #208
diversat

diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx diversat is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sorry I haven't been updating you guys. We've been super busy with our hotrod car. Anyway, here is some info on the mount since last time.... First, we have switched to a urethane press-in insert instead of the poured urethane. It took too long, was temp. sensitive(curing temp, not temp from the engine), and would leave little bubble on the surface. We just buy the urethane in solid rod, machine the hole in the middle, and press it in. Its alot nicer. Second, we are having them black powder coated to be alot more durable. The finish is a orange-peel semi-gloss black very similar to the innovative steel mount finish. The urethane is 75A and feels smooth. When I switched the mount from 60a to 75a I couldn't feel a difference. It feels pretty stock. (note: on the car we converted all the other mounts were oem.) The mount is a direct bolt in and uses all the oem hardware including the bolt that goes through the urethane insert. I have four mounts at powdercoat right now and should be ready to ship mounts by friday or monday. I bought enough material to make roughly 11 mounts, so if these four sell fast I'll have some more right behind them. Price is looking to be $199+s/h with the addition of powdercoat, but the powdercoat it way worth it. I hope that answers some questions. I'm not on this forum very often so the best way to get ahold of me is at the shop. Monday-Friday 8:30-5:30 Pacific. (509) 585-0900 ask for Andy.
diversat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:03 PM   #209
dc5prime

Hey andy they actually have my name on hold at your shop...ronaldy...when they are ready to ship I'm ready to buy lol
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-21-2010, 04:05 PM   #210
dc5prime

The mount is basically all I need to complete the swap besides little bolts here and there
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #211
striker89
9krippin champagne sippin

striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx striker89 is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Quote:
The mount is basically all I need to complete the swap besides little bolts here and there
let me know how everything goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloTeg
Dee is OG status
striker89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 05:53 PM   #212
Sephitrask
Rotary Trooper

Quote:
when you get it, lets have some high res pics of it from multiple angles. This could be a big deal.

Quote:
Old 04-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #213
Ghost416

Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
good luck dc5prime. Could I put in a request for some photos of u drilling the hole for the clutch if that wasn't something u were going to document?
Ghost416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:58 PM   #214
dc5prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker89 View Post
let me know how everything goes
cant wait lol if i dont get the kaizen mount, ill be making the trip to krazy customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephitrask View Post
when you get it, lets have some high res pics of it from multiple angles. This could be a big deal.
ill see what i can do im just hoping im on of the first 4...(driversat names ronaldy bump me to 1st call you make lol lets make this happen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost416 View Post
good luck dc5prime. Could I put in a request for some photos of u drilling the hole for the clutch if that wasn't something u were going to document?
i actually did that about a month ago lol...if you look under the dash you will see the black foam cut out for it you pull that out and you'll see the outlines of what you need to cut out...all i need is to make the hole for the bolt that goes up top which i will do when i yank out the dash

but ill get you pics my friend has an auto which i was going to take pics of for the stuff i already did.
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal

Last edited by dc5prime; 04-26-2010 at 09:00 PM..
Old 05-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #215
DiCi5
Master Member

DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just had my auto - manual swap done by a friend!
Drilled out the welds on the mount on the 5speed car and re-welded onto the auto. looks perfect
DiCi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #216
Frayne182
Living Legend

Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCi5 View Post
Just had my auto - manual swap done by a friend!
Drilled out the welds on the mount on the 5speed car and re-welded onto the auto. looks perfect
How is the car driving? How much you end up paying?

Xbox GamerTag= Frayne Daddy
Living Legend
Most loved Canadian on CRSX 5 years running
Frayne182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #217
dc5prime

That's exaclty what I have...I have 2 mounts spot welded out of type-s's, I'm going to end up doing...I didn't want to cuz of having to tow the car and maybe delay me a day, but if I don't get that mount from kaizen in a week, to a welding shop I go
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 05-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #218
DiCi5
Master Member

DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DiCi5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayne182 View Post
How is the car driving? How much you end up paying?
Im sure it depends on whos working on the car but so fun it runs effin smooth.

I bought a crash rsx from the rear = 1600$ (engine, tranny everything i need + bumper fenders interior etc etc that im parting out to make some money back)
100$ to reprogram keys to imoblizer and ecu

and what i paid him for labour. so about 2500$. a bit cheaper if i sell all my shit
Old 05-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #219
DiCi5
Master Member

Quote:
That's exaclty what I have...I have 2 mounts spot welded out of type-s's, I'm going to end up doing...I didn't want to cuz of having to tow the car and maybe delay me a day, but if I don't get that mount from kaizen in a week, to a welding shop I go
im not patient to wait for the mount. i contacted kspeed and they said maybe a month or so until its done.
i was going to order one but my friend said its stupid cause he can just cut out the welds on the 5speed car and use the mount from there.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 AM   #220
dc5prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCi5 View Post
im not patient to wait for the mount. i contacted kspeed and they said maybe a month or so until its done.
i was going to order one but my friend said its stupid cause he can just cut out the welds on the 5speed car and use the mount from there.
Exacty lol, I don't have patience and by mid may if the mount isn't in my possession ill go the headache route, of pulling out my motor, towing the car to a welder come back work on the motor then pick up the car(which would be avoided with the ksspeed mount) but my patience is getting worse lol
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 05-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #221
Frayne182
Living Legend

Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Frayne182 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Stupid Question.. Is the custom motor mount needed when doing a 6 speed swap?

Thanks

Living Legend
Old 05-30-2010, 12:49 PM   #222
Frayne182
Living Legend

Anyone? I'm planning on doing a complete swap and if I need the mount then I will need to get one. Is it possible to take one out of a TypeS/Base Manual that is say at a junk yard?

Nevermind. I found the answer.

Living Legend

Last edited by Frayne182; 05-30-2010 at 04:15 PM..
Old 06-01-2010, 10:32 PM   #223
dc5prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frayne182 View Post
Anyone? I'm planning on doing a complete swap and if I need the mount then I will need to get one. Is it possible to take one out of a TypeS/Base Manual that is say at a junk yard?

Nevermind. I found the answer.
thats what im doing lol...i just need couple bolts here and there and im finally just ripping it out putting it back in, borrow my friends kpro to drive it to a dealer to re-key my ecu
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 06-04-2010, 10:20 AM   #224
onefast_k2.4S
hella sf general

onefast_k2.4S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
mine was done at the shop where i got my swap he just made a custom bracket and its been holding up a year now. my swap was done by rcrew racing. pics on my sig
Old 06-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #225
Ghost416

Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ghost416 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Anyone know if a type s (a2) transmission will work with a base engine (a3)? Which ecu would be used?
Ghost416 is offline   Reply With Quote