DIY Taillight Gasket Replacement (Water in Trunk Fix) - Page 14 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-06-2015, 11:24 PM   #326
EchoNightSI

EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Removing the bumper is actually not to bad and made access to the lights a lot easier , also sometimes , like with mine , the bar the lights are screwed into is rusted beyond belief . I had to remove it all as one.
EchoNightSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2015, 06:35 AM   #327
KingMaiya

KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Replaced mine last week and I thought it was easy not to remove the bumper.

Instagram : Deemossi
KingMaiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #328
EchoNightSI

EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx EchoNightSI is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
It very well may be , I just followed the link to the DIY bumper replace, which I had to do in the end anyway because the rails right beneath my lights were rusted fast and both inner bolts snapped trying to get them off . Which if that happens to anyone here , no worries , tapping and adding a larger screw is no big deal .
EchoNightSI is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-09-2015, 05:48 PM   #329
BOMrsxS
Master Member

BOMrsxS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I read a few pages,not the whole thing though. I need to do this. I have the gaskets already. As ghetto as this sounds(and I'm not really one for rigging shit like this) I'm also thinking about laying a piece of clear packing tape over the gap between the tail light and the frame rail and then spraying a light coating of clear flex seal over it to keep water from running behind the tail lights again. I just got the idea from reading some posts throughout this thread, I have to actually look at the car again and see if its even feasible with still letting the water have somewhere to go.
BOMrsxS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #330
rsx-s03

rsx-s03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I am about to do mine as well.
Water in my trunk & in my right side lense filled up, after every rain pour.

Some goodies from Honda just arrived to do my rear end.

My Youtube channel
My Showoff thread: http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1115986
rsx-s03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 12:06 AM   #331
anthonyallred

anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Good to know I'm not the only one. Found a pool this afternoon when replacing my dampeners. Will do the taillight seals when I remove my bumper for some small rust repairs in the next month or so. Thanks for the writeup.
anthonyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #332
alexlee827

alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alexlee827 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have 06 RSX... is the process gonna be same? i have to replace my taillight
alexlee827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:30 PM   #333
r2k

r2k is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
So much work for my 13 year old '03 Premium LOL. Maybe its time to let her go for $6k.
r2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:31 PM   #334
deniskapliy

deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Did that last week. Couldn't reach the screws without removing the bumper. Also - a good idea is to check the metal bracket on which the taillight rests (and to which it is attached with those 2 screws). Mine were rusted through and I will have to buy them and remove the rear bumper again to replace it.
deniskapliy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 08:32 PM   #335
deniskapliy

deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx deniskapliy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlee827 View Post
I have 06 RSX... is the process gonna be same? i have to replace my taillight
The process is exactly the same sir
Old 01-11-2017, 04:28 PM   #336
shaunngladys

shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shaunngladys is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniskapliy View Post
Did that last week. Couldn't reach the screws without removing the bumper. Also - a good idea is to check the metal bracket on which the taillight rests (and to which it is attached with those 2 screws). Mine were rusted through and I will have to buy them and remove the rear bumper again to replace it.
About to do mine. Do you know what the name of that metal bracket is?
shaunngladys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:33 AM   #337
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just get up there and keep the bumper on. The screw is into plastic and comes out easy. The water in my trunk was frozen solid, so I ice skated in the trunk for a while.
marko16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:11 AM   #338
shoegazer
bleep-bleep bleeeep

shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
^yes^ I did mine with the super long phillips screwdriver from Lowes and a bright flashlight.
shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:50 PM   #339
zarpanzur

zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx zarpanzur is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice, thanks!
zarpanzur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:12 AM   #340
redone13

redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx redone13 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Had to do this to fit my ITR tails properly. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:02 PM   #341
deniskapliy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunngladys View Post
About to do mine. Do you know what the name of that metal bracket is?
Yup. Here are the part numbers:

71591-S6M-010
BEAM, L. RR. BUMPER (UPPER)
$26.25

71541-S6M-010
BEAM, R. RR. BUMPER (UPPER)
$18.70
Old 03-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #342
typeflex
Master Member

typeflex is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
crsx still providing greatness ����
typeflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #343
carNOOB

carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx carNOOB is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks

Thanks much for this DIY really helped me a lot. It's my first time removing and installing taillights and I did it all by myself
carNOOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 03:40 AM   #344
Casper0878

Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Anyone try these gaskets? Claim to be better material than OEM

https://www.ebay.com/p/2005-2006-Hon...0390808&chn=ps
Casper0878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #345
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Seems every RSX owner has had to do this at one point in time... lol
I'll be doing mine when the snow melts, and it dries up a bit.
Bad Honda design. Also,
1st car i have ever owned that i needed to remove bumpers to change or remove head lights, or tail lights.
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #346
TRJ06DC5

TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper0878 View Post
Anyone try these gaskets? Claim to be better material than OEM

https://www.ebay.com/p/2005-2006-Hon...0390808&chn=ps
I got those gaskets a few months back and just installed them the other day. Mine still had the original gaskets which were stuck on the taillight. The Foam ripped when I removed it. They don't have adhesive, you just remove the old gaskets and replace them with these. They're much thicker and the holes lined up perfectly. I'd say they're a great buy.

Last edited by TRJ06DC5; 06-24-2019 at 11:45 AM..
TRJ06DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:42 PM   #347
Casper0878

Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Casper0878 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJ06DC5 View Post
I got those gaskets a few months back and just installed them the other day. Mine still had the original gaskets which were stuck on the material ripped when I removed it. They don't have adhesive, you just remove the old gaskets and replace them with these. They're much thicker and the holes lined up perfectly. I'd say they're a great buy.
I went with OEM. Working great so far. I also had the original gaskets which were falling apart
Casper0878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 12:14 AM   #348
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
After doing mine, for extra protection, i added a piece of clear gorilla tape over the gap between the body and tail light. I tested it with a bucket of water, now the water runs straight over the gap without falling between the body and light housing.
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #349
TRJ06DC5

TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TRJ06DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmikatt View Post
After doing mine, for extra protection, i added a piece of clear gorilla tape over the gap between the body and tail light. I tested it with a bucket of water, now the water runs straight over the gap without falling between the body and light housing.
Good thinking!
TRJ06DC5 is offline   Reply With Quote