Supercharger Tech Q&A, ***Noobs start here*** - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Oside Jimc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Supercharger Tech Q&A, ***Noobs start here***

OK, You are interested in supercharging and need some answers, or you're new to supercharging and need some help, this is the place for it.

First though, ask yourself, have I read the Jackson Racing and/or Comptech FAQ Threads?, many of the basic questions are answered there, also since those threads are a little long don't forget to search within the thread to see if you can find something. Also use the search function on this thread too!

Second, use the search function to see if the forum has an answer for you, most subjects have been beat to death.

Lastly look in the Supercharger FAQ, Guides and Solutions stickey.

But once you have done that, and you still have a question you want to post to the team, either post it here or post it in the Chat thread, please do not start a new thread to ask something basic, if you do please make sure you are wearing your nomex panties.

Rules of this Stickey are simple, ask questions, provide answers. Civil Answers. Chat, insults, and other ignorant behavior will not be tolerated.

PLEASE, NO WHORING THIS STICKEY!!!!!

To try to anticipate some basic questions I'll compile answers here on the first page when I see a pattern, to make things easier to find.

Basic Q&A:
What kits are available?
At this time the Jackson Racing (http://www.supercharger.com) and the Comptech (http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SCK.html) atr the only units readily available and in production. Other options are around such as Rotrex but they are one off or semi-custom systems. A Twin Screw is under development by Redshift, however it's release date seems to be rather far out there.

Which kit is best?
Both the JR & CT kits use the same Eaton M62 supercharger and produce virtually identical power output so the differences are in the implementation details and pricing. If you only care about price the JR unit will be your choice. The CT unit is more expensive but comes with an improved tensioner and snout design as well as a carbon fiber fuel rail cover, is this worth the price difference? Only you can answer that.

How much power can I make with a supercharger?
This depends on the pulley size and supporting mods, in VERY general terms it boils down to something like this:
5psi (JR "street" kit or CT stage 1) about 220-230.
7psi, about 245-260
9psi, around 280-295
11psi, around 280-295, see here you are reaching the point of diminishing returns due to heat genetated by the compression of the air so you are just blowing hot air, not making power.

But I want 350+hp!!!
Buy a turbo, or add nitrous to your supercharger.

What Spark Plugs Should I run?
1 step colder is generally best, most users find BKR8EIX to be best.

What size injector should I run?
Most important is what NOT to run, RC550 has a spray problem issue that makes it unsuitable for superchargers. Most guys run RC650 or 750 for up to 11psi, if you think nitrous may be in your future go for 750cc, otherwise the 650cc will be fine. There are also 520cc injectors from Comptech (modified stock injectors) that work, but around 9psi they may max out, however they are plug and play so they are simple to install. There are also optional plug and play clips available for RC which allows you to use RC injectors without cutting your engine harness, very nice..

Can I run Nitrous on my supercharger?
Yes, and quite effectively, but there is a fine line between just right and BOOM. There is additional information in the Supercharger FAQ, Guides and Solutions stickey.

Is my belt slipping?
Maybe, only a k-pro datalog will tell the whole story, boost should increase from vtec crossover until rev limit, if it starts to drop off your belt is slipping.

My boost seems low
Are you using a boost gauge? If so they seem to have a poor track record for accuracy. If not again get a k-pro datalog.

How do I fix it?
Tighten the belt, but be careful, tighten it too much and you can damage your tensioner and have other ill effects.

Powercard? Reflash, or K-pro, Oh my!
You need engine mamagement to run a supercharger, the simplist is the JR powercard that comes with the street kit. This works adequate to run up to 5psi, pretty limited but one advantage for those in smog states is it is smog legal!, the reflash that comes with the basic JR race kit is also very limited and in general not recommended (But it does work and if you HAVE to have 7psi, and have NO access to a tuner and refuse to learn to tune by yourself it could be an option). By far the best solution for all your tuning needs is k-pro, total control of your system, easy to use, this is what you want. So you can't tune? Well there are lots of options in addition to skilled professional tuners, from helpful board members to tuners that do remote tuning using datalogs you provide. Think of k-pro as the foundation for all yuo future modifications.

Fuel Injectors (courtesy of Erik Loza)

There are three common sizes that you will see mentioned in Eaton M62 supercharger discussions regarding the K20. All are "Bosch-style", made by RC Engineering and sold through many online dealers. They are the 550cc, 650cc, and 750cc units and categorized as "high-impedance". You may see "low-impedance" injectors sold or even used, but those require the splicing in of a resistor box in order to work properly. For that reason, they are not commonly used. Here is some background about each of the RC injectors that we could use:

-550cc: These were and still are (I believe) the injectors which Moss provides with their "race" kit. These particular units have been shown to disagree with the flow characteristics of the RSX blower manifold at boost levels above 7psi. The spray pattern is streamlike and can be blown back in the manifold or into other cylinders ( reversion. ) Thus, they are generally not used by us. Just for the record, I used the 550's for a while at 7psi and experienced none of the reversion issues that smaller pulleys create. If someone were staying at 7psi, then these wouldn't be a concern.

-650cc: The most popular choice for our applications and ideal if you will not be using nitrous oxide.

-750cc: May be needed if you plan to add nitrous oxide in the future.

Just a quick comment. When it comes to injectors, "bigger" doesn't necessarily mean "better". Use the smallest you can to do the job. As injectors get larger, their ability to atomize fuel declines and so does idle quality, etc. Only go as big as you need to and 650cc is more than adequate for most of us.

Injector clips: RC injectors do not use the same wire harness clips as OEM Honda units. In order to use them, we must have the proper connectors. These connectors come in two forms. "Splice-in" (user cuts off existing connector and then solders in new one) and "Plug-and-play" (no cutting or splicing required). I purchased my Jackson Racing supercharger in April of '07 and it came with "plug-and-play" clips...

Hope this info is helpful.

Other useful information in the Supercharger FAQ Guides and Solution Stickey:
More info on belt tension and why slip is a problem
How to change a pulley
1/4 mile times
Dyno charts

Last edited by Agent Smith; 06-09-2009 at 05:23 AM..
Oside Jimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
runnin9z
zomg zomg

runnin9z is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I hear alot about locktighting things or you have problem, what bolts and nuts need to be loctited to avoid problems

I love redheads #2
runnin9z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnin9z View Post
I hear alot about locktighting things or you have problem, what bolts and nuts need to be loctited to avoid problems
Intake manifold bolts in particular, as well as those bolts attaching the tensioner, do not loctite the tensioner adjustment bolt.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
2010 admin

Great thread, Jim.

Regarding Loctite, etc., there are several types....

1.) Loctite Red: Designed for parts that are never to be loosened again. This is what you want to use on the infamous four manifold floor bolts of the Jackson blower.

2.) Loctite Blue: This is called "serviceable" and is designed to be removeable if need be. You could use this on idler pulley through-bolts, bolts which fasten sub-components to the engine block, etc. I don't personally use it, but there should be no adverse effects. As always, this is no substitute for properly torqueing bolts to spec as per Helms.

3.) Anti-sieze: This is a silver paste which prevents galling of parts once applied. This is what you want to use on your tensioner bolt.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:13 PM   #5
iBoost
U mad bro?

iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
Great thread, Jim.

Regarding Loctite, etc., there are several types....

1.) Loctite Red: Designed for parts that are never to be loosened again. This is what you want to use on the infamous four manifold floor bolts of the Jackson blower.

2.) Loctite Blue: This is called "serviceable" and is designed to be removeable if need be. You could use this on idler pulley through-bolts, bolts which fasten sub-components to the engine block, etc. I don't personally use it, but there should be no adverse effects. As always, this is no substitute for properly torqueing bolts to spec as per Helms.

3.) Anti-sieze: This is a silver paste which prevents galling of parts once applied. This is what you want to use on your tensioner bolt.

Good info... That actually answered a couple questions i had that i just havent gotten around to posting!
iBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:14 PM   #6
Surferboy
Been there & gone back

Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Surferboy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I guess I am going in head first but here goes. I have a 06 Type-S and I am after the most reliable setup I can get with a reasonable amount of cash. Can I get your opinions on whether or not I have covered my basis here or I should do something else in addition to attain my goals. I feel I have put a lot of time and effort in reading, searching and asking questions so here goes.

First my goals.

1. Daily driver fun
a. I want to scoot through traffic so midrange is important (not street race).
b. This is why I went down the supercharger route and not the turbo.
2. Reliability
a. Its true NA is a super reliable way to go but it cost a lot of money to get to the HP\TQ #s I hope for. That would be 275hp+ & close to 200tq.
b. I like to work on my car and keep it clean and in good working order but I donít want things so maxed out that I am having to constantly fix things. I know things break but hopefully not every time I run.
3. Occasional ľ mile and weekend warrior road racing
a. I want to experience both worlds to see what I like. ľ mile is more accessible so I will do that more than anything.
b. Road racing I have no set goals as I have not done that with this car yet.
c. ľ mile I have been practicing in my NA skin right now.

So what have I done and where am I taking this thing?

Currently I have the following mods to go Supercharger:

Injen CAI | RBC | Hondata IMG| BCRH (will be going with SSR 4 into 1) | Comptech 2.5 catback exhaust | Innovative motor mounts | KPRO |

What is purchased and is going on the car for my SC setup.

CC stage 4 clutch | Quaife lsd (hasnít arrived yet but paid for) | JRSC | CTAT | RC650 injectors | plug and play clips | Brandonís beefed up tensioner | WDSonnyís aftercooler | K24 and A2 crank pulleys to play with | 3 inch lower pulley | 1 step colder plugs |

What I am waiting for

Plug and play map sensor | Brandonís map relocator (will purchase is plug and play map sensor comes in time) |

I plan on running 11psi give or take aftercooled with the A2 cp and the 3 inch blower pulley so in reality maybe it will be 10 psi aftercooled.

Have I covered my basis? Have I missed something that may be important to my build goals?

This setup will be tuned by Tony Palo at T1. He will tune with aftercooler off and no fluids and then with fluids and on. Dyno results should be interesting. Honestly the #s are not what I am after as they are just that but after lots of reading I believe that at this time these #s will be more than enough for me. Key word is ďat this timeĒ.
Surferboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #7
peralvr4

peralvr4 is on a distinguished road
I know the EP3 and rsx-s have the same intake port bolt pattern, I was wondering if I could use a EP3 SC kit on my rsx-s.

I want to use the EP3 SC because when I looked at the two manifold designs the rsx manifold has a couple sharp transisition bends while the EP3 kit looked to almost have straight intake ports, The over all manifold looks smaller also. The only other thing is because of the slightly more compact design I think working in the front of the bay would be a little easier.

Also are the throttle body bolt patterns the same?

If it will work this will be going on a 2300lb 02 rsx-s with only an alternator on it right now. (the stock water pump and housing has been deleted for a remote mount electric pump).

Thanks.
peralvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:26 PM   #8
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by peralvr4 View Post
I know the EP3 and rsx-s have the same intake port bolt pattern, I was wondering if I could use a EP3 SC kit on my rsx-s.

I want to use the EP3 SC because when I looked at the two manifold designs the rsx manifold has a couple sharp transisition bends while the EP3 kit looked to almost have straight intake ports, The over all manifold looks smaller also. The only other thing is because of the slightly more compact design I think working in the front of the bay would be a little easier.

Also are the throttle body bolt patterns the same?

If it will work this will be going on a 2300lb 02 rsx-s with only an alternator on it right now. (the stock water pump and housing has been deleted for a remote mount electric pump)..
I have found the EP3 manifold to actually be more restrictive than the DC5, one of my friends was using the EP3 manifold on a K20A2 swap and it only made < 270 @ 9psi.

TB bolts are the same.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #9
peralvr4

peralvr4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside Jimc View Post
I have found the EP3 manifold to actually be more restrictive than the DC5, one of my friends was using the EP3 manifold on a K20A2 swap and it only made < 270 @ 9psi.

TB bolts are the same.
Hmm alright, do you think they will have close to the same efficiency at 7psi? that will be the highest I will ever go. Thanks for the reply. +rep
peralvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 11:36 PM   #10
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by peralvr4 View Post
Hmm alright, do you think they will have close to the same efficiency at 7psi? that will be the highest I will ever go. Thanks for the reply. +rep
Even if they are not at 7psi the HP difference will be minimal.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:30 AM   #11
XqiZit
K24 &amp;gt; K20

XqiZit is on a distinguished road
I know it seems a little trivial but im sure some folks would benefit from a visual breakdown of what pulleys add up to what boost on what blocks generally.

Like: k20- ctsc - 3.15" blower pulley, k20a2 crank pulley - CTAT 10psi
And: k24- jrsc - ? blower pulley, k24 crank pulley - Jackson static tensioner - 8 psi

So on and so forth.
Xqizit's .02 on the table
XqiZit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:02 AM   #12
1shot1kill
mmm..

1shot1kill is on a distinguished road 1shot1kill is on a distinguished road
subscribed
1shot1kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:22 AM   #13
2010 admin

Some info about injectors...

There are three common sizes that you will see mentioned in Eaton M62 supercharger discussions regarding the K20. All are "Bosch-style", made by RC Engineering and sold through many online dealers. They are the 550cc, 650cc, and 750cc units and categorized as "high-impedance". You may see "low-impedance" injectors sold or even used, but those require the splicing in of a resistor box in order to work properly. For that reason, they are not commonly used. Here is some background about each of the RC injectors that we could use:

-550cc: These were and still are (I believe) the injectors which Moss provides with their "race" kit. These particular units have been shown to disagree with the flow characteristics of the RSX blower manifold at boost levels above 7psi. Thus, they are generally not used by us. Just for the record, I used the 550's for a while at 7psi and experienced none of the reversion issues that smaller pulleys create. If someone were staying at 7psi, then these wouldn't be a concern.

-650cc: The most popular choice for our applications and ideal if you will not be using nitrous oxide.

-750cc: May be needed if you plan to add nitrous oxide in the future.

Just a quick comment. When it comes to injectors, "bigger" doesn't necessarily mean "better". Use the smallest you can to do the job. As injectors get larger, their ability to atomize fuel declines and so does idle quality, etc. Only go as big as you need to and 650cc is more than adequate for most of us.

Injector clips: RC injectors do not use the same wire harness clips as OEM Honda units. In order to use them, we must have the proper connectors. These connectors come in two forms. "Splice-in" (user cuts off existing connector and then solders in new one) and "Plug-and-play" (no cutting or splicing required). I purchased my Jackson Racing supercharger in April of '07 and it came with "plug-and-play" clips...

Hope this info is helpful.

Last edited by 2010 admin; 04-11-2008 at 08:26 AM..
Old 04-11-2008, 10:04 AM   #14
DomSim
no longer blown ;(

DomSim is on a distinguished road DomSim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XqiZit View Post
I know it seems a little trivial but im sure some folks would benefit from a visual breakdown of what pulleys add up to what boost on what blocks generally.

Like: k20- ctsc - 3.15" blower pulley, k20a2 crank pulley - CTAT 10psi
And: k24- jrsc - ? blower pulley, k24 crank pulley - Jackson static tensioner - 8 psi

So on and so forth.
Xqizit's .02 on the table
you can give a general guide but psi will vary with altitude, humidity and exhaust restrictions. but a good reference would look something like this,

bp=blower pulley
a2 cp=crank pulley from 02-04 type s
z1 cp=crank pulley from 05-06 type s

bp l a2 cp l z1 cp
4.0" l 5 PSI l 4 PSI
3.8" l 6 PSI l 5 PSI
3.4" l 7 PSI l 6 PSI
3.2" l 9 PSI l 7 PSI
3.0" l 11 PSIl 9 PSI
2.8" l 13 PSIl 11 PSI

most of us 05-06'ers end up switching to the a2 crank pulley because it allows us to run a larger blower pulley which is ideal to help minimize slip.

another option is to run with the crank pulley from a k24 motor. this is not very common because it requires the modification of a water line coming from the water pump. but the advantage of this is the same as an 05-06 using the 02-04 crank pulley. it lets you use an ever larger blower pulley than if you were using the a2.

and jim if you want to add this to the first post and maybe refine it a bit feel free
DomSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 03:02 PM   #15
JPSlick
Master Member

JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though JPSlick is cool, not as cool as some though
A Few pointers... Some of which have already been answered but here they are again with some more info.

Quote:
Supercharger Options:

- Comptech S/C www.ct-engineering.com

-Jackson Racing Supercharger- Available www.supercharger.com

-Redshift Twin Screw Kit – In production

Jackson Racing Supercharger Kits

Street Kit

Race Kit

Custom Kit

Street Kit…(street legal)

Comes with 550CC injectors and powercard*

What is the powercard? Powercard is JR own reflash (more or less) to control fuel. Depending on mods can run a little rich or a little lean. There is no way of really knowing without throwing on a wideband o2 sensor and finding out if your car is running correct.

How much power? Depending on Dyno and elevation and all the other factors, hard to say but I would say right around 225-35WHP seems bout average. Again, also depends on your bolt ons. (I/H/E)

Recommendation:

-Get K pro, have it tuned professionally, or if you know your stuff, grab a base map calibration for Hondata, and tweak the tune yourself. We don’t have a magic 8 ball so there is no way to say if your tune is safe but chances are its “good enough”. However, there will be more power (noticeable) with a K pro and tune.

Race Kit…

Comes with 550CC injectors and Map relocator and 7 PSI Pulley.

What is the map relocator?
It’s a little piece that goes onto your map sensor. Its help “trick” your computer into thinking everything is peachy (in lamens terms).

How much power? . Depending on Dyno and elevation and all the other factors, hard to say but I would say right around 245-265 seems bout average. Again, also depends on your bolt ons. (I/H/E)

Recommendation:
• see FAQ on Brando Bracket*
• Kpro, as always your car is only a reliable as your tune, if you trust a generic tune (powercard) then by all means.

Custom Kit

Well there are 2 ways of going about the custom kit.

1) You buy a street kit, you upgrade to 9 psi or 11 psi (3.2 Pulley or 3.0) You will also need to purchase a map relocator since it wont come with one. You can by it from Moss (JR), or get one from Brando420 if available. -assumes 2002-2004

or

2) You buy a race kit, you upgrade your injectors to 650CC or 750 CC. Also buy the appropriate belt, Gatorback 4070775 (for 9 psi) and K pro.

My Recommendation is dont play games with yourself. Most people if not all end up at 9 or 11 psi.

Cut to the chase....

Get the 650's, Go 9 Psi, Get some bolt ons, Brando bracket if he sells them, or Comptech Auto tensioner if u want to spend the big bucks., 1 step colder plugs, k pro and tune. Call it a day.

FAQ

How bad is this belt slip you speak of?

Well at 5 psi you should never really have a problem, however when you go up in PSI it gets worse and with the Brando Bracket* you can tighten your belt more safely then that static JR tensioner.

I want reliability?
We all do, your kit is only as reliable as the install and tune. I cant stress that enough.

I see a lot of belt slipping threads and broken tensioners, Whats going on?

Its hard to say what exactly is going on but here is some food for thought:

- A lot of guys are amateurs and are possibly installing the stuff incorrectly.
- Some guys are tightening their belt too much or not enough
- When people upgrade to 9 PSI the Pulley Boys pulley is not machined properly causing an alignment issue
- Lastly, they have a defect tensioner (rare)

What is the Brando Bracket*?
A member here sells it, it used on your JR tensioner to strengthen it up, this strengthening allows you to tighten the belt tighter to reduce belt slip.

What kind of exhaust is “the best”?
We get this question all the time. At this time there is no “supercharger header” in full production. You have 2 options work with whats available or get a custom one from Hytech or some similar company.

I always recommend Buddy Club Race Header, Comptech Race Header, SSR, Toda, or similar. They should be mated with an exhaust that is 2.4-5 Inner diameter (63MM+) and straight through design.

Well is that going to be loud? You would need to define loud but I would venture to say yea.

Can I get away with the DCRH?
Yea you can get away with it sure, but if you want the most power its not the best route to go but most people will.

Intake?
Injen CAI seems to work the best, its already an issue of heat with the blower so your best bet to get the most power is to have cold air. A short ram will work, but again would not be my number one choice.

Im not sure what size my current exhaust is?
Google IT! Or search on clubrsx going through the list of exhausts and sizes would take forever lol.
My Youtube Video Channel

Last edited by JPSlick; 04-11-2008 at 03:08 PM..
JPSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 04:09 PM   #16
iBoost
U mad bro?

iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
What about belt routing? I'll be running 9psi pulley, CTAT with Brandos bracket.
iBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #17
Lucid Moments

Lucid Moments is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03K20J View Post
What about belt routing? I'll be running 9psi pulley, CTAT with Brandos bracket.
This is actually from the JRSC s/c faq, but the routing will be the same.

Lucid Moments is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:58 AM   #18
mateo
no longer moderate

mateo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Real nice Jimmy!
Old 04-12-2008, 12:37 PM   #19
Axix23
:)

Axix23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
good thread~~
FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....
Axix23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #20
mr.k20z

mr.k20z is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
where was this about a yr and half ago alawys tryin to make people smarter jim
mr.k20z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:33 PM   #21
blue06type-s

blue06type-s is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Nice Thread !
blue06type-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #22
LaytonRSX

LaytonRSX has been a little shit in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmartin View Post
I guess I am going in head first but here goes. I have a 06 Type-S and I am after the most reliable setup I can get with a reasonable amount of cash. Can I get your opinions on whether or not I have covered my basis here or I should do something else in addition to attain my goals. I feel I have put a lot of time and effort in reading, searching and asking questions so here goes.

First my goals.

1. Daily driver fun
a. I want to scoot through traffic so midrange is important (not street race).
b. This is why I went down the supercharger route and not the turbo.
2. Reliability
a. Its true NA is a super reliable way to go but it cost a lot of money to get to the HP\TQ #s I hope for. That would be 275hp+ & close to 200tq.
b. I like to work on my car and keep it clean and in good working order but I donít want things so maxed out that I am having to constantly fix things. I know things break but hopefully not every time I run.
3. Occasional ľ mile and weekend warrior road racing
a. I want to experience both worlds to see what I like. ľ mile is more accessible so I will do that more than anything.
b. Road racing I have no set goals as I have not done that with this car yet.
c. ľ mile I have been practicing in my NA skin right now.

So what have I done and where am I taking this thing?

Currently I have the following mods to go Supercharger:

Injen CAI | RBC | Hondata IMG| BCRH (will be going with SSR 4 into 1) | Comptech 2.5 catback exhaust | Innovative motor mounts | KPRO |

What is purchased and is going on the car for my SC setup.

CC stage 4 clutch | Quaife lsd (hasnít arrived yet but paid for) | JRSC | CTAT | RC650 injectors | plug and play clips | Brandonís beefed up tensioner | WDSonnyís aftercooler | K24 and A2 crank pulleys to play with | 3 inch lower pulley | 1 step colder plugs |

What I am waiting for

Plug and play map sensor | Brandonís map relocator (will purchase is plug and play map sensor comes in time) |

I plan on running 11psi give or take aftercooled with the A2 cp and the 3 inch blower pulley so in reality maybe it will be 10 psi aftercooled.

Have I covered my basis? Have I missed something that may be important to my build goals?

This setup will be tuned by Tony Palo at T1. He will tune with aftercooler off and no fluids and then with fluids and on. Dyno results should be interesting. Honestly the #s are not what I am after as they are just that but after lots of reading I believe that at this time these #s will be more than enough for me. Key word is ďat this timeĒ.
how much powere am I losing at the wheel with my cat still on the car? running jr @ 6psi?
LaytonRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #23
stwatson
Meth Blow Speed = my life

stwatson gets around and is known
stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaytonRSX View Post
how much powere am I losing at the wheel with my cat still on the car? running jr @ 6psi?
Probably a pretty good amount. Supercharge systems DO NOT like restriction...which is why your seeing 6psi. I am assuming that your on the 5psi pulley from the Jackson Kit? Usually people see around 4psi with that pulley but with a restrictive exhaust you will see higher psi (this does NOT mean more power). In fact if you get a race header and full exhaust you will see that your boost will drop but your power will actually go UP. IF you must stay street legal then you'll have to deal with it...if not cut that thing off and throw a DC Race header on there

Sam
13.0 @ 113mph (Traction is not my friend)
stwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:17 AM   #24
TFCCTear
Master Member

TFCCTear is on a distinguished road TFCCTear is on a distinguished road
JRSC Race kit is 5 psi by the way
Old 04-17-2008, 01:31 PM   #25
DC5hondaintegra
JRSC@~13psi on Alcohol

DC5hondaintegra is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
nice thread! maybe you should mention that if people choose to go with the powercard or reflash it's not safe to upgrade to a different pulley. i remember reading about someone doing that
|JRSC with 3.0" Pulley|Coolingmist Meth Injection Kit|AEM CAI|DCRH(SS) |70MM Greddy Ti-C Exhaust|K-PRO|Precision 650cc Injectors|Hondata 4 Bar MAP Sensor|Jmercado Bracket|Innovative 60A Mount Kit|Innovative 75A Front Mount|Bronze 17x8 Work Emotions|Seibon Spoon Style CF Lip|A-SPEC Sides/Rear|BC N+ Coilovers|OEM Blacked Out Headlights|
Awaiting install: CC Stage 2 Clutch
DC5hondaintegra is offline   Reply With Quote