Supercharger Tech Q&A, ***Noobs start here*** - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #26
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Oside Jimc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5hondaintegra View Post
nice thread! maybe you should mention that if people choose to go with the powercard or reflash it's not safe to upgrade to a different pulley.
You just did, THANKS!
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #27
jaytypes

jaytypes is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Let me post my ? here why am I getting so much ghost knock did two runs and 1 real knock in there someone please help

Last edited by jaytypes; 05-13-2008 at 07:14 PM..
jaytypes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:36 PM   #28
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytypes View Post
Let me post my ? here why am I getting so much ghost knock did two runs and 1 real knock in there someone please help
Looks like false knock caused by belt slip at the high end of the RPM range.
Not anough knocks to be worried about. If you want to be uber careful pull a couple of degrees of timing from 7500+

Old 04-17-2008, 08:15 PM   #29
jaytypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oside Jimc View Post
Looks like false knock caused by belt slip at the high end of the RPM range.
Not anough knocks to be worried about. If you want to be uber careful pull a couple of degrees of timing from 7500+
Thanks
Old 04-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #30
Axix23
:)

Axix23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
anybody on here that drive daily on a JRSC with 0 knocks all the time??????????? I am curious... All I hear is that jrsc is loud and b/c our knock sensor are soo senstive, we get a few knocks and here daily...
FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....
Axix23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:19 AM   #31
DomSim
no longer blown ;(

DomSim is on a distinguished road DomSim is on a distinguished road
no knocks here
DomSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 11:38 AM   #32
TGTS2000
JRSC Inside

TGTS2000 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
no knocks here
x2
Old 04-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #33
Axix23

yeah, something was diff. wrong with my fuel setup...
FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....
Old 04-22-2008, 11:19 AM   #34
stwatson
Meth Blow Speed = my life

stwatson gets around and is known
stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGTS2000 View Post
x2
X3
13.0 @ 113mph (Traction is not my friend)
stwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:56 AM   #35
Dapper Dan

Dapper Dan is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I live in CA and was wondering if a supercharger is street legal... i heard that any supercharger/turbo is not street legal... anyone got any info for me?
Dapper Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:10 AM   #36
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
I live in CA and was wondering if a supercharger is street legal... i heard that any supercharger/turbo is not street legal... anyone got any info for me?
the jackson street kit is carb legal... i guess it still is, and the greddy turbo kit (not sure if any others have carb exempt kits.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #37
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesessiah View Post
the jackson street kit is carb legal... i guess it still is, and the greddy turbo kit (not sure if any others have carb exempt kits.
The Comptech stage 1 kit is CARB approved. However the Greddy kit is NOT CARB legal, there are some fake Greddy CARB stickers floating around that might fool a cop, but not a state smog ref.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #38
czelaya
Schrodinger's handywork:

czelaya is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Okay first time posting in the S/C section. Yes, I'm new to all this and I have read all the noob threads.
1.) According to the Jackson website you dont need the intake/header/exhaust for their system and if you do it doesn't make that much of a difference. However, according to the Comptech site it highly reccomended that you have these add-ons. Can anyone clarify this. This makes me conclude that there are differences in dynamics of the supercharger.
2.) What are the 0-60 times with the supercharger with and without intake/header/exhaust.
3.) What are other cost that are associated with getting a s/c such as accesories(transmission, motor mounts,.........) and are they needed for someone who occasionally(once a month) drives his car hard.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:30 AM   #39
stwatson
Meth Blow Speed = my life

stwatson gets around and is known
stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by czelaya View Post
Okay first time posting in the S/C section. Yes, I'm new to all this and I have read all the noob threads.
1.) According to the Jackson website you dont need the intake/header/exhaust for their system and if you do it doesn't make that much of a difference. However, according to the Comptech site it highly reccomended that you have these add-ons. Can anyone clarify this. This makes me conclude that there are differences in dynamics of the supercharger.
2.) What are the 0-60 times with the supercharger with and without intake/header/exhaust.
3.) What are other cost that are associated with getting a s/c such as accesories(transmission, motor mounts,.........) and are they needed for someone who occasionally(once a month) drives his car hard.
It is also recommended for the Jackson kit to have bolt ons to support the supercharger. The purpose of the bolt ons is to allow the supercharger to do its job of forcing air through your motor. The bolt ons will allow the air to pass faster and more efficiently. If you do not do the bolt ons you will generate back pressure and this will only reduce your power gains.

0-60 times depend on the amount of boost your running. When I was at 7psi my 0-60 was probably around 5.2. Now at 9psi I have 0-60 below 5 seconds.

7psi will require you to get a new clutch eventually and motor mounts will help with the wheel hop you WILL get from the added power. If (and you should) get a race header to help the system breath, you will also need motor mounts to keep the header from cracking in half.

Hope this helps and good luck

Sam
13.0 @ 113mph (Traction is not my friend)
stwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #40
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

I/H/E are very desirable, but not mandatory.

I would rate motor mounts as 100% mandatory, your header will bang and your p/s line wil fail and your tires will hop like the easter bunny on meth.

As noted the S/C will cause accelerated wear on your clutch, but much of that will depend on your driving style.
Old 04-25-2008, 04:41 PM   #41
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
The Comptech stage 1 kit is CARB approved. However the Greddy kit is NOT CARB legal, there are some fake Greddy CARB stickers floating around that might fool a cop, but not a state smog ref.
is the greddy kit carb pending? the crsx parts store leaves it sort of open ended saying most of their kits are carb exempt, or something like that.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #42
Axix23

wow, @ 9 psi, 0-60 is under 5 sec??? That would make my 11 psi 0-60 sec. time around 4.6-4.8?? I really doubt my car is that quick... I was thinking around low 5s to mid 5s
Old 04-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #43
RsxJai
Master Member

RsxJai is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesessiah View Post
is the greddy kit carb pending? the crsx parts store leaves it sort of open ended saying most of their kits are carb exempt, or something like that.
it's been pending like forever
RsxJai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #44
babboon
gimme a ***ana !!!

babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member
Quote:
I/H/E are very desirable, but not mandatory.

I would rate motor mounts as 100% mandatory, your header will bang and your p/s line wil fail and your tires will hop like the easter bunny on meth.

As noted the S/C will cause accelerated wear on your clutch, but much of that will depend on your driving style.
arent most s/c users running stock clutches? i have to change my clutch very soon and was told just to go with stock even though im going to supercharge in the near future..should i find some stage 1 clutch or stick with stock..thanks!!
Old 05-04-2008, 08:35 PM   #45
jaytypes

I want to upgrade my injectors which should I get the high impedance or saturated? and what's the difference.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:02 PM   #46
DomSim
no longer blown ;(

DomSim is on a distinguished road DomSim is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytypes View Post
I want to upgrade my injectors which should I get the high impedance or saturated? and what's the difference.
650's for up to 11 psi or 750 for above or if you plan on nitrous. as far as high or low impedance see the following,
http://www.hondata.com/techlowohminjectors.html
DomSim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #47
knwldge54
doesn't even have an RSX

knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by babboon View Post
arent most s/c users running stock clutches? i have to change my clutch very soon and was told just to go with stock even though im going to supercharge in the near future..should i find some stage 1 clutch or stick with stock..thanks!!
You can't go wrong with an upgraded clutch. Besides, the price your likely to pay for one you might as well something that can hold more torque from now. Not that I had a problem with it but I've removed my transmission 3 times so far. It could have been once if I took the time to install all the parts at once. Just something to think about.
knwldge54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #48
babboon
gimme a ***ana !!!

babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member babboon is a glorious c-rsx member
hmmm thanks~! i love the stock clutch feel haha my friends running the competition 4 or something and its unforgiving! not that id go that strong of a clutch to begin with anyways
Old 05-05-2008, 09:02 PM   #49
blursx03
日本に住んでいる

blursx03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
When could rsx owners expect a screw type supercharger or centrifugal type to be readily available? And from what I hear about them we could expect higher gains than that of a roots type? If so, would it be significant?
ABP Crew Member #5
blursx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 09:03 PM   #50
knwldge54
doesn't even have an RSX

knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though knwldge54 is cool, not as cool as some though
PM RedShiftChris, Highrev1 or check the Reshift Motorsports Thread in the supercharged section.
knwldge54 is offline   Reply With Quote