Wheres the DIY guide to flush the brake fluid? - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #26
rensoyka
Breast inspector by appt.

rensoyka is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
that's for sure. the brake lines going from the master cylinder into and then out of the ABS unit would also be a dead give-away. each caliper has a small fluid reservoir inside the ABS unit.
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #27
drumnatural
I can drive up your rsx

drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though drumnatural is cool, not as cool as some though
As per the helms manual it's LF, RF, RR, LR. I did it myself on my car and another with no issues.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
drumnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #28
wketchin
Seņior Memberish

wketchin has a clean start wketchin has a clean start wketchin has a clean start wketchin has a clean start
How would you go about switching to synthetic brake fluid? would it be bad to mix the two during the bleed process? i just have a few bottles of synthetic brake fluid laying around, and i was curious.
wketchin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #29
cryptic
Former 240sx GURU

cryptic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
your suppose to bleed furthest back.. for switching to synthetic i would drain the system, remove the BMC, clean it and do a bench bleed on the BMC then do a typical bleed to the rest of the sytem.. just dont reuse the fluid.

so
1) remove the fluid by opening RR and drain all fuid, repeat with LR, LF and RF untill complete
2) remove the stock brake lines on BMC and remove BMC, clean with water and degreaser.. let dry 100%.
3. reinstall BMC and attach new Brake line to the BMC that are just long enough to go up and nto the resiviour below the full mark..
4) fill with fluid and pump the brakes so it recirulates the air out of the new fluid..
when all the air is gone attach the stock brake line back to the BMC and bleed as per helm..
cryptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:53 PM   #30
wketchin
Seņior Memberish

wketchin has a clean start wketchin has a clean start wketchin has a clean start wketchin has a clean start
hm. i might just stick to regular dot
wketchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:12 AM   #31
platinumrsx

platinumrsx is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ok never bleed brakes before, i have the helms manual and i've been doing reading but i just want to make sure im doing the right thing before i do it here. so what i'm going to do is bleed a wheel (i'm not gonna specify which wheel due to all the arguments on that here) then fill the reservoir, then bleed another wheel followed by the reservoir again and repeat until complete? Please no flaming i just want to make sure i'm right. these are BRAKES we're talking about here.
Installed:Injen CAI, Skunk2 IM, CRSX SS RH, Greddy RS Exhaust, Tein Street Coilovers, SPC Camber Kit, Sparco Assetto Gara wheels, Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires, PowerSlot Slotted Rotors, Hawk HPS brake pads, Buddy Club Racing Spec Shift Kit, ESMM

Awaiting Install: K-PRO
platinumrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:44 AM   #32
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
Make sure its full to begin with, have someone pump the brakes then hold it, while there holding you crack open the bleeder just a bit and let fluid out, tell whoever is pumping the pedal not to let it go to the floor and do not, i repeat DO NOT let the pedal come back up until you tell him to do so. Check after every corner you bleed, do each corner 3-4 times then check the master.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:16 PM   #33
aso

aso is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
just follow the helm LF, RF, RR, LR....im certified Acura tech...
aso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 12:34 AM   #34
aso

or buy this stuff work great!...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mityv...mZ170269954268
Old 10-08-2008, 08:09 AM   #35
Redline10000
Thats my shorty

Redline10000 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic View Post
your suppose to bleed furthest back.. for switching to synthetic i would drain the system, remove the BMC, clean it and do a bench bleed on the BMC then do a typical bleed to the rest of the sytem.. just dont reuse the fluid.

so
1) remove the fluid by opening RR and drain all fuid, repeat with LR, LF and RF untill complete
2) remove the stock brake lines on BMC and remove BMC, clean with water and degreaser.. let dry 100%.
3. reinstall BMC and attach new Brake line to the BMC that are just long enough to go up and nto the resiviour below the full mark..
4) fill with fluid and pump the brakes so it recirulates the air out of the new fluid..
when all the air is gone attach the stock brake line back to the BMC and bleed as per helm..
What happens if you don't do that and just bleed it by flushing out the old one with the new stuff. Ie the motul synthetic that says it safe for dot 3 and 4 systems
303whp 268lb/tq @ 14.5psi D-rob tuned
Redline10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #36
XzYBiT
Custom JDM Badges Maker

XzYBiT is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Where can I get the clear plastic hose to do this? Walmart? Kragen's?

Last known pics of my ABP...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=641166
XzYBiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #37
mxlu
HONDA PACT

mxlu is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by XzYBiT View Post
Where can I get the clear plastic hose to do this? Walmart? Kragen's?
go to pet store and get a hose from the fish area, or you can go to your local hardware store and go in the plumbing section. for the bottle, just use a regular water bottle.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM   #38
aso

Anybody know where to get a T wrench (Honda Part 07HAA-SG00101) for bleeding the high pressure fluid from the ABS system?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:55 AM   #39
XzYBiT
Custom JDM Badges Maker

XzYBiT is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
bleeder screw is the one with the rubber cap right?

Last known pics of my ABP...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=641166
XzYBiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #40
HurriSkiest
2night I wear a small hat

HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzybit View Post
bleeder screw is the one with the rubber cap right?
yup
Fuck A/C Windows Down Crew #10

735whp/470tq @ 27psi on e55-60
684whp/480tq @ 32psi on Q16
PPG BW TS 8374 Tuned by Jeff Evans @ Locash Racing
HurriSkiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #41
pacheco dc5
Coming soon!

pacheco dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I relaced my calipers and rotors, i have started to bled the system and have not got any pressure. I tried many methods. I do get this lil air noise from the abs pump so IDK if it got messed up or not. I was told to get a new abs pump so i got a new one and nothing. I have not moved the car as I gave up I tried it all all ready. DOes it matter if the car is on to turn on the abs or what am I doing wrong, I have a thread about this so IF you can help i would apricaite it thanks.
pacheco dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #42
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
the car shouldnt be on, you might be screwed since you put an abs pump on the pump and abs system now might have air in it so.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #43
pacheco dc5
Coming soon!

pacheco dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
the car shouldnt be on, you might be screwed since you put an abs pump on the pump and abs system now might have air in it so.
idk what u said, i put an abs pump on the pump? how do i get the air out of the abs pump?
pacheco dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blown_Type_S View Post
That's the standard way of bleeding the brakes, but the above mentioned procedure is straight from the Helm. Maybe it has to do with ABS. I heard of people doing it both ways and workin fine.
Yes both way do work fine.

I prefer farthest from mc first, thats the way its been done since before i was born, so i tend to lean toward that.

And not too sure how to get air out of the abs system. sorry!
upshotunity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #45
RSX-Served

RSX-Served is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Thread bump

My brake fluid is really dirty and needs to be flushed. I'm going to try to flush it this weekend. From what I gathered in this thread, I want to make sure I have this procedure correct.

-Pump dirty fluid out of reservoir until the Min line is reached
-Fill reservoir to Max line with new brake fluid
-Bleed brakes at each corner (LF, RF, LR, RR)
-Continue to fill reservoir with new fluid to Max line after bleeding each corner

Is that it?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:09 PM   #46
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX-Served View Post
Thread bump

My brake fluid is really dirty and needs to be flushed. I'm going to try to flush it this weekend. From what I gathered in this thread, I want to make sure I have this procedure correct.

-Pump dirty fluid out of reservoir until the Min line is reached
-Fill reservoir to Max line with new brake fluid
-Bleed brakes at each corner (LF, RF, LR, RR)
-Continue to fill reservoir with new fluid to Max line after bleeding each corner

Is that it?
Correct, but i would reccomend that you start furthest from the reservoir. RR,LR,RF,LF
Old 04-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #47
RSX-Served

RSX-Served is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by upshotunity View Post
Correct, but i would reccomend that you start furthest from the reservoir. RR,LR,RF,LF
Thanks man

How many times should I bleed each corner?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #48
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

until you get clear fluid from them. Do it to each corner until it is clear.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:48 PM   #49
Matrix86
WE GOT DEBRIS!

Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though Matrix86 is cool, not as cool as some though
So would a speed bleeder be worth getting?
06 VBP type-s Š| Ingalls TD | Greddy SP2 | DCRH | PureVision Hids | Ingalls front/rear camber kit | Fujita F5 CAI | Comptech SS | HONDATA | WedsSports Sa-70 | Progress Rear Sway | Buddy Club N+ | JDM Visors | Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Spec | Stop Tech Stage One
Matrix86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #50
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

Oh yeah! Eliminates need for second person.