Wheres the DIY guide to flush the brake fluid? - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #51
HurriSkiest
2night I wear a small hat

HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
having trouble with bleeding my brakes, when I pump the pedel it it does not get stiff. and I pump it a lot. all so when I open the bleeder vavle I dont get any fluided out. what am I doing wrong?
Fuck A/C Windows Down Crew #10

735whp/470tq @ 27psi on e55-60
684whp/480tq @ 32psi on Q16
PPG BW TS 8374 Tuned by Jeff Evans @ Locash Racing
HurriSkiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #52
RSX-Served

RSX-Served is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurriSkiest View Post
having trouble with bleeding my brakes, when I pump the pedel it it does not get stiff. and I pump it a lot. all so when I open the bleeder vavle I dont get any fluided out. what am I doing wrong?
Are you having someone press and hold the brake pedal down as you open the bleeder valve?
Old 06-01-2009, 08:47 PM   #53
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
to figure if you have a clog or not tighten the bleeder valve and pump and see if you feel some pressure build up. If so your just doing the steps wrong. are you using self bleeder or two people?
upshotunity is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-02-2009, 04:49 PM   #54
HurriSkiest
2night I wear a small hat

HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with HurriSkiest is a name not to mess with
hey I got it, I was trying too do it with just me. but then my buddy came over and help. it went fine once he was in the car pumping the brakes. I am up and running now. thanks for your help and tips guys.
Fuck A/C Windows Down Crew #10

735whp/470tq @ 27psi on e55-60
684whp/480tq @ 32psi on Q16
PPG BW TS 8374 Tuned by Jeff Evans @ Locash Racing
HurriSkiest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM   #55
boy racer wannabe

boy racer wannabe is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
FYI:
You'll need 1/4" I.D. plastic tubing for the bleeder nipple and a 10mm wrench for the open/close bolt on the nipple.
boy racer wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:17 PM   #56
NJK20
Form - Function

NJK20 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylesp View Post
laughing at the lack of knowledge in this thread

its RR,LR,RF,LF. and you don't have to do shit to the abs since it carries no fluid. fuck what the helms manual says doing it this way allows the clean fluid to get through the system alot faster.
I know that is what many think, but the correct way on FRONT WHEEL DRIVE cars is the opposite

Art In Motion
NJK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:36 PM   #57
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
yea we figured out that guy is an idiot already. Obviously the abs carries brake fluid since brake lines go to the ABS module.

Now that said its always the furthest first, so it would be RR then RL then FR then FL.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:51 AM   #58
Liquid_Turbo

Liquid_Turbo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by boy racer wannabe View Post
FYI:
You'll need 1/4" I.D. plastic tubing for the bleeder nipple and a 10mm wrench for the open/close bolt on the nipple.
Sorry to bump old thread, but didn't want to start a new one.

What's the plastic tubing used for?

I want to COMPLETELY flush out the brake fluid. How many bottles do I need?

Would it make sense to flush the first line (FL) completely until a whole new reservoir of brake fluid is used, and THEN proceed to the other lines?

Thanks.
Liquid_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:43 PM   #59
method:K20Z1
cyprus

method:K20Z1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The tubing is so you're not squirting fluid all over the place. It can be corrosive. Use a ratcheting 10mm wrench, slip the tubing onto the bleeder nipple and place the end into a bottle, then slide the wrench over that .Also, NJK20 is correct on the bleeding order for a front wheel drive car. FL, FR, RL, RR. I just did it last week.
method:K20Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM   #60
Liquid_Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by method:K20Z1 View Post
The tubing is so you're not squirting fluid all over the place. It can be corrosive. Use a ratcheting 10mm wrench, slip the tubing onto the bleeder nipple and place the end into a bottle, then slide the wrench over that .Also, NJK20 is correct on the bleeding order for a front wheel drive car. FL, FR, RL, RR. I just did it last week.
Thanks, So slip the tubing over the nipple and wrench OVER the tubing?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #61
Liquid_Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by method:K20Z1 View Post
Thanks, So slip the tubing over the nipple and wrench OVER the tubing?

Edit:

Nevermind, so it looks something like this?

Old 11-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #62
shinichi
Thats a Moh Fahk Lai

shinichi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The tubing is to catch the brake fluid that comes out of the bleeder screw, its also helpful in determining if the brake fluid is still dirty because you can see the color of the fluid that comes out. It can also help you see if you still got air bubbles coming out of the bleeder screw.

To loosen the bleeder screw, you'll need to use a 8mm wrench iirc.
shinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 AM   #63
Liquid_Turbo

How many bottles is required for a COMPLETE flush?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:59 AM   #64
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
you can't do a complete flush you need the honda tool to flush the abs module if im correct, probably 2-3 bottles should be plenty. You dont ever let the master get empty or near empty.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #65
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx upshotunity is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
you can't do a complete flush you need the honda tool to flush the abs module if im correct, probably 2-3 bottles should be plenty. You dont ever let the master get empty or near empty.
Most important thing. if air gets in your screwed and will start all over. Then you can go through alot of bottles.
Old 11-25-2009, 02:49 AM   #66
Liquid_Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshotunity View Post
Most important thing. if air gets in your screwed and will start all over. Then you can go through alot of bottles.
Air gets in when someone releases the brake pedal with the bleeder screw loose?
Old 11-25-2009, 08:24 AM   #67
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Turbo View Post
Air gets in when someone releases the brake pedal with the bleeder screw loose?
not if you have your tube from the bleeder valve in a cup of brake fluid. so instead of sucking air when the pedal is released it actually will suck up brake fluid.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #68
vandal

vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx vandal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
BACK FROM TEH DEAD!!!

ok so would it be the same if im going from the OEM DOT3 to the motul rbf600 DOT4???

im a little lost...

so do i suck up the fluid a little then dump in teh dot4 bleed add more bleed until its clear?

IDKWTFtodo...
help?
vandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #69
upshotunity
Get of My Nuts

dot4 is fine
Old 03-18-2011, 10:59 PM   #70
clean3two3
Master Member

clean3two3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I'm glad I invested in speed bleeders I can do my brake flush in about 30-40 min by myself
clean3two3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #71
8ur civic
DIYer

8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 8ur civic is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean3two3 View Post
I'm glad I invested in speed bleeders I can do my brake flush in about 30-40 min by myself
with you on this one.lol this things come in handy and you get to avoid all the
late night crew member #1
- 09 tsx tech =stock,DD
-06 rsx type s=bolt ons, weekend warrior
MM cReW wHeRe wE mAkE pPl
1,000 shot of nitrous crew member #1
8ur civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #72
integra_nub

integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
i know this is old, but figured i post my recent fluid change. I am guessing it was time?

In for comments. Besides "way to go for reviving an old thread". I figured this was better than starting a new one?
integra_nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #73
bluej511
Name's Vic

That is some disgusting shit. I can only imagine how much water ended up in your calipers haha.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #74
integra_nub

integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integra_nub is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Not sure if there was water in it. But I assume it was black from autocrossing?
integra_nub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #75
bluej511
Name's Vic

Was saying that because brake fluid is hygroscopic, holds water. Should be bled ever 2yrs. Higher temp should be used if you boil dot 3-4.