DIY: Power Steering Removal!! - Page 11 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-01-2015, 02:03 AM   #251
Cloneufc

Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Cloneufc might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
After doing this mod, the revs climb noticeably faster! Its hard to tell but there is a hp gain from less parasitic drag.

As far as driving goes, the car feels like a dream! I feel like I am the car!

Im going to go under my car when I get the chance and remove the rest of the power steering lines. Im going to see if I can drain the rest of the fuid out of the rack from the bottom.
Cloneufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2016, 04:38 PM   #252
03RsexBrokeBoiiz

03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03RsexBrokeBoiiz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Cant you just use a Ktuned EP3 Idler puller instead?
03RsexBrokeBoiiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #253
slow03em2
05ep3 owner

slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slow03em2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
so a 50.5 belt fits either k20a2 or k20z1 crank pulley with a/c+p/s deleted?

Old 04-03-2017, 05:54 PM   #254
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloneufc View Post
Its confirmed, the 06-08 Civic Si and the K24z7 idler does fit!
I will post a pic of the Duralast serpentine belt part number that fits. This is for PS delete only. 653K7 Duralast

Also, if you dont bleed most of the fluid out, you'll be like WTF! The steering wheel will take hercules himself to turn it. After you bleed as much fluid out as you can, the steering wont be bad at all.

Use a 12mm wrench and remove the nut on the left side of the steering rack. Use something to catch the fluid. Turn the wheel left and right all the way, until no more fluid comes out.

Based on this information, if you bleed out the P/S fluid from the rack, do you need the loop or can you just buy a 16x1.5mm and 14x1.5mm cap/plug and remove the lines?

Last edited by nats007; 04-03-2017 at 05:57 PM..
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:39 PM   #255
ChenzoDC5

ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ChenzoDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bump! I'd like to know if we could cap or just loop aswell..
'07 VW GTI
'83 Starion Turbo New Project
'13 Focus ST Daily Driver
ChenzoDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 03:57 PM   #256
ricedoutrsx

ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ricedoutrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Which AN fittings did you use specifically?
ricedoutrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #257
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Update... I just completed this DIY. Instead of the AN fittings, I used a 14x1.5mm bolt and a 16x1.5mm bolt since I drained all the fluid out of the rack. Also, to pull the 2 lines in the rack, I needed 14mm and a 17mm crowfoot socket. Other than that, the DIY is spot on.

Biggest PITA was pulling the old lines out... Be patient and you can get it done. Last note, I had a hell of a time trying to find the right size belt. I'd recommend the KTuned EP3 adjustable idler pulley as it solved 3 weeks of headaches and talking with auto parts folks that don't understand what you are doing.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #258
NotoriousEgg
Certified Ziptie Tech

NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Update... I just completed this DIY. Instead of the AN fittings, I used a 14x1.5mm bolt and a 16x1.5mm bolt since I drained all the fluid out of the rack. Also, to pull the 2 lines in the rack, I needed 14mm and a 17mm crowfoot socket. Other than that, the DIY is spot on.

Biggest PITA was pulling the old lines out... Be patient and you can get it done. Last note, I had a hell of a time trying to find the right size belt. I'd recommend the KTuned EP3 adjustable idler pulley as it solved 3 weeks of headaches and talking with auto parts folks that don't understand what you are doing.
I just got the Ktuned ac/ps delete kit (waiting on mail) and I'm finally gunna get this done. I remember reading something about wether looping the system with fluid is better or worse then just plugging it after draining the fluid. I was planning on just plugging like you but for some reason second guessed myself upon ordering. Could someone enlighten me once again?
SRI,RBC,PLM RH, 2.5E CUTOUT, KPRO
NotoriousEgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:36 AM   #259
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousEgg View Post
I just got the Ktuned ac/ps delete kit (waiting on mail) and I'm finally gunna get this done. I remember reading something about wether looping the system with fluid is better or worse then just plugging it after draining the fluid. I was planning on just plugging like you but for some reason second guessed myself upon ordering. Could someone enlighten me once again?
I didn't loop because I drained all the fluid out the rack... I wish I found better bolts to cap it, but I haven't had any issues. I read it was much harder to turn the wheel leaving the fluid in vs draining it.

I'm actually happy I did this. Car feels great while in motion above 10mph lol. Parking is a bitch, but manageable.

Last edited by nats007; 08-17-2017 at 07:38 AM..
Old 04-26-2019, 04:41 PM   #260
Mikecrowley213

Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikecrowley213 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What is everyone doing with the pressure switch? Well any lights on the dash come on?
Mikecrowley213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #261
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikecrowley213 View Post
What is everyone doing with the pressure switch? Well any lights on the dash come on?
Funny you brought this up... I've had my disconnected and had the plug just sitting in the bay for over a year. I recently been having electrical issues causing my car to bog/fuel cut. I'm not sure if this is the issue, but the plug was exposed to the outside elements. I taped it off and relocated to a spot where it won't be exposed to the elements.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #262
GraceNoah

GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for sharing the information. . .
GraceNoah is offline   Reply With Quote