DIY: Power Steering Removal!! - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-08-2008, 05:08 AM   #26
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCustoms View Post
because its not going to be a DD for much longer. plus it's not as bad as people make it sound. maybe if you were a fucking crybaby, then this mod would not be for you.
I agree

fuckin cry babies

Its honestly not hard at all to drive, fucking people make it out to be way more than it is..
magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #27
Lakaii

Lakaii is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hey does anyone want to sell me their power steering pump and lines? i have a 2005 rsx-s and there's a hole in my feed line now... and the dealership is going to charge me 242 for the part and 360 for labor.... HELP!!! lol...
Lakaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:20 PM   #28
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakaii View Post
Hey does anyone want to sell me their power steering pump and lines? i have a 2005 rsx-s and there's a hole in my feed line now... and the dealership is going to charge me 242 for the part and 360 for labor.... HELP!!! lol...
360 for labor to replace a feed line

find a used line for like 100 bucks and install it yourself

Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 AM   #29
Lakaii

well the thing is they have to order the entire hose and pump system as one piece because thats how it comes... and they said the entire thing is all one piece connected and that they are going to have to remove a bunch of parts and thats why its going to cost so much.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:23 AM   #30
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakaii View Post
well the thing is they have to order the entire hose and pump system as one piece because thats how it comes... and they said the entire thing is all one piece connected and that they are going to have to remove a bunch of parts and thats why its going to cost so much.
uhh
http://www.hondapartsunlimited.com/s...hidIrno=%7C004

$189 bucks....
Old 05-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #31
Lakaii

thanks dude i'm lovin it
Old 05-29-2008, 07:22 AM   #32
Gdog87

Gdog87 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
very nice Paint drawings lol
Gdog87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #33
KazeSpec
Engineering

KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx
KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx
thanks lollll
All Motor Crew#8, Motorcycle Crew #37
KazeSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:40 AM   #34
Gargan
V8 Powered

Gargan is not even half way to the top Gargan is not even half way to the top Gargan is not even half way to the top
Gargan is not even half way to the top Gargan is not even half way to the top Gargan is not even half way to the top Gargan is not even half way to the top Gargan is not even half way to the top
I've been contemplating this for awhile now. I'm still not sure if I'll do it or not but it's nice to have the write up in case I do. Thanks. +rep
Gargan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 03:34 AM   #35
KazeSpec
Engineering

KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx KazeSpec is loved by everyone on c-rsx
and returned
Old 05-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #36
Kingdom
Master Member

Kingdom is on a distinguished road
wow great guide!

'13 Impreza 2.0 (stock)
'03 ninja 250 (hibernating)
'05 350z (sold)
'02 RSX (sold)
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #37
KazeSpec
Engineering

thanks!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #38
DiamondSack

DiamondSack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Which serpentine belt would i use if...?

im doin some work on an 05 rsx-s that, due to being a theft recovery all of the ac components are missing. does anyone know which belt i would use if i were to only remove the ac?
DiamondSack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #39
ivtech2

ivtech2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i'll buy someones ac compressor. pm me
ivtech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #40
igaryy
needs a fasttter car = \

igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though igaryy is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner-stop View Post
gay, why the hell would you remove it if your car is a daily driver? yes i know its heavy and useless for racing but WHYYYYY for daily driving? do you like turning the wheel more by using more effort?
hmm cant you just use an aftermarket steering wheel?
does that loosen the steering by quite a bit?
so then u can havethe best of both worlds
igaryy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:08 AM   #41
RSSEXtype-sizzle
BeKWeeZee

RSSEXtype-sizzle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
does that wear out the sterring joints quicker, becuase it just seems like from the wheel on the interior to the box it would, especially with wider wheels/tires
Old 01-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #42
iBoost
U mad bro?

iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
I need the part numbers for the EP3 parts... anyone have them?
iBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #43
iBoost
U mad bro?

iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit iBoost probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Wait... i think I found them.

Is this correct?
3 31175-PRA-000 BRACKET, IDLE PULLEY
5 31185-PCX-003 COVER, BEARING
7 31190-RRA-A00 PULLEY, IDLE
12 90031-PRA-000 BOLT, SPECIAL FLANGE (10X25)

iBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #44
tredoggg

tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tredoggg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hmm this should help me alot
tredoggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #45
BuiltRSX
Master Member

BuiltRSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
to run no ac and keep ps, you need a 54.5" belt. its 6 ribbed, unless you can get the DC5 one from Japan. I am thinking bout removing my ps soon, ac is already gone. I got a ? though, I loop the feed/return line, with prob 10-12" line. What do I do with all the other lines, and do I keep the resevoir? Also, would I be able to remove the original tensioner, or need to keep it?

Looking for weight loss, more muscle definition or an athletic edge? visit
www.justinstricklin.bodybyvi.com PM for more info if needed
BuiltRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #46
KazeSpec
Engineering

all the other lines are removed, the feed/return lines are the only ones that enter the rack. every other part of the PS system (reservoirs, pump, etc) are removed. you need to keep the tensioner.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #47
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

bkk6284 is on a distinguished road bkk6284 is on a distinguished road
haha i like the paint diagrams.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #48
KazeSpec
Engineering

Old 12-01-2009, 12:12 AM   #49
Obleezie
:Drool:

Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Obleezie might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
just got these parts so i can do this. THANKS!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obleezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:05 AM   #50
KazeSpec
Engineering