Installing KPRO in your base auto, and a budget a2 cam swap + turbo - Page 4 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #76
DJCarbine
dolan pls

DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though
Since you have an auto, there is no difference. If you had a manual, you might have issues with reverse lockout

Just tell boomslang exactly what you are doing, and you need a conversion harness for using an 02-04 Kpro ecu in an 05-06 base auto.

Give them my name and they should be able to remember, I think I was the first person to order such a harness from them

Evan Sizemore

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #77
TurboSupra94

TurboSupra94 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
iPhone Posted from an iPhone

Any tips to give em such as a few wires that were off in your harness or you had no problems?
TurboSupra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 05:08 PM   #78
DJCarbine
dolan pls

DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though DJCarbine is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSupra94 View Post
Any tips to give em such as a few wires that were off in your harness or you had no problems?
Read through my post, I think I said which wires were off/not working correctly

One was the speed sensor, the AUTO ecu gets the speed signal and the Kpro ecu doesn't get it

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY

Old 02-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #79
TurboSupra94

TurboSupra94 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
So I'm pretty positive that I'm going with Joel for the wire harness. Should be getting a type s ecu in the mail in the next couple of days. Then sending it in to Club RSX for Kpro.

Joel said he'll email me a basic tune in order to drive it to a shop to get it really tuned near me. Just waiting to hear back from him again to finish on some details.

ePhase Networks LLC (web host)
www.ephasenetworks.com
TurboSupra94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #80
ryan02

ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
ep guy here

Did you use stock spring and retainers? With that much lift, I would have thought an upgrade would be good

And no timing chain upgrade either I guess?

02' NHBP Ep3-First Car
ryan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:43 PM   #81
DJCarbine
dolan pls

Stock springs and retainers
Stock timing chain/tensioner

I recently upped my rev limit to 8000 in Kpro

Upgrades can't hurt, but so far its ok with my combination

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 02-27-2010, 07:31 PM   #82
ryan02

ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ryan02 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
true JW thanks. I'll try stock

careful revving to 8000. the a3 rods have been known to fail at high rpm's

02' NHBP Ep3-First Car
ryan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 10:58 AM   #83
DJCarbine
dolan pls

Updated calibration for anyone needing a basemap for a K20a3 running A2 cams in vtec killer configuration

This map is only using the low cam angle, as I was noticing some bugs when using both maps, such as the cam angle being stuck at the highest level from the low map when transitioning into the high map, but pulling fuel from the high map.

This map has less resolution, but performs better due to not having to deal with that bug.

Also, if the ECU ever gets in a situation where it will not allow normal vtec operation(even though you don't have vtec anymore), you will never need the high cam map anyways
Attached Files
File Type: kal No vtec Cam Angle.kal (47.0 KB, 350 views)

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 03-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #84
jesterjin

jesterjin is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i was actually going to start this process until all my money went into cosmetic repair but let the funds amass again

if i e-mailed boomslag with the fixes, do you think they would be able produce a new harness?

may i ask what supporting mods you have?

thanks for taking the time to write this up! gives me a lot of hope

jesterjin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #85
DJCarbine
dolan pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesterjin View Post
i was actually going to start this process until all my money went into cosmetic repair but let the funds amass again

if i e-mailed boomslag with the fixes, do you think they would be able produce a new harness?

may i ask what supporting mods you have?

thanks for taking the time to write this up! gives me a lot of hope
I have a CAI and gutted cat with a greddy evoII catback

Other than that, no internal work other than the cams

Boomslang didn't really respond to me at all after I asked them questions about the harness, and its not really hard to switch the pins yourself.

In fact, its a good idea to expect and be able to switch wiring pins and troubleshoot before attempting this

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 03-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #86
jesterjin

i work with small electronic boards so i'm familiar with some wiring, pins and connectors, but just thought the less work involved the less that can go wrong

are you thinking of doing a a2 piston and rod swap anytime soon?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:55 PM   #87
DJCarbine
dolan pls

Quote:
i work with small electronic boards so i'm familiar with some wiring, pins and connectors, but just thought the less work involved the less that can go wrong

are you thinking of doing a a2 piston and rod swap anytime soon?
Negative, the next step is a turbo kit. I'm only revving it super high right now (7800rpm) because the base gearing sucks and the higher in the rev's I land when I shift the better

Turbo kit should help a lot

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 03-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #88
jesterjin

Sounds awesome, another boosted auto

Do you forsee any complications with the vtec killer setup and boost? I'm looking to go the supercharged route eventually.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:19 PM   #89
DJCarbine
dolan pls

Quote:
Sounds awesome, another boosted auto

Do you forsee any complications with the vtec killer setup and boost? I'm looking to go the supercharged route eventually.
I do not, but we will see soon enough. I'm peicing together a kit using all used parts for cheap (sub $700) and am going to run low boost (5-7psi)

The turbo will be generic, and the kit will be on for less than 5K miles. I want to see how the engine will react, and then upgrade the turbo and supporting parts later

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 03-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #90
slama4
Master Member

slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
I do not, but we will see soon enough. I'm peicing together a kit using all used parts for cheap (sub $700) and am going to run low boost (5-7psi)

The turbo will be generic, and the kit will be on for less than 5K miles. I want to see how the engine will react, and then upgrade the turbo and supporting parts later
in for results. i'm kinda on the same path atm. reflash or kpro and hopefully cams this year, if not then next, and we'll see after that. i'm pretty low on funds and getting an exhaust right away, plus we'll see how much i get into motocross this year.

07 GSXR-600 Race bike
02 YZ125

K-Pro Tuners - The #1 Site for Real Calibrations by Real People
K20A2/K24A4 PARTOUT
slama4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #91
guswaym
Special Olympics Winner

guswaym might be well recognized one day on c-rsx guswaym might be well recognized one day on c-rsx guswaym might be well recognized one day on c-rsx guswaym might be well recognized one day on c-rsx guswaym might be well recognized one day on c-rsx guswaym might be well recognized one day on c-rsx guswaym might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
did you ever get a chance to dyno your car im kind of wondering what the base puts out with these cams
2003 Acura RSX Type-S SOLD
guswaym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:54 AM   #92
DJCarbine
dolan pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by guswaym View Post
did you ever get a chance to dyno your car im kind of wondering what the base puts out with these cams
Someone on k20a'org dyno'd and put down close to 200whp with a good tune on kpro

diablo 3 DJCarbine#1903
Budget Turbo Build
Base Auto Kpro DIY
Old 03-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #93
dkid15
los crillodillos?

dkid15 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
the base gets the a2 oil pump.... hell be ok at 8k
Old 03-14-2010, 06:25 PM   #94
slama4
Master Member

slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx slama4 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkid15 View Post
the base gets the a2 oil pump.... hell be ok at 8k
thought it was the rods that are the problem ?

07 GSXR-600 Race bike
02 YZ125

K20A2/K24A4 PARTOUT
Old 03-21-2010, 07:18 PM   #95
dkid15
los crillodillos?

Rod bolts, And youll be fine going to 8k. A member on ephatch was going to 8.5k on an ep3 pump(garbage) and stock rods/bolts
Old 03-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #96
02209rsx21
Bazooka Tooth

02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 02209rsx21 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
soooo. pass smog?

After the cam rockers and kpro did u pass smog I want to do it but I need to be able to pass cali smog
02209rsx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 01:00 PM   #97
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02209rsx21 View Post
After the cam rockers and kpro did u pass smog I want to do it but I need to be able to pass cali smog
pay someone to pass smog for you. you wont pass with that in cali. hes in IL where emissions are much easier

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:59 PM   #98
slama4
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkid15 View Post
Rod bolts, And youll be fine going to 8k. A member on ephatch was going to 8.5k on an ep3 pump(garbage) and stock rods/bolts
was..? as in like past tense?

07 GSXR-600 Race bike
02 YZ125

K20A2/K24A4 PARTOUT
Old 03-24-2010, 09:22 PM   #99
Sephitrask
Rotary Trooper

Sephitrask is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by slama4 View Post

if he is revving to 8.5k on a stock a3, he won't be doing it for long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamBOM View Post
And does it explain the coolant smell? DO MY FARTS SMELL OF COOLANT?!?!?!
"The way a Rotary engine makes power is ferocious, much like having a chainsaw under your right foot."
Sephitrask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:07 AM   #100
dkid15
los crillodillos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slama4 View Post
pulled to motor for a k24 and turbo. His name was supercharged k20. made 253 whp on a camd, meth'd, jrsc a3. He went to 8500 all the time. Jiyyaku from skunk2 took his all motor a3 to 8700 as well. He had an a2 pump though unlike the other person mentioned. Neither motors blew btw.