DIY climate control lights - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-12-2015, 05:18 AM   #51
typesexy07

typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx typesexy07 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I called the dealership and they said they are 14v 40ma bulbs not 12v bulbs... would that mean using a 12v bulb be slightly dimmer?
typesexy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2015, 07:30 AM   #52
arthiSuresh

arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx arthiSuresh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks...nice post.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:04 PM   #53
LoloBuns

LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yo! My lights went out a couple weeks ago and it's been annoying me like crazy! Thank God for this DIY write-up :-)
LoloBuns is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2015, 04:58 AM   #54
ohHAIdc5
Low&Slow

ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
uhh.. I'm not getting this? on the 4th photo where does it show the light bulb/wiring location. I cant see it?...
ohHAIdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:54 AM   #55
LoloBuns

LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LoloBuns is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohHAIdc5 View Post
uhh.. I'm not getting this? on the 4th photo where does it show the light bulb/wiring location. I cant see it?...
You shouldn't have to worry about any wiring. The only wiring you need to disconnect is the main harness after you pop out the whole assembly from the dash. After that point, it's just a matter of removing the screws and directly replacing the bulbs.
Old 10-09-2015, 02:18 PM   #56
ohHAIdc5
Low&Slow

ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx ohHAIdc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoloBuns View Post
You shouldn't have to worry about any wiring. The only wiring you need to disconnect is the main harness after you pop out the whole assembly from the dash. After that point, it's just a matter of removing the screws and directly replacing the bulbs.

Thanks This helped me understand it better. know where else I can get bulbs for this? we don't have a radio shack here lol
ohHAIdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #57
LoloBuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohHAIdc5 View Post
Thanks This helped me understand it better. know where else I can get bulbs for this? we don't have a radio shack here lol
Glad I was able to help! I just said, eff it, and went to my Honda dealer as I knew they carried it. I forgot exactly what I paid for it, but I know it wasn't more than a few bucks. P/N there is 79670-SL0-A01 (Bulb, Neo-Wedge, 14V 100MA)
Old 10-14-2015, 03:56 PM   #58
alex0925

alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx alex0925 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Changed all of them while I had the console open and now all works great.
alex0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #59
Rob_C

Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Rob_C is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I did this, and the new bulbs worked fine at first. But now theyre out again, the ones that I replaced. Are they prone to vibrating themselves loose or is there a step Im missing to secure them after replacing the bulbs??
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #60
Rindy
「リンディ」

Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though Rindy is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_C View Post
I did this, and the new bulbs worked fine at first. But now theyre out again, the ones that I replaced. Are they prone to vibrating themselves loose or is there a step Im missing to secure them after replacing the bulbs??
Check the bulbs again if they're loose or not. If they aren't, then check the connections on the where the bulb would contact the unit and the wiring harness itself.

And as for the bulbs...I changed them all with the bulbs from Radio Shack.
The buttons were really bright and the dial was a little dim, but it didn't bother me at all. It was still plenty bright to see in the dark.

Also used the same bulbs to change some of the buttons on the cruise control/sunroof buttons. However, the green light on the cruise control button is soldered in.
rindy rindy bo-bindy
banana-fana fo findy
fee fi mo miiindy!!!

RINDY!!
Rindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:16 AM   #61
twitchyzero

twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx twitchyzero is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
my ac/recirc/rear defroster button went

ordered a pair of the white base bulbs, still no go after installation

is it the three grey ones that i need?? i'm already out $10 so would appreciate some input

also no go on the moonroof radio shack bulb after replacement...but every other bulb works just fine

need some pointers
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #62
OliverV

OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx OliverV is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
my ac/recirc/rear defroster button went

ordered a pair of the white base bulbs, still no go after installation

is it the three grey ones that i need?? i'm already out $10 so would appreciate some input

also no go on the moonroof radio shack bulb after replacement...but every other bulb works just fine

need some pointers
yes, you will need the three grey ones. just replaced the two white ones and i got my result what i needed!
OliverV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 04:31 AM   #63
GraceNoah

GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GraceNoah is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Great information shared. . .
GraceNoah is offline   Reply With Quote