Water / Meth Injection with Roots Superchargers - Page 9 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #201
tony_routh88

tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
they say 6 inches from the throttle body but if you're between the throttlw body and the blower, the blower will help atomize the meth
tony_routh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM   #202
stwatson
Meth Blow Speed = my life

stwatson gets around and is known
stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony_routh88 View Post
they say 6 inches from the throttle body but if you're between the throttlw body and the blower, the blower will help atomize the meth
Relying on the blower to distribute the methanol is a bad idea...

Look at Sharper's #1 cylinder....
13.0 @ 113mph (Traction is not my friend)
stwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #203
Md_DC5

Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Hey sam im getting the things i need to rewire my kit together and for the relay in the diagram did you use the one that came with the coolingmist kit?

Its got a black, blue, red, white, and yellow wire coming off it.

Old 06-30-2010, 11:25 AM   #204
stwatson

stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known stwatson gets around and is known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Md_DC5 View Post
Hey sam im getting the things i need to rewire my kit together and for the relay in the diagram did you use the one that came with the coolingmist kit?

Its got a black, blue, red, white, and yellow wire coming off it.
Ummm...I just used the relay that they supplied with the kit from Coolingmist. I dont know if the colors of the wires matter, but the relay itself should be labeled on which part is which.

Go to my other water meth thread and you'll see a great diagram on how to wire the relay and a switch together...it will also show you how the relay should be labeled.

Does that answer your question?
Old 06-30-2010, 11:26 AM   #205
tony_routh88

tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tony_routh88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The nozzle will distribute the meth evenly all the blower is gonna do is help everything atomize
Old 06-30-2010, 11:28 AM   #206
stwatson

Quote:
The nozzle will distribute the meth evenly all the blower is gonna do is help everything atomize
Not really...

The atomization comes directly from the nozzle...watch the videos of the methanol being atomized straight from the nozzle. The blower will then churn the methanol on itself (cooling the blower) and to the motor. Does the blower do this evenly...no...and this has been proven with the failure of Sharpers #1 cylinder.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #207
Md_DC5

Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Md_DC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ya thanks sam that does answer my question and yes the wires are labeled the same as the ones in the diagram in the other water/meth thread.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #208
tony_routh88

Then the blower isn't distributing air evenly to the cylinders. If you're spraying pre blower, its going to go through the blower in liquid form (well a mist)
Old 06-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #209
stwatson

Quote:
Then the blower isn't distributing air evenly to the cylinders. If you're spraying pre blower, its going to go through the blower in liquid form (well a mist)
exactly...the blower is not distributing the air evenly...as we have unfortunately found out. Luckily the issue is not dramatic and does not harm the motor, but when it comes to spraying methanol this slight difference becomes amplified.

Because of this I have added 3% fuel to my cylinder #1 to ensure that it is getting enough fuel during WOT conditions. This being said I still highly suggest that you spray BEFORE the blower as the methanol/water mist will provide substantial cooling to the blower casing and the blower itself.

The issue at hand here is that if you place the nozzles too far away from the blower, the methanol is going to just coat the inside of the intake tubes and not reach the motor.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:25 PM   #210
tony_routh88

I'm running an intercooled rotrex charger lol so ill do all my spraying right before the manifold in the charge pipe coming from the intercooler
Old 06-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #211
tony_routh88

I'm not too familiar with roots style blowers since I have done all my research on the rotrex
Old 06-30-2010, 01:35 PM   #212
stwatson

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with roots style blowers since I have done all my research on the rotrex
With the rotrex you can run the RBC manifold which is a far superior design of manifold for consistent air flow to all cylinders.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #213
2010 admin

If I kept the blower, I was looking at doing a direct-port setup to each cylinder, in addition to the big nozzle ahead of the throttle body. Something like a 2 or a 3-sized jet. The room is there, you could just tap the manifold for 1/8" NPT above each intake port.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:44 PM   #214
stwatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
If I kept the blower, I was looking at doing a direct-port setup to each cylinder, in addition to the big nozzle ahead of the throttle body. Something like a 2 or a 3-sized jet. The room is there, you could just tap the manifold for 1/8" NPT above each intake port.
wow....thats a lot of work...but would be awesome.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #215
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stwatson View Post
wow....thats a lot of work...but would be awesome.
Not really much work. Billet aluminum manifold blocks are inexpensive and then you are just on the hook for a solenoid and some plumbing.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #216
Fireblade893

Fireblade893 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i want to spray before the blower but after the throttle!i have made a hole in the blower inlet manifold for the ais 14gph nozzle!
my wideband sonde are in the cil 1-2 because they usually run lean with the ep3 jr manifold with a bad design 0 runner
Fireblade893 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:57 PM   #217
stwatson

Quote:
Not really much work. Billet aluminum manifold blocks are inexpensive and then you are just on the hook for a solenoid and some plumbing.
Oh yea...I keep forgetting you are like a Deity when it comes to auto work.

On the 1st day he created internal combustion
On the 2nd day he created the element aluminum
On the 3rd day he created the Acura RSX
Then he slept with a Corona and lime

For ME it would be a nice pain in the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade893 View Post
i want to spray before the blower but after the throttle!i have made a hole in the blower inlet manifold for the ais 14gph nozzle!
my wideband sonde are in the cil 1-2 because they usually run lean with the ep3 jr manifold with a bad design 0 runner
Try it out! See how it goes! Post some datalogs when you've tried it and we can tell you if its working or not.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:04 PM   #218
tony_routh88

I have an fg2 civic si, in order to maintain the rbc id lose a/c lol so ill have a new manifold
Old 06-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #219
stwatson

Quote:
I have an fg2 civic si, in order to maintain the rbc id lose a/c lol so ill have a new manifold
ewwww...that sucks.

What manifold are you going with?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #220
himsweet66six
Hawks

himsweet66six is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
exactly...the blower is not distributing the air evenly...as we have unfortunately found out. Luckily the issue is not dramatic and does not harm the motor, but when it comes to spraying methanol this slight difference becomes amplified.

Because of this I have added 3% fuel to my cylinder #1 to ensure that it is getting enough fuel during WOT conditions. This being said I still highly suggest that you spray BEFORE the blower as the methanol/water mist will provide substantial cooling to the blower casing and the blower itself.

The issue at hand here is that if you place the nozzles too far away from the blower, the methanol is going to just coat the inside of the intake tubes and not reach the motor.
so do u think i need to relocate my nozzles? i mean no one said anything when i posted pics up. i just hope its not too far away.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #221
stwatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by himsweet66six View Post
so do u think i need to relocate my nozzles? i mean no one said anything when i posted pics up. i just hope its not too far away.
yours is fine....

his was nearly 1.5 feet from the throttle body. If yours is that far away then yes I would relocate it closer.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:17 PM   #222
himsweet66six
Hawks

himsweet66six is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
yours is fine....

his was nearly 1.5 feet from the throttle body. If yours is that far away then yes I would relocate it closer.
its about in the middle of my cai. maybe a little closer to the trottle body.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:32 PM   #223
stwatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by himsweet66six View Post
its about in the middle of my cai. maybe a little closer to the trottle body.
if its a foot and a half away I would move it...thats 3 times the distance that is recommended. Keep it as close to 6inches as you can.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:54 PM   #224
tony_routh88

I'm using a custom made manifold from richard albans at tts, it would be nice to retain the rbc but the si has absolutely no room under the hood to put a charger and all that piping. Good thing is the rotrex is sucking through the throttle body and mine will be close to 70mm
Old 06-30-2010, 05:39 PM   #225
sharper
Alky fed rat.

sharper is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Relying on the blower to distribute the methanol is a bad idea...
Look at Sharper's #1 cylinder....
Quote:
Not really...

The atomization comes directly from the nozzle...watch the videos of the methanol being atomized straight from the nozzle. The blower will then churn the methanol on itself (cooling the blower) and to the motor. Does the blower do this evenly...no...and this has been proven with the failure of Sharpers #1 cylinder.
Sam, I'm not 100% convinced that methanol injection amplifies the flow issue with the Moss DC5 manifold, well it does, but not how you think. Follow me on this.

1.In the little bit of testing on the flow for the moss DC5/EP3 manifolds I have seen, cylinder #1 goes lean, On the EP3 it is worse.

2. If all injectors are spraying exactly the same the only way you would see a lean condition in #1 cylinder is if that cylinder was getting MORE air than the others. This is an important point. So I can only assume that the manifold flows more air to #1 cylinder than the others, that is the flow issue.

So..............

3. We add methanol to the mix, and add it to the system before the blower. The blower then unevenly distributes it to the cylinders, #1 getting the most. We pull fuel across the board to bring our a/f to an optimal ratio due to the added fuel, Methanol. Theoretically speaking, #1 cylinder, when spraying meth, is most likley running the richest of all 4 cylinders because it is recieving the additional flow from the blower.

4. In my opinion, this is when bad things happen..........The flow of methanol is interupted.
With the adjusted fuel map, now #1 goes lean, very lean, gets hot, starts to knock badly, and burns.

So I think that if anything, a properly functioning methanol injection system may help balance the flow issues that cause the Moss manifold to lean out cyl #1. Theoretically. No way to really know unless someone tests the theory with a header that has 4 O2 bungs welded in and spends some time on a dyno.

Quote:
I have considered this but talked myself out of it. I have a wishlist cart at Summit with all the required pieces even. I'm just not convinced it solves anything.

On a side note, I should have my CAI back from the fabricator soon and I'll post pics of my nozzle setup. Going to run 14/10 as a dual stage, with a third port tapped and ready for a third. I'll never learn.

Quote:
You don't learn to swim by asking everyone else how the water is. You gotta' jump the fuck in.
sharper is offline   Reply With Quote