Giant DIY List - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #51
himynameismatt

himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx himynameismatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I approve this thread
'03 NBP RSX Type-S
himynameismatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2010, 01:49 PM   #52
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice, finally stickied!

MyFaultDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 PM   #53
RSX-Served

RSX-Served is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Here is another one worthy of being posted IMO:

Manual Transmission Fluid Change:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=378063

Old 05-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #54
No Future
Ibredlightreving

No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
here is a good one for Jdm sidemarkers"DIY JDM sidemarkers complete installation guide with pics"
"

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=304777

Last edited by No Future; 05-10-2010 at 03:52 PM..
No Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:50 PM   #55
marsman328
they call me Marsh

marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life
marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life marsman328 really needs a life
sticked FTW!
marsman328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:25 PM   #56
dc5_rupert

dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5_rupert is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
subed
Broke Student Crew #55
dc5_rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #57
inmydream316
Kevin★05 DC5-S

inmydream316 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Great!
Visit my blog for DC5
inmydream316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #58
MyFaultDC5
Is Going K24 (hoping...)

MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MyFaultDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
this site is helpful for things to that are DIY

http://www.diymyhonda.com/rsx/category/base-model/
http://www.diymyhonda.com/rsx/category/type-s/

MyFaultDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:16 AM   #59
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrybeats View Post
wow, first helpful thing i've ever seen you post.

props

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #60
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyNguyen924 View Post
maybe this can be on your list lol..i think you should make the words linkable like this so it is easier to read, without all the link in your face..idk just a opinion

DIY Serpentine Belt Change
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSX-Served View Post
Here is another one worthy of being posted IMO:

Manual Transmission Fluid Change:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=378063
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezr1213 View Post
here is a good one for Jdm sidemarkers"DIY JDM sidemarkers complete installation guide with pics"
"

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=304777
added the requests above and ill get to changing the URLs when i have time.

once again thanks for everything people

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #61
inmydream316
Kevin★05 DC5-S

inmydream316 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
what about HID ?
Visit my blog for DC5
inmydream316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #62
Jedi
Textbook Narcissist

Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jedi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
<3 your list. HID's should be self explanatory lol.
All Motor Crew #29
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:17 AM   #63
blissenterprises

blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blissenterprises is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
nice thread
blissenterprises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 10:45 AM   #64
Ninga13
Intensely Unfocused

Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner
Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner Ninga13 's mom is calling them in for dinner
good shit
Ninga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #65
3rdGearGRNDRR
Section 8

3rdGearGRNDRR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Should change thread title to newbs start here
Old 05-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #66
rick1024
Eat Liberals

rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
D.I.Y. Beginners guide to D.I.Y.s

one thing i learned about life is that knowledge and wisdom is meant to be passed to those who need it, not for one to file it away in the vast library (or small for some folks) of the mind.

i have literally learned a ton of stuff from this website. if it werent for some of these guys i would have never been able to make my car what it is today.

that being said, i am seeing a trend of money being spent not on parts, but on services and installs. a lot of these are fairly simple things you can do yourself. i understand some people dont have time or tools. thats fine. the ones im trying to reach here are the ones lacking confidence or/and know-how. if you fit in that catagory, then read on.

i know it can be scary messing with your car. you dont want to break anything, and thats totally understandable. this should not prevent you from learning how to wrench on your car yourself though. you will find that there is a lot of money to be saved doing your own work, and the best part is, you can spend it on more parts, or hookers.

these are some simple rules you can follow to make learning and building confidence easier.

1. if you really really dont know what your doing, the best thing you can do is find someone who does to SUPERVISE (not do it for you) so that any damage incurred is at a minimum. it really benefits you the most when its someone who works a lot on hondas, and even more for a bonus, dc5s. there is a lot of guys strewn all over the united states right here on these boards. most of them dont mind sharing what they know with a novice. never be afraid to ask for help.

2. spare parts- you cant go wrong with buying spare parts for a project your about to undertake. i myself have begun the practice of buying spare parts for my newer self made or modded projects. if they are affordable, they are valuable to have, just in case you break something. you have the back up to replace it with.

3 start small. you shouldn't rush into a k20 rebuild without knowing how to change an oil filter and oil. start with basic maintenance on your car. changing fluids, replacing hoses, changing a serpentine belt, spark plugs, that sort of thing. start small and work your way up.

4. ALWAYS READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS. as a beginner (and some of us stubborn wanna be experts) it is important for you to know what to do with the part you just bought, and how to properly install it. you will find that in time all thats necessary to install something is simply looking at it. in the meantime, just read the damn instructions. if it didnt come with any, then by all means, search the d.i.y. forums, and if you dont find it there, ask. nothing wrong with asking.

5. take your time. when beginning, its important to take your time when installing or repairing or replacing parts. you rush it, you break it. you do it quickly, you overlook it. you speed up, you do it wrong. its not a race, and theres no penalty for taking an extra long time on a project.

6. get the right tools for the job, and learn how to use them. using screwdrivers as hammers and soldering irons as hole punchers is a great way to break shit or the tools themselves. there are times when theres no other way and its the last resort, but you have to be willing to expect the worst when doing this. highly advise against this.

tools and publications

1. craftsman tools are my favorite. they are built sturdy, and if you manage to break it, take it back to sears and get a replacement, free of charge. when buying a tool set to work on a honda with, your going to be dealing mainly with metric bolts and nuts, as well as some damn allen screws. occasionally you will come across torx bolts, but not as often. the recomendation for a excellent starter kit is as follows

full compliment of metric combination wrenches, if possible of varying lengths
full compliment of metric sockets of both different drive sizes and deep/shallow sockets
various sized screw drivers, phillips and slotted
full compliment of allen wrenches and if possible allen sockets as well
pliers adjustable and needlenose (recommended)
wire cutters, and/or unsheething/crimping tool with connector set (recommended)
soldering iron (recommended)
zip ties
electrical tape
mechanics gloves (awesome)
razor or x-acto knife (not nessary right off, and dangerous, use with extreme caution)

bonus items that really help
floor jack
jackstands

necessary publications are few
basically all you really need is a helms manual, and its available in Kevin949 sig. just do a search for this members name and you will find the link for it in his sig
theres not really a whole lot to it. i hope this helps some of you guys with getting started on saving money and working on your car yourself

i know i forgot some stuff, so i will add later

i am currently working on several d.i.y. threads, and i will add them here so that members can easily find them.

heres a few i have done

esmm install (base rsx) - http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=493419

k24a2 swap (big project) http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ighlight=k24a2

aftermarket hub and steering wheel install with working horn button http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=718259

planned projects:
triple gauge pod climate control trim panel
relocation of clime controls to a boomerrang armrest
energy suspension bushing install
brake rotor and brake pad swap
rear sway bar end link replacement
fuel rail install
valve cover gasket replacement
spark plug replacement
FUCK YOUR OFFSET

Last edited by rick1024; 05-16-2010 at 05:10 PM..
rick1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #67
smithownium
Jedi Master Member

smithownium has been a little shit in the past
smithownium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:02 PM   #68
JeremyPA
I AM DA PHOTO MAN

JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JeremyPA is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
JeremyPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #69
itsBryan
Nomnominin'

itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start
nice! def good for the super noobs out there
piece of shit rsx fucking gay ass raping penis tucking car full of fwd failfucking fuck shit rsx sucks my dick...fwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchbookSS View Post
FWD is for faggots.
E46 ///M3
itsBryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:24 PM   #70
RSX-Served

RSX-Served is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Good advice. I do almost all of my own general maintenance/installs and I've used a lot of the DIY's guides in this forum. They have been a HUGE help . The factory service manual is also a must have for any DIY'er.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:42 PM   #71
DC5_Champ88
Garrett T3/T60-1...BOOST!

DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
one thing i learned about life is that knowledge and wisdom is meant to be passed to those who need it, not for one to file it away in the vast library (or small for some folks) of the mind.

i have literally learned a ton of stuff from this website. if it werent for some of these guys i would have never been able to make my car what it is today.

that being said, i am seeing a trend of money being spent not on parts, but on services and installs. a lot of these are fairly simple things you can do yourself. i understand some people dont have time or tools. thats fine. the ones im trying to reach here are the ones lacking confidence or/and know-how. if you fit in that catagory, then read on.

i know it can be scary messing with your car. you dont want to break anything, and thats totally understandable. this should not prevent you from learning how to wrench on your car yourself though. you will find that there is a lot of money to be saved doing your own work, and the best part is, you can spend it on more parts, or hookers.

these are some simple rules you can follow to make learning and building confidence easier.

1. if you really really dont know what your doing, the best thing you can do is find someone who does to SUPERVISE (not do it for you) so that any damage incurred is at a minimum. it really benefits you the most when its someone who works a lot on hondas, and even more for a bonus, dc5s. there is a lot of guys strewn all over the united states right here on these boards. most of them dont mind sharing what they know with a novice. never be afraid to ask for help.

2. spare parts- you cant go wrong with buying spare parts for a project your about to undertake. i myself have begun the practice of buying spare parts for my newer self made or modded projects. if they are affordable, they are valuable to have, just in case you break something. you have the back up to replace it with.

3 start small. you shouldn't rush into a k20 rebuild without knowing how to change an oil filter and oil. start with basic maintenance on your car. changing fluids, replacing hoses, changing a serpentine belt, spark plugs, that sort of thing. start small and work your way up.

4. ALWAYS READ THE DAMN INSTRUCTIONS. as a beginner (and some of us stubborn wanna be experts) it is important for you to know what to do with the part you just bought, and how to properly install it. you will find that in time all thats necessary to install something is simply looking at it. in the meantime, just read the damn instructions. if it didnt come with any, then by all means, search the d.i.y. forums, and if you dont find it there, ask. nothing wrong with asking.

5. take your time. when beginning, its important to take your time when installing or repairing or replacing parts. you rush it, you break it. you do it quickly, you overlook it. you speed up, you do it wrong. its not a race, and theres no penalty for taking an extra long time on a project.

6. get the right tools for the job, and learn how to use them. using screwdrivers as hammers and soldering irons as hole punchers is a great way to break shit or the tools themselves. there are times when theres no other way and its the last resort, but you have to be willing to expect the worst when doing this. highly advise against this.

tools and publications

1. craftsman tools are my favorite. they are built sturdy, and if you manage to break it, take it back to sears and get a replacement, free of charge. when buying a tool set to work on a honda with, your going to be dealing mainly with metric bolts and nuts, as well as some damn allen screws. occasionally you will come across torx bolts, but not as often. the recomendation for a excellent starter kit is as follows

full compliment of metric combination wrenches, if possible of varying lengths
full compliment of metric sockets of both different drive sizes and deep/shallow sockets
various sized screw drivers, phillips and slotted
full compliment of allen wrenches and if possible allen sockets as well
pliers adjustable and needlenose (recommended)
wire cutters, and/or unsheething/crimping tool with connector set (recommended)
soldering iron (recommended)
zip ties
electrical tape
mechanics gloves (awesome)
razor or x-acto knife (not nessary right off, and dangerous, use with extreme caution)

bonus items that really help
floor jack
jackstands

necessary publications are few
basically all you really need is a helms manual, and its available somewhere on these boards as a free download from some doods sig link ( Kevin949 )

theres not really a whole lot to it. i hope this helps some of you guys with getting started on saving money and working on your car yourself

i know i forgot some stuff, so i will add later

i am currently working on several d.i.y. threads, and i will add them here so that members can easily find them.

heres a few i have done

esmm install (base rsx) - http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=493419

k24a2 swap (big project) http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ighlight=k24a2

aftermarket hub and steering wheel install (coming soon!)

planned projects:
triple gauge pod climate control trim panel
relocation of clime controls to a boomerrang armrest
energy suspension bushing install
brake rotor and brake pad swap
rear sway bar end link replacement
fuel rail install
valve cover gasket replacement
spark plug replacement
quote fixed in RED

Helms is in Kevin949 sig
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BUY MY CAR!!
DC5_Champ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:09 PM   #72
3rdGearGRNDRR
Section 8

3rdGearGRNDRR is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Heres a suggestion. Harbor freight. Buy there first if youneed it super often them buy craftsman
Old 05-11-2010, 05:38 PM   #73
No Future
Ibredlightreving

No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx No Future is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
STICKY THIS PLEASE. all noobs should read this before attempting to start any projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGearGRNDRR View Post
Heres a suggestion. Harbor freight. Buy there first if youneed it super often them buy craftsman
if u have no money those tools would be a good alternitive for craftsman. harbor freight tool's are cheap but some stuff it doesnt make a difference to have for starter tools. but craftsman is a very good quality of tools.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:41 PM   #74
No Future
Ibredlightreving

D.I.Y. Beginners guide to D.I.Y.s

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...1#post33318258
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM   #75
rick1024
Eat Liberals

rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5_Champ88 View Post
quote fixed in RED

Helms is in Kevin949 sig
haha, DOH!

fixed, thanks for pointing it out
FUCK YOUR OFFSET
rick1024 is offline   Reply With Quote