D.I.Y Electronic Power Steering - Page 11 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-28-2017, 12:28 AM   #251
chang_hb

chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx chang_hb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yes I was going to ask the same question.
How did you guys solve the serpentine belt problem?
I'm trying to get rid of the Power Steering Pump and the automatic belt tensioner. I want to retain the A/C and alternator at the factory location.
I've measured the serpentine belt will be at 50" if I route the belt as photo.

Surely I need some kind of belt tension adjustment or possible swap the alternator to D16Y ones.
chang_hb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2017, 04:10 AM   #252
burton5251

burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx burton5251 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
4070653 with Ktuned adjustable EP3 pulley.
burton5251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #253
d.stevenson

d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
can you not just use the ep3 pulley and belt?
d.stevenson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #254
d.stevenson

d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx d.stevenson might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
my wires are different:

eps is not working now, its a manual rack.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:46 PM   #255
d.stevenson

do not have a for sure answer of if solid green=vss/rpm or if its the green w/ white
Old 01-30-2018, 09:39 AM   #256
bazwouterze88

bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bazwouterze88 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
EPS EM2 not working

Maybe someone here could help me with my EPS not working at all.

Set up
K24A3 with EP3 tranny and PRA ecu - doctronic tuned

EP3 EPS rack + control unit.

Pin 7 to A18
Pin 10 to E9
Pin 19 to E26

Im getting power to the control unit - grounds are also good and checked all wires for resistance. Also the motor for the EPS is working.

Replaced control unit, no results
Replaced torque sensor, no results

What could it be?

Getting the following values by measuring from the control unit, engine running and turning on the steering wheel

Pin 3 orange - start engine 0,0V
Pin 5 YEL/RED 0,0V
Pin 7 BLU/WHT 4.65v
Pin 8 BRN 1.6-2.65v
Pin 10 YEL 14v
Pin 11 GRN/YEL 1,15v
Pin 12 BLU/ORN 0.0v
Pin 15 YEL/BLK 1,71v
Pin 17 LTGRN /BLK 0v
Pin 19 BLU NEP 7,27v
Pin 20 GRAY 5v

What I can conclude is that the control unit is getting power - wires to ECU are also correct as im measuring the correct voltage.

Still the control unit that isnt working? Please advice
bazwouterze88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #257
blursx03
日本に住んでいる

blursx03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.stevenson View Post
my wires are different:

eps is not working now, its a manual rack.
Interesting, my wires are also different. Instead of blue you have green wires, etc? Mine are also all shades of green.

Does anyone else have experience with this?

Nevermind! I saw a post on page 6.
ABP Crew Member #5

Last edited by blursx03; 01-30-2018 at 05:50 PM..
blursx03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #258
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
Is there a consensus on whether or not the converter box is needed for 05-06 KPRO'd vehicles? I have several buddies running it just tapped into the KPRO jumper harness and it works fine as the KPRO should be doing the VSS conversion... 1 of their EPS did go out so I'm not sure if it's the necessity of the box still, or if something else went bad. EPS seems to be kind of finicky in general although *knock on wood* I have not had any issues on mine for years...

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:53 PM   #259
tjlaws57

tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tjlaws57 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
EPS conversion

Do you have to use the brain box for the swap or will it work off a switch?
tjlaws57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:12 PM   #260
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
No.... you NEED the BCU lol

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #261
bemmis

bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bemmis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Guys, I no longer have power assist after removing the SRS module, and cutting the wires leading from the 6p SRS connector to the floor wiring harness. At the same time, the dash was removed, although I believe it was reinstalled correctly.

I have DTC 12, 16, 22, and 23. I'm not getting any power to the torque sensor, and even when wired directly to battery, the torque sensor wires at the BCM 20p connector do not change while rotating the wheel, and are between 0 and 1.5v depending on wire.

I've tried a new BCM and new torque sensor via a new rack (wired / tested while uninstalled), neither effect the symptoms.

I'm starting to think something may be instantly frying the BCM and/or torque sensor, because as far as I can tell the torque sensor is the only issue, and since neither that not the BCM that controls it has any effect...

I have more detailed info of voltages, cut wires, etc. I can give you guys if it would help.

I've called King Motorsports (who makes custom harnesses), honda, and other guys who've built race ep3/dc5 and no luck... Almost sad over here. Please help.
bemmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:15 AM   #262
DirtNasti

DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DirtNasti is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Which power steering unit is needed to work with 02 rax type s?
I have found different ones, just want to make sure I get the right one.
DirtNasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:47 AM   #263
Benji '02 Blue RSX
2002 EBP RSX 5m w/Leather

Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Benji '02 Blue RSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNasti View Post
In the first post hes referring to the EP3 rack... that is the rack from the 02-05 Civic Si hatch.
'03 Silver Civic Si (owned since new) -totaled 3/12
Benji '02 Blue RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:31 AM   #264
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNasti View Post
If you need one I have a rack and the BCU. No wiring though. Where are you located?
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
www.k-series.com New lap time!! 2:30.1 lap VIR Full course street tires
caeavesRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote