D.I.Y Electronic Power Steering - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #101
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
It sucks just as much as a Hydraulic looped yes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #102
Bardyla

Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
So you'd be able to feel the road better with it off and if I ran the power to a switch I could have it for parking and turn it off for driving
Bardyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #103
2010 admin

Trust me: You will want to have it on, full time. There is no reason to "switch it off". The BCU cuts power to the rack above a certain speed, anyway.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #104
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

yeah it's a great mod when it works. I would leave it on full time. I will be working on my setup this winter and making it work again...
Old 11-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #105
FLBlueDC5

FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'm thinking of doing this, but a K24A2 is in my future... I understand the EP3 idler pulley and EP3 belt are fine for my K20 but does this go for the K24A2 as well? Anyone have experience with the K-tuned adjustable EP3 pulley, specifically with the K24? (or any other reputable brand) Trying to get some insight so I can continue to accumulate parts for my car. Thanks!
FLBlueDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #106
Bardyla

Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bardyla is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have ktuned pulley on my a3 it uses the k24 belt
Bardyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #107
2010 admin

K-tuned pulley has been working fine for me for several years now.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #108
FLBlueDC5

FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FLBlueDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 admin View Post
K-tuned pulley has been working fine for me for several years now.
Are you running a K24 with EPS? If so, what serpentine belt?
FLBlueDC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #109
2010 admin

Yes. I believe it is about 63".
Old 01-29-2014, 10:45 PM   #110
ditchdigger
05 JGM Type-S

ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ditchdigger is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have a K20Z1 and I want to keep my AC. Has anyone tried that setup?

I'm curious to know what combination of idler/tensioner/belt would be required.
ditchdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:18 AM   #111
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchdigger View Post
I have a K20Z1 and I want to keep my AC. Has anyone tried that setup?

I'm curious to know what combination of idler/tensioner/belt would be required.
I don't remember the size belt I used, but I used the k20z3 idler, and tried their belt originally. It was to small. Our crank pulley and alt pulley must be bigger than theirs. I stepped up to the perfect length, but they only it in a 6 rib instead of 7. If you use a 6 rib, like I did, make sure it is on the outer 6 ribs and leave the inner most rib "empty".
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S
NinetySixYenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #112
nikkarocky
Dooo Maaaa

nikkarocky is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Im using a Z3 belt for my A2 with k-tuned idler pulley
nikkarocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:16 PM   #113
spider_ib

spider_ib is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
How reliable is the EPS in the rsx? Meaning can it go crazy when driving it, causing the car to turn on its own?

I just don't want to be driving and then all of a sudden have the car turn on me.
spider_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:30 PM   #114
2010 admin

Going on six years with mine and zero issues. Best mod I ever did.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #115
spider_ib

spider_ib is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Thanks, I'm starting to clean up my engine bay. That is the reason I am asking.
spider_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #116
elcangri352
Master Member

elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx elcangri352 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
where is there a diy for 02-04 models
Old 02-22-2014, 11:07 PM   #117
2010 admin

It's exactly the same, minus the speed-signal converter.
Old 04-22-2014, 12:42 AM   #118
acepty

acepty is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
some advice needed...

so just finished exchanging my hydraulic ps with the ep3 eps, and went on to wiring the cables, while doing this some how I managed to fit the eps BCU between the a/c cabin pollen filter box and the car ECU, but that left me little options to ground the BCU due to space and cable length constraints:

can anybody confirm if one of this points are safe enough to ground the bcu?

the options I have are a bolt that holds the a/c cabin polen filter box:

or one of the bolts that hold the passenger's airbag tray:

please advise?
acepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #119
Dickbowlmidz
Still here

Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more Dickbowlmidz is a super person....that needs to get out more
there is all that metal there. it wont look as clean but id run a self tapping screw in there and call it a day.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #120
2010 admin

Any of those three metal studs would do or you could drill a new hole, as he mentioned.
Old 04-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #121
fatso666

fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
great spot you found man, congrats!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepty View Post
some advice needed...

so just finished exchanging my hydraulic ps with the ep3 eps, and went on to wiring the cables, while doing this some how I managed to fit the eps BCU between the a/c cabin pollen filter box and the car ECU, but that left me little options to ground the BCU due to space and cable length constraints:

can anybody confirm if one of this points are safe enough to ground the bcu?

the options I have are a bolt that holds the a/c cabin polen filter box:

or one of the bolts that hold the passenger's airbag tray:

please advise?
fatso666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:56 PM   #122
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

I was also going to do it there and ended up putting mine under the radio behind the cigarette lighter
Old 04-23-2014, 10:44 PM   #123
acepty

acepty is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickbowlmidz View Post
there is all that metal there. it wont look as clean but id run a self tapping screw in there and call it a day.
thanks for the advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 admin View Post
Any of those three metal studs would do or you could drill a new hole, as he mentioned.
thanks, I have actually used one of the studs there and it worked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso666 View Post
great spot you found man, congrats!!!!!
thanks bro it wasn't planned at all haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
I was also going to do it there and ended up putting mine under the radio behind the cigarette lighter
thanks for the DIY spaz it help a lot, the eps is working properly
acepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #124
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Alright wizards of EPS. What kind of sorcery did you have to unleash to get this fucking rack back in through the fender well? I've fought with the this thing for 2 hours combined trying to slip it in past the strut assembly and wheel well. About to dose this thing with gas and walk away. I've never been more frustrated in my life. Any help is appreciated. At this point, I'm considering dropping the whole strut assembly.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #125
NinetySixYenko
The CRSX Philosopher

NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road NinetySixYenko is on a distinguished road
who has wiring schematics for both EP3 and 8th gen EPS? I am wondering if a 8th gen BCU will work for us 05-06 VSS guys.
04 RX-8
03 RSX-S
NinetySixYenko is offline   Reply With Quote