AUTO to MANUAL (K20A3) 6-SPEED Transmission swap - Page 6 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #126
Stig
Because STIGCAR

Stig is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
For those of you looking to make the swap I will have a 5-speed trans, wiring harness, ECU, and clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing for sale. Looking for a quick sale. No reasonable offer refused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse_Chevelle
as always, Stig with the info for the masses!

Last edited by Stig; 12-06-2012 at 12:49 AM..
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #127
pongoro87
Master Member

pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
For those of you looking to make the swap I will have a 5-speed trans, wiring harness, ECU, and clutch/flywheel/throwout bearing for sale. Looking for a quick sale. No reasonable offer refused!
pongoro87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #128
stackszrsx

stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Do I NEED to get the rear mount bracket?? im doing a base 5 speed manual swap
stackszrsx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #129
pongoro87
Master Member

pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pongoro87 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackszrsx View Post
Yep.... the rear mount bracket the MANUAL version (5-speed base or Type-S) uses is different than the Auto version one.... That's why I posted pics of them to show the differences "YOU WON"T BE ABLE TO USE THE AUTO ONE" if that is what you were wondering about

Old 02-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #130
rtrott2
Master Member

rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My auto-->6spd has 18k miles lil over a yr. Tuned in sept and no issues (except not being able.to ever have.cruise.again lol)
Old 02-21-2013, 01:15 PM   #131
stackszrsx

stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx stackszrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
pongoro how much did you pay for the engine harness? im thinking of going to the dealer
stackszrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:16 PM   #132
rtrott2
Master Member

rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rtrott2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have an uncut mint cond z1 dash harness if u wanna buy that.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #133
aphan
Master Member

aphan has disabled reputation
Quote:
pongoro how much did you pay for the engine harness? im thinking of going to the dealer
Just get a used one, dealer will charge you a dickload for a new one
Old 02-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #134
pongoro87
Master Member

Quote:
I couldn't find a used 5-speed base manual engine harness on here or Ebay.... and the ones I found on Ebay at that time looked like crap/shady..... I was in a hurry concerning the parts....so I bought a brand new one from an Acura dealer online... It cost me $242.60 total... shipping and handling charge included
Old 02-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #135
sykoenigma
Master Member

sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sykoenigma is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what an awesome DIY..i already have a factory type-s and would never do a project like this because i do not have the desire or resources to do so, but this was very detailed and interesting to read and learn how it was done.

props on doing the swap - are you in the automotive field as a career?
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 PM   #136
pongoro87
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoenigma View Post
what an awesome DIY..i already have a factory type-s and would never do a project like this because i do not have the desire or resources to do so, but this was very detailed and interesting to read and learn how it was done.

props on doing the swap - are you in the automotive field as a career?
Thanks Man!

and regarding that question... nope lol
I just like taking things apart, analyse them, and put them back together... I've been into that since I was born (no animal cruelty, though.... except for some dead lizards and big ass spiders)
Old 02-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #137
XG624
OG Base Crew

XG624 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pongoro87 View Post
I couldn't find a used 5-speed base manual engine harness on here or Ebay.... and the ones I found on Ebay at that time looked like crap/shady..... I was in a hurry concerning the parts....so I bought a brand new one from an Acura dealer online... It cost me $242.60 total... shipping and handling charge included
I noticed the same thing when I was going through this. Whenever I would find one on ebay they would have it listed as a base 5 speed - but upon closer inspection of the pictures I would see the part # sticker indicated it was actually from a type-s. Almost got screwed multiple times looking for the dash/engine harness I accepted the fact I would just get it from k-series.

Then I lost the RSX but still this DIY was one of the most useful I've ever read on here and inspired me to go for it. I'm selling a full clutch pedal assembly and type-s cluster for anyone going through with this. OBO on the pedal setup and $70 shipped on the cluster.

XG624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #138
BigDaddyDuTe

BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
yes you do neeeed the fire wall side mounting bracket.
BigDaddyDuTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #139
BigDaddyDuTe

BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BigDaddyDuTe is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
if uou have a 02-04 the z1 wont work i dont think just find a manual five speed one in ebay thats where i got my uncut for 60 bucks oh and pongoro we talked be for about my wheel making noise turns out it was my axles driver and passenger and the passenger strut was blown out.
BigDaddyDuTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #140
pongoro87
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyDuTe View Post
if uou have a 02-04 the z1 wont work i dont think just find a manual five speed one in ebay thats where i got my uncut for 60 bucks oh and pongoro we talked be for about my wheel making noise turns out it was my axles driver and passenger and the passenger strut was blown out.
glad you got it fixed!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #141
dc5prime
i haz gold plated diapers

dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Would you happen to have an idea why the type-s dash harness wouldnt work? Aside from the radio plug/bose system i can only assume would differ from the base m/t harness and type-s harness. Reason being i can find type-s dash harnesses for less then $100 on eBay, but really no info on the compatibility between it and the base manual.
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=641971
dc5prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #142
pongoro87
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc5prime View Post
Would you happen to have an idea why the type-s dash harness wouldnt work? Aside from the radio plug/bose system i can only assume would differ from the base m/t harness and type-s harness. Reason being i can find type-s dash harnesses for less then $100 on eBay, but really no info on the compatibility between it and the base manual.
that's because nobody has tried it, yet
you could be the first
Old 03-29-2013, 10:52 AM   #143
pongoro87
Master Member

Also, I remember somebody having issues with the fuel pump not getting a signal when putting the key switch to II (but that issue was on a 05-06 generation).... I am still curious about the 02-04 generations, though...
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #144
dc5prime

dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5prime is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I guess I'll be the test dummy lol...will be back in may to confirm.
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #145
The309Rsx
Not New Member

The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx The309Rsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_CHIEF914 View Post
why didn't you just sell the auto and buy a type s for a few thousand more?

props for the hard work tho
Damnit, you beat me to it! But props if you have the money and patience to do a project like this! Good work
The309Rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #146
pongoro87
Master Member

Quote:
I guess I'll be the test dummy lol...will be back in may to confirm.
you are the man, lol

there is another mystery I am trying to figure out... I might try it in the future....
If I were to get a cheap k20a2.... I am wondering If using an 02-04 types engine harness Only, and 02-04 type-s ECU (no k-pro)... would the car run like a stock 02-04 type-s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The309Rsx View Post
Damnit, you beat me to it! But props if you have the money and patience to do a project like this! Good work
Thank you Man!
It was a pain in the ass ... no regrets at all, though
Old 04-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #147
dc5prime

Quote:
you are the man, lol

there is another mystery I am trying to figure out... I might try it in the future....
If I were to get a cheap k20a2.... I am wondering If using an 02-04 types engine harness Only, and 02-04 type-s ECU (no k-pro)... would the car run like a stock 02-04 type-:
From what I recall on past research, engine harness and ecu must match. So in theory to that yes it should w/o kpro, you just need to get your key matched to the ecu. Also since your already manual, you can possibly find the information looking for base manual to type s to see what's needed.
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #148
pongoro87
Master Member

Quote:
From what I recall on past research, engine harness and ecu must match. So in theory to that yes it should w/o kpro, you just need to get your key matched to the ecu. Also since your already manual, you can possibly find the information looking for base manual to type s to see what's needed.
that's why I am tempted on doing it
is either that, or K-proing my base ECU ($600.00) and going with a k24a2
Old 04-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #149
dc5prime

Quote:
that's why I am tempted on doing it
is either that, or K-proing my base ECU ($600.00) and going with a k24a2
Haha I'm actually going to build up a k24a2 for next summer. I have a type-s ecu waiting to be kpro'd when I can afford it.
Team Tape Crew Member #5

DIY Dashboard Removal
Old 04-01-2013, 03:40 PM   #150
pongoro87
Master Member

Quote:
Haha I'm actually going to build up a k24a2 for next summer. I have a type-s ecu waiting to be kpro'd when I can afford it.