Base vs. Type S for full DC5R Replica - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > JDM Only RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-14-2013, 10:14 PM   #1
captaingamez

captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Base vs. Type S for full DC5R Replica

If you were going to build a complete and full JDM DC5R replica, K20A, Y2M3, Brembo full suspension and +60 wheels, all bracings, ect, ect. with or without RHD conversion, would you want to start with a base model or a Type S?

does it matter in the long run, and how does it effect the end value?
captaingamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #2
Atomik

Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Atomik is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I don't know about making a Type R replica or how much your choice will effect the end value but the Type S does have better parts then the base (again, not sure how many of those you are all going to replace) but the base (at least in Canada) doesn't have a moon roof, which the Type R also doesn't have. So it would look closer to the Type R if you are being that meticulous.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
Stig
Because STIGCAR

Stig is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
S would be easier since it already has the bolt holes for the front strut bar and rear lower tie bar. Base does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse_Chevelle
as always, Stig with the info for the masses!
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
captaingamez

captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx captaingamez is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomik View Post
I don't know about making a Type R replica or how much your choice will effect the end value but the Type S does have better parts then the base (again, not sure how many of those you are all going to replace) but the base (at least in Canada) doesn't have a moon roof, which the Type R also doesn't have. So it would look closer to the Type R if you are being that meticulous.
that, is an incredibly good point which I had not considered, I am in the process of a sunroof restoration in another car right now (1984 nissan 910) and let me tell you, sunroofs suck. and I would be trying to be that meticulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
S would be easier since it already has the bolt holes for the front strut bar and rear lower tie bar. Base does not.
which bolt holes? the rear lower tie bar mounts in between the control arm bushings right? and the front mounts on the top hat bolts right?

Last edited by captaingamez; 07-15-2013 at 02:06 AM..
Old 08-03-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
nicholaskinds

nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx nicholaskinds is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
06 rsx type s

im replacing a motor in an 2006 acura rsx type s and im debating on putting a type r motor instead of type s, but all I can find in 02, 03, 04 type r motors. should I put an older type r motor in my 06 type s. is it worth it?
nicholaskinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
captaingamez

yes
Old 08-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
ngk

ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ngk is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Is easier to make a few bolt holes than fill in a sunroof, also the type R interior will be big bucks, cheaper to move to UK and buy a real one lol
ngk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #8
Ginja66
DANGER ZONE!

Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ginja66 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Canadian base model w/o sunroof. Make it rain, buddy...

Old 08-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
captaingamez

I hate sunroofs, they suck soo much, the 910 restoration is taking forever, Why?, Sunroof...

heres a better reason, DRAIN TUBES RUNNING DOWN YOUR PILLARS.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #10
russovi
v8killer

russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx russovi is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingamez View Post
I hate sunroofs, they suck soo much, the 910 restoration is taking forever, Why?, Sunroof...

heres a better reason, DRAIN TUBES RUNNING DOWN YOUR PILLARS.
lol..agreed!
russovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:20 PM   #11
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
If you have a person that is an artist with a welder, filling that sunroof would be easy.
and the inside will not be seen once the headliner is installed.
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:40 AM   #12
EP3A2
Master Member

EP3A2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Get a clean base shell

Sounds like you just need the shell. It doesn't matter which one since you'd be replacing practically everything. The Canadian base would be a good option if you're willing to go through that process of shipping a car that has no sunroof. You'd pay less sealing up the sunroof with sheet metal.

Drilling holes for the strut bar and adding brackets is too easy. Since bases are for the most part, less expensive than a Type s (generally speaking, not looking to argue), it would be a good idea to start the search for a super clean base, even if it's automatic. IMHO.

In 2015, I bought an automatic 02 base (after my S was stolen). Since then, I've swapped out the motor/trans, converted to manual, upgraded suspension, brakes to Type S and still have lots more to do on it. It's my daily but my plans are to make my own version of the Type R, slowly but surely.