Yet another Kpro Speedometer problem (05+) - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-15-2014, 09:32 PM   #1
QuickWrench

QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yet another Kpro Speedometer problem (05+)

Guy's

Need some help. Bought a turbo'ed 06 RSX Type S that had a ringland failure. I swapped the motor and fixed up the shoddy nonsense the last guys had done. The car is running good now, but I don't have a reading from the speedo.

The car has a legit Hondata Kpro and jumper harness installed. The config is good in the tune and the data log and OBDII show accurate speeds, but no speedo at the cluster. All the other gauges are working fine though.

Looking for ideas or the help of someone familiar with the pinouts and signal types for this setup. FYI, the speedo was not working when I bought the car either, but I have tested with the factory ECU and it did work.

Thanks in advance!
dp
QuickWrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #2
Spunkster
Mental Midget Fighter

Spunkster is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
What is the serial number of the K-Pro board inside the ECU, and what is the serial number on the outside of the ECU case?
Spunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #3
QuickWrench

QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx QuickWrench is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The kpro serial number is 05004189, ecu part number is 37820-prb-a04 with the serial being 2068-300338 0G11 I think. Also, fuel gauge is very slow to respond when filling up. Cruise control not working either.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #4
QuickWrench

Also, there is a sticker on the side that state the ecu was modified for use in 2005/2006 rsxs
Old 06-19-2014, 01:34 PM   #5
Spunkster
Mental Midget Fighter

Spunkster is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
There is no record of this ECU being modified for an 05-06 RSX and that is why it is probably not working for you.
Spunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
QuickWrench

That's funny because it has the hondata black sticker stating that it has been. It also has the hondata jumper harness with the gray plug. Perhaps there is a mistake in your records, or someone went through great lengths to counterfeit a sticker to affix to a hondata kpro conversion that you do apparently have on record?

Help me understand this please, need a speedo and odometer.
Old 06-30-2014, 01:26 AM   #7
Axix23
:)

Axix23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
is the speed reading in the ecu? Do a datalog and find out.
Is your countershaft speed sensor enabled in parameters?
FORSALE: FS: ONE MINT 17x8" Gunmetal SSR Type-C-RS wheel, Black T1 Racing turbo blanket, NEW Tial 44m WG Spring(2.9psi), NEW Tial 50mm BOV 11 psi spring, NEW o2 extension, OEM RSX-S injectors with clips, pair of Digital h1 3k Hid bulbs, and NEW Gatorback 4070775 belt, PM me for prices....
Axix23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:29 AM   #8
06_typeS
JoE

06_typeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I had simialr problems when I was on cruise, the speedo would blip then cruise would shut off. It did that speratically, hope you find a cure.

Enkei | Yokohama | Buddyclub | K&N | Stoptech | PowerSlot | Hawk | Comptech | Source1 | Seibon | Momo | NRG
06_typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #9
DC5PWR-license

DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5PWR-license is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06_typeS View Post
I had simialr problems when I was on cruise, the speedo would blip then cruise would shut off. It did that speratically, hope you find a cure.

@06_typeS What did you do to fix that quick shift mine does it never really has bothered me, but if its an easy fix i'd love to fix it.
DC5PWR-license is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #10
06_typeS
JoE

06_typeS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My solution was that I sold the car and bought an NSX lol.

Enkei | Yokohama | Buddyclub | K&N | Stoptech | PowerSlot | Hawk | Comptech | Source1 | Seibon | Momo | NRG
06_typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 10:54 PM   #11
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickWrench View Post
That's funny because it has the hondata black sticker stating that it has been. It also has the hondata jumper harness with the gray plug. Perhaps there is a mistake in your records, or someone went through great lengths to counterfeit a sticker to affix to a hondata kpro conversion that you do apparently have on record?

Help me understand this please, need a speedo and odometer.
there are people that counterfeit them, here's a thread about it.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...266&highlight=
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:38 PM   #12
Rsx1206
NvUS East Coast

Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx Rsx1206 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Hey QuickWrench. Ik I'm bringing back an old thread but I'm experiencing the same symptoms. I am 120% positive that my kpro is real as I sent it out to hondata myself for the v4 upgrade. I have slow gas gauge, and Speedo was not reading at all but now it's stuck at a constant 50. Any luck resolving this?

Last edited by Rsx1206; 06-13-2019 at 09:07 AM..
Rsx1206 is offline   Reply With Quote