Help!! Battery drain - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 06-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #1
LilOne24
04' RSX-S

LilOne24 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Help!! Battery drain

Something is draining my battery. I narrowed it down to fuse number 9 under the hood. I unplugged the radio, amplifier, immobilizer control unit, gauge cluster, and the keyless receiver unit and I'm still getting a draw 😡🤯 does anyone have an idea as to what it might be. Thank you
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #2
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Did you measure the draw? This circuit will always draw some for the alarm. Some have found a draw in the cluster. An old battery can also go quick with a normal draw. I'v been fighting the same thing and mine turned out to be the aftermarket alarm. I took it out but this one still draws more than my other one. If you have a meter, you can always unplug one thing at a time.
Old 06-17-2019, 06:30 AM   #3
LilOne24
04' RSX-S

LilOne24 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I was using a test light and unplugged everything one at a time but I was going to try to use a meter this weekend and see what it reads. The only thing I didnt unplug was the alarm but I was going to try that next. I also read about the cluster but I unplugged that and still had the draw. Hopefully when I unplug the alarm that will work, if not I'm at a loss because I've unplugged everything that I can think would be on that fuse.

Last edited by LilOne24; 06-17-2019 at 06:36 AM..
LilOne24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-19-2019, 11:29 AM   #4
integraman

integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
I have the same problem and just have been living with it by pulling the no.9 fuse cause best buy installed my viper alarm system and they botched it bad just havent had time to rewire everything up again properly.
integraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:08 PM   #5
joel1952

joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx joel1952 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Maybe it's a weak battery. Disconnect the negative, charge it, disconnect the charger and read the voltage 1) after a minute and 2) an hour after you disconnect the charger
joel1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:24 AM   #6
angleiron

angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx angleiron is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel1952 View Post
Maybe it's a weak battery. Disconnect the negative, charge it, disconnect the charger and read the voltage 1) after a minute and 2) an hour after you disconnect the charger
Easiest thing to do is have the battery load tested. This will tell you right away if its the battery.
angleiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
integraman

integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx integraman is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Mine was a .38 amp draw when I pull no. 9 fuse it is less than .07 amp. Rewired screen and amps and narrowed it down to white/red factory alarm wire under steering wheel on right side. It gets constant +12 volts at all times.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #8
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
.38 is normal and a good battery will be fine. I'm good if I drive it every day, but my tired battery will crap out if it sits for 5.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:51 AM   #9
integraman

Garage
less than .1 amp draw is what is from the factory. A .38 amp draw will drain a brand new battery in 2 weeks. Not all of us get to drive the rsx once a week.