Plan on getting an 05-06 rsx base - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > New Member Introduction RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 01-06-2019, 10:21 PM   #1
CarCrave20

CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Plan on getting an 05-06 rsx base

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and want you get an rsx base 5spd in the spring. I know this question has been asked before but, how fun are this card to drive? I know they aren't "fast" or as quick as the type s, but are they quick to 60mph, fun to corner, and fun to drive around town? I do about 50/50 rural and highway driving. Thanks for the inputs.
CarCrave20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2019, 09:27 AM   #2
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The base model is a damn pig... that being said, it's still a fun vehicle to drive in stock form and even better with different sway bars/suspension.

I think the manual did 0-60 in just over 8 seconds? Best way to find out is take it for a test drive...
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:46 AM   #3
CarCrave20

CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CarCrave20 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
0-60 for the base 5spd is around 6.8-7.2. The auto is around 8 secs.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #4
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Odd, i feel my Type S is slow. Its very stock though.
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #5
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarCrave20 View Post
0-60 for the base 5spd is around 6.8-7.2. The auto is around 8 secs.
If you already knew that, then why did you ask? lol
Old 01-07-2019, 03:48 PM   #6
CarCrave20

Lol I wasn't asking for times, just asking if it felt quick.
Old 01-07-2019, 03:57 PM   #7
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Lol I wasn't asking for times, just asking if it felt quick.
I bet it feels quick if your coming from a prius.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:02 PM   #8
CarCrave20

I'm coming from an 06 grand prix balt model.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #9
CarCrave20

*base model
Old 01-07-2019, 04:13 PM   #10
mfarmakas17

Pretty sure that Grand Prix is a bit quicker than the base rsx... but the RSX will definitely be more fun of a vehicle overall.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:24 PM   #11
CarCrave20

I GPS tested the 0-60 in my gp the other day and I clocked 7.96. That is about what the base auto rsx does.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #12
pandimus

Hell, my tacoma and my MDX feel quicker than my RSX.. lol
Old 01-07-2019, 04:45 PM   #13
CarCrave20

Lol that's because they both have more torque. keep in mind I know the base rsx 5spd isn't fast like a mustang gt or sti.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 AM   #14
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
lol save your money and get a type s. Dont bother wasting money on a base imho.
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:13 AM   #15
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrooster808 View Post
lol save your money and get a type s. Dont bother wasting money on a base imho.
Have you ever modified a base rsx? Sure it's no type s, but it's still a vast improvement over stock. Don't knock it until you try it
Old 01-09-2019, 08:42 AM   #16
CarCrave20

I would love to have a type s, but the problem is that I'm in college and not making banks. I can find the base for sale in the $2500-4000 range in good shape. I'm lucky to find a type s for sale with with less than 100k for $7000. If I were to save for a type s I would end up just getting an 8th gen si.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:08 AM   #17
blackrooster808

blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx blackrooster808 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Have you ever modified a base rsx? Sure it's no type s, but it's still a vast improvement over stock. Don't knock it until you try it
I dont need to, i know. Trim level specs matter.
blackrooster808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #18
Mikeman711

Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Mikeman711 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Black rooster your just a negative person who hates his life get the fuck off the forum if you can’t be a positive person ! Cause you don’t know shit a type s yes a better start but who cares maybe he got a good deal on the base maybe he wants to turbo it not have to look for a 5 speed transmission maybe he plans on building the engine

Cause main things different are the internals and transmission that’s pretty much it the case the engine are the same

All he would need to do is get a the type s head and he would be good

So before you start commenting on every post on here and being a new member go get a job get your self your own car and fuck off cause apparently all you do on this forum as try to start shit dumb ass
Mikeman711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:56 AM   #19
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrooster808 View Post
I dont need to, i know. Trim level specs matter.
Sorry to tell you this guy, but the only thing you know for sure is that you don't know much. Did you even read the first post?
The TS isn't trying to build a racecar, he's asking if it's a fun vehicle. Just because the type s has better specs doesn't mean the base isn't enjoyable.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:58 AM   #20
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeman711 View Post
Black rooster your just a negative person who hates his life get the fuck off the forum if you canít be a positive person ! Cause you donít know shit a type s yes a better start but who cares maybe he got a good deal on the base maybe he wants to turbo it not have to look for a 5 speed transmission maybe he plans on building the engine

Cause main things different are the internals and transmission thatís pretty much it the case the engine are the same

All he would need to do is get a the type s head and he would be good

So before you start commenting on every post on here and being a new member go get a job get your self your own car and fuck off cause apparently all you do on this forum as try to start shit dumb ass
He would actually needs the head, crank, oil pump/pan, intake manifold, pistons, rods, and kpro at least. It's not as simple as a head swap.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:02 AM   #21
CarCrave20

Yes, the type s is the better option for performance I agree, but I'm not looking to have the fastest car. I just want something quicker and more fun than my grand prix. I wouldn't plan on doing any major mods, at most a catback, intake, and maybe reflash.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:49 AM   #22
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
It's been said on here before that the performance of the base and Type S are nearly the same up through ~50mph. Once you hit 3rd gear, you'd feel the difference and on up.

You'd enjoy a base with an intake and reflash (and catback if you so choose). Once you do that, the same things that make a Type S more fun make a base more fun: better tires, camber, rear sway bar, lightweight wheels, 6-spd tranny, LSD...
Old 01-09-2019, 11:58 AM   #23
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
RSX type S > 8th gen Si
'03 Tacoma PreRunner V6 Extra Cab
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:13 PM   #24
CarCrave20

Im actually the previous owner of an 08 si. The type s js better performance wise, but I think the si has a nice interior.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #25
all<dc5
NA Today

all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx all<dc5 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Im actually the previous owner of an 08 si. The type s js better performance wise, but I think the si has a nice interior.
Eh I think both interiors could be better. I'm not a fan of the RSX seats and not a fan of the Si dash/cluster.

Can't ask too much from a car that costs $25k new though
'03 Tacoma PreRunner V6 Extra Cab
all<dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote