Car doesn't beep when locked - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
tehlulz
Broke College Student

tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Car doesn't beep when locked

I just put in new headlights and now when I lock my car it doesn't beep after. Can anyone help me out on what the problem is

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My Show-Off Thread
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
tehlulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
a4andy
dafuq?

a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx a4andy might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Does your horn still work?

a4andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
tehlulz
Broke College Student

tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx tehlulz might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4andy View Post
Does your horn still work?
Yeah my horn still works and when I lock my car my tail lights light up, should my headlights light up too

Old 12-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
dc99
Master Member

dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Parking lights should flash. It shouldn't beep if you hit lock one time. It only beeps if you hit it twice
dc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
tehlulz
Broke College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc99 View Post
Parking lights should flash. It shouldn't beep if you hit lock one time. It only beeps if you hit it twice
Yea when I lock it twice it doesn't beep, could it have something to do with when I put in new lights
Old 12-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
dc99
Master Member

dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc99 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I wouldn't think so. Does the horn work when you set off the panic???
dc99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #7
tehlulz
Broke College Student

Quote:
I haven't tried that yet I assume that it would. I would have to try it.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #8
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
you sure every door is locked? my would lock and my car wouldnt beep.. check my passenger door and it was unlocked.. actuator was shot. Worst part was I didnt even notice it until like 2 days of doing so, i was leaving my passenger door unlocked the whole time
RSlowXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
ironknuckles
I am not perfect...

ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ironknuckles is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I had this problem before and then I found out that the hatch actuator is shot and I have to manually lock the. In order for it to enable the security, all doors, hatch and even the hood should be lock.
SSM Crew
ironknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #10
RSlowXS
Master Member

RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSlowXS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironknuckles View Post
I had this problem before and then I found out that the hatch actuator is shot and I have to manually lock the. In order for it to enable the security, all doors, hatch and even the hood should be lock.
I was gonna mention checking the hatch and hood but I wasnt 100% sure if that mattered.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #11
tehlulz
Broke College Student

Quote:

No my horn doesn't go off when I press panic only my lights flash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

My Show-Off Thread
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
RSlowXS
Master Member

And youre positive every door is closed and locked? Just the horn isnt beeping?

Leave a window open, lock up the car, press the lock button twice as it would mean the car is armed.. reach in the window, unlock and open the door, that should set off the alarm, if the lights flash like the car alarm is going off but no horn, maybe there's a short or problem with the horn itself?

Just an idea id try if I had this problem.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:53 PM   #13
sharpsicle
MECP Installer

sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx sharpsicle is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSlowXS View Post

Leave a window open, lock up the car, press the lock button twice as it would mean the car is armed.. reach in the window, unlock and open the door, that should set off the alarm, if the lights flash like the car alarm is going off but no horn, maybe there's a short or problem with the horn itself?

Exactly this. Verify if it's a horn problem or an alarm problem. Move from there.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
dstanced
I <3 DIYs

dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dstanced is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
If all three of the actuators on the car works, the horn should sound, tail lights and headlight city lights should flash. Good luck.
dstanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:49 AM   #15
tehlulz
Broke College Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSlowXS View Post

I took your advice and tried it and the alarm didn't even go off, I tried a few more times and nothing the alarm still didnt go off. Could there be something wrong with a fuse or something.
Old 12-28-2013, 01:19 AM   #16
DC5_USMC

DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_USMC is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My car didn't beep last time and i was looking around and realized my hood wasn't closed all the way. so that could be it, maybe?
DC5_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote